ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone translate bud heavy?

Nope, I was talking about his senior year. I don't really count the year at 141. The second half of his senior year, he looked a little off. Still a pretty dominant champ, but he wasn't tearing people limb from limb like usual. Didn't score a takedown against Sorensen. Held to decisions by Heilmann and Perry at NCAAs. That's the version of Zain that is participating in this fantasy match, so I wouldn't be shocked if Murin could survive a whole 7. Obviously, wouldn't be competitive though.

Enough! Zain should have won 3 straight hodges. I think he had the highest bonus rate in the nation all 3. Is that good enough for a tech against Murin? For god's sake man.

Zain went on the record about why he "only" decisioned Heilmann and Perry after Final X. He said he started thinking about the team score against Ohio State (Cael instructs them REALLY strictly to not think about it but obviously Zain is only human)

I said before but if THAT isn't a textbook example of why Cael is dead serious about "Have Fun" I don't know what is. The minute you start thinking about team scores and freaking out about it is when you tighten up and don't wrestle normally.

Other stories include, DT saying Cael brought up team scores 0 times during his 4 titles.

Q had a pretty funny one about 2013:

Cael knows when to call for it (Ed against Hamlin in 2013)

Zain went on the record about why he "only" decisioned Heilmann and Perry after Final X. He said he started thinking about the team score against Ohio State (Cael instructs them REALLY strictly to not think about it but obviously Zain is only human)

I said before but if THAT isn't a textbook example of why Cael is dead serious about "Have Fun" I don't know what is. The minute you start thinking about team scores and freaking out about it is when you tighten up and don't wrestle normally.

Other stories include, DT saying Cael brought up team scores 0 times during his 4 titles.

Q had a pretty funny one about 2013:

Cael knows when to call for it (Ed against Hamlin in 2013)
So Cael didn't have a plan?

Goes against all my trainings

#crushed
#turkareyouok

Reactions: Ja1339
Yeah they are borderline atrocious right?
That isn't what he said.
They are solid, hard working kids.
His point was if the lineup was stacked full of solid hard working kids, and lacking a handful of high NCAA point scorers the Iowa faithful would be somewhat less appreciative of their efforts in accumulating 70 or 80 earned points and a 3rd place trophy.

Reactions: danoftw
That isn't what he said.
They are solid, hard working kids.
His point was if the lineup was stacked full of solid hard working kids, and lacking a handful of high NCAA point scorers the Iowa faithful would be somewhat less appreciative of their efforts in accumulating 70 or 80 earned points and a 3rd place trophy.
I understand. El-Jefe does aswell. It's all good.

Enough! Zain should have won 3 straight hodges. I think he had the highest bonus rate in the nation all 3. Is that good enough for a tech against Murin? For god's sake man.
As the resident Max Murin superfan, I will NEVER apologize for believing he could duplicate the performances of Keshawn Hayes, Steve Bleise, and Eleazar DeLuca, SIR.

Reads like a 40-year-old man with a case of sour grapes. Since college Askren has been an Olympian, a successful MMA fighter, a business owner, and a radio host. Why would anyone look down on him for agreeing to fight Jake Paul for money?
Spot on...

that's the part y'all fail to understand. there are several Olympians, MMA fighters, club owners, etc

that are great people. my dislike for Ben is not those qualities - it's certain (and repeated) decisions he's made.

to suggest that i'm bitter he's on frl is lunacy. he can't hold my jock. often times speaking flat out inaccuracies.

I like FRL and I like Ben but I hate him on FRL - he's just terrible. I can't understand how a person can be on so many podcasts and be such an unprofessional broadcaster. Constantly interrupting, talking over people and just killing segments. I like Willies shows too, has that vibe of sitting at a bar talking wrestling with friends.

that's the part y'all fail to understand. there are several Olympians, MMA fighters, club owners, etc

that are great people. my dislike for Ben is not those qualities - it's certain (and repeated) decisions he's made.

to suggest that i'm bitter he's on frl is lunacy. he can't hold my jock. often times speaking flat out inaccuracies.
What you fail to understand is most wrestling fans don't give a rat's ass about your beef with Askern or anyone. We're here because of the athletes and our love of the sport. You're like that vainglorious Uncle Rico character from Napoleon Dynamite. It isn't about you. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you do covering the sport. I just have zero interest in your personal dramas.

That may be true (that you don't care what i think about Askren (or other things)).

but why are you talking about it? i don't get the butthurt. I said something; you're whining about it. if i said 'i hate miller lite' would you be posting your disdain? seems to me the people whining about what i think/say really don't like the message. but they spin it as 'no one cares what you think'. if you don't care, shut up.

also - it's not a personal drama any more than the fact that i hate tom brady is personal. i just don't like him.

That may be true (that you don't care what i think about Askren (or other things)).

but why are you talking about it? i don't get the butthurt. I said something; you're whining about it. if i said 'i hate miller lite' would you be posting your disdain? seems to me the people whining about what i think/say really don't like the message. but they spin it as 'no one cares what you think'. if you don't care, shut up.

also - it's not a personal drama any more than the fact that i hate tom brady is personal. i just don't like him.
Regardless of your feelings re: Askren, at least he’s a loose enough cannon to counteract the bootlickers amongst the rest of the FRL crew.

Now that you’re gone, Askren’s the only one who will let loose with a comment like “what’s going on in Columbus” without worrying about a scolding from JJag or the Carnival Barker with Cauliflower Ears

'i hate miller lite'
i hate tom brady
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Willie and Askren should just fight and each go their way. Willie is always walking around with his little chest puffed out telling people to shut up. He needs humbled. I volunteer if Askren is out

Regardless of your feelings re: Askren, at least he’s a loose enough cannon to counteract the bootlickers amongst the rest of the FRL crew.

Now that you’re gone, Askren’s the only one who will let loose with a comment like “what’s going on in Columbus” without worrying about a scolding from JJag or the Carnival Barker with Cauliflower Ears
Isn't the correct term "jocksniffers"?

yeah, sure, CT.

i guess that's my point. There's reasons i have for not liking Ben. that doesn't mean i expect everyone to not like him. but i'm entitled to my opinion and the response being 'no one cares what you think' is silly. and yet there's multiple threads/pages on message boards about it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
yeah, sure, CT.

i guess that's my point. There's reasons i have for not liking Ben. that doesn't mean i expect everyone to not like him. but i'm entitled to my opinion and the response being 'no one cares what you think' is silly. and yet there's multiple threads/pages on message boards about it. :rolleyes:
Keep being you. Love your Rokfin vids, especially when you’re ranting so hard you run out of breath. By the way, who’s your partner on there - Colby? What’s his background? You guys are a good team, but that’s a lot of baldness for 1 show ;)

Ben is going to get embarrassed. He will get knocked out brutally, or giving a severe beating until the red stops the fight. Ben has zero boxing skills, he is old with a new hip, no power what so ever. This fight is a complete joke and a disgrace. Jake Paul even though is a YouTuber has been training for a few years. He has some semi decent skills and takes this sport way more serious and trains with real fighters from the little I follow. This is the easiest money JP will make and he knows it. Watching Ben hit a bag or hit the mitts is so pathetic I feel sorry for him. Of all people Ben should know how important skill is for a sport being an elite wrestler. His hands are down and slow with no pop. His chin is in the air waiting to get smashed from a punch he will never see coming. He will become another meme. It’s a shame because he is healthy and has a family and can look forward to a good life ahead of him. NO reason to step into a boxing ring and risk your life for a payday. None what so ever.
Yup, James Toney called it.

Maybe askren could start his day with this

Whenever I’m feeling under the weather, I go with a “man-mosa”: liter of Oj, drink it about half down, add 12oz Red Bull of your choice (optional emergen-c for those shitty days, probably overkill x1000, but it gives me peace).

shit makes me feel like I can fight a polar bear.

Reactions: dunkej01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT