ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton got to be NFL MVP Right?

I didn't like Newton because of his background (off field) in College, and was very skeptical that a dual threat QB like him would be successful in the NFL. He had virtually no ability to read defenses or understand advanced offensive concepts when he was drafted. What happened to RGIII, is what I expected to happen to all dual threat QBs. Newton has learned how to read defenses, and has proven to have the athletic skill and leadership to take his team to the highest level. If he doesn't win the MVP this year, then they should stop giving it away.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
Something about Newton I halfway like, but at the risk of sounding like an old fart, can he keep a lid on all the shit-talking? He threw the game-winner and then started yapping at the fans, the game wasn't over yet and you have Brees throwing to put them in position for a tying FG at the end. Can NFL players just celebrate, do their dance, I'm not saying don't be emotional but don't be stupid, don't yell at the fans, and don't be Odell Beckahm kicking balls around and taking delay penalties. There was so much idiotic stuff like that in the Jet-Giant game today, it has to be like running a kindergarten for some of these coaches. The Jets had NYG turned over, they were punting and then they got flagged for some ridiculous unsportsmanlike...first down Gmen. Then one of their players earlier in the game got one for running his mouth and he's on the sideline in street clothes. Just venting but all this dumb stuff costs teams.

can he keep a lid on all the shit-talking

I don't care for that either. The within play stuff is part of the game, but to taunt the opposing sideline or the other teams fans is really bush league in my opinion. That doesn't mean that it should prevent him from winning the MVP, however.

Newton and Winston are the QB's i thought Mcnabb would be,they definitely can take a pounding.

I don't like Newton's self-aggrandizement. Superman? Really? I thought that would be an insult to his teammates but they put up with it so I guess not.

Newton does all the mega-celebrating after TDs and the response to those that don't like it is "Hey, all the QBs do it, why don't you lighten up?" but I just don't see it. Do all the QBs do all that stuff after every TD? Really? Am I watching different video than everyone else? Because while I see a QB do it now and then here and there, I do not see any QBs, other than Newton, doing it to that extent or even close to that extent. I'm willing to be shown otherwise.

Unabashed Panthers fan here, so take my opinion for what its worth, but honestly if JJ Watt was in the conversation last year, then Luke Kuechly should be this year.

I don't see too much of a problem with the way Cam presents himself on the field. You can tell how much fun the guy has playing the game, having the ball in his hands and getting (and delivering) hits. As for the trash talk, I think it's a mutual thing - Cam seems to relish in jawing at opponents, and I think other teams love giving it back to Cam, too. I don't have too much of a problem with it - and it seems like it's all in good fun. Cam's as exciting a player as we've seen in the NFL in a number of years, and I think he's a great face for the league.

Cam has to be. He's leading an undefeated team by throwing balls to Ted Ginn, Jericho Cotchery and Devin Funchess. It's otherworldly what he's doing.

Cam may do the most for Kids then any other player ibn the league. He is always giving to under privileged kids.

Watch who he gives the balls to after Touchdowns.

Cam may do the most for Kids then any other player ibn the league. He is always giving to under privileged kids.

Watch who he gives the balls to after Touchdowns.
I saw that the ref didn't want to give him the ball after he scored. Then he got it from a guy on the sideline and ran it back to a little kid in the end zone. I enjoyed that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT