ADVERTISEMENT

Call me a homer, but I think Matt Millen makes a good color commentater for Penn State games!

Yes, he was on ESPN, virtually in tears with his jumping on the rush to judgement comments. I forget whether this was after November 2011 or after the Freeh Report came out. He certainly didn't have Joe's back like Franco did... but then again I can't think of any other former player who was as vocal and as quickly as Franco was in support of Joe's legacy.
Spot on Dan. If you are going to compare former players' level of support to Franco's, most, if not all, will fall short.

He has a room temperature IQ overall, a significantly below average football IQ for an NFL GM and a below average football IQ for a football announcer. He was the antithesis of Franco when Joe needed support the most. #NoRespectForMattMillen
What a pissy-assed post. Room temperature IQ? And what exactly is your claim to fame......come on, out with it!

Have never heard Jack Ham announce a game, but if his announcing skills are anything close to his playing skills, he must be one hell of an announcer. Talk about cred...
Jack Ham = best weak side linebacker in NFL history. Always in a perfect position.

I made my first posts on here 6-7 years ago refuting some USC fan's notion that Junior Seau was a better LB. The stats made my point.

What a pissy-assed post. Room temperature IQ? And what exactly is your claim to fame......come on, out with it!
He was being generous.

Based on his work as a commentator........the IQ could probably freeze water.

That is well below room temperature (unless you're an eskimo or something :) )

"This whole thing is - by design - well designed"

"We want to bring him in for a physical......so that we can see where he is at - physically"

What some of our friends in Michigan felt about Millen.....from his days with the Lions:

th
th

Detroit Lion Fans:

Green Bay Packer Fans:

Penn State has a guy working in broadcasting.....who is an OUTSTANDING symbol for the University. It is this guy:

th

Better off heaping more praise on THIS guy......and just hope that listening to Millen doesn't make your ears bleed.

Millen was a good.....actually, great....DT at PSU.
Remember that.
Other than that? "Meh".

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
And during the Rutgers game he just had to make a point that the team didn't care a bit about Joe Paterno not being at the Syracuse game when his son was critically injured. Pretty classless remark on his part.

I don't remember the quote, but is it possible that all he meant was that the team understood his absence? As opposed to not caring because they didn't value his coaching and leadership?

Jack Ham = best weak side linebacker in NFL history. Always in a perfect position.

I made my first posts on here 6-7 years ago refuting some USC fan's notion that Junior Seau was a better LB. The stats made my point.
It's unkind to speak ill of the departed, but I don't think I am throwing shade on Seau when I say he was no Jack Ham. Facts are facts.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
He was being generous.

Based on his work as a commentator........the IQ could probably freeze water.

That is well below room temperature (unless your an eskimo or something :) )

"This whole thing is - by design - well designed"

"We want to bring him in for a physical......so that we can see where he is at - physically"

What some of our friends in Michigan felt about Millen.....from his days with the Lions:

th
th

Detroit Lion Fans:

Green Bay Packer Fans:

Penn State has a guy working in broadcasting.....who is an OUTSTANDING symbol for the University. It is this guy:

th

Better off heaping more praise on THIS guy......and just hope that listening to Millen doesn't make your ears bleed.

Millen was a good.....actually, great....DT at PSU.
Remember that.
Other than that? "Meh".
Ouch! Did Millen steal your girlfriend from you in college? Do you really think the only accomplishment he's had is as a PSU DT? What about 12 years in the NFL, 4 super bowl rings, a pro bowl, at one time being the #2 analyst next to Madden. I agree his tenure as GM for Detroit was not good. But I give Millen credit for trying to do it and he got the opportunity. Its a great accomplishment to be the GM of an NFL team. Even after he failed he continued to work in a demoted capacity. He didn't "hide" and wasn't embarassed.
Millen is an emotional guy. He was as a player and he is now. No pretenses. He calls the game the way he sees it.

Reactions: Jerademan74
Ouch! Did Millen steal your girlfriend from you in college? Do you really think the only accomplishment he's had is as a PSU DT? What about 12 years in the NFL, 4 super bowl rings, a pro bowl, at one time being the #2 analyst next to Madden. I agree his tenure as GM for Detroit was not good. But I give Millen credit for trying to do it and he got the opportunity. Its a great accomplishment to be the GM of an NFL team. Even after he failed he continued to work in a demoted capacity. He didn't "hide" and wasn't embarassed.
Millen is an emotional guy. He was as a player and he is now. No pretenses. He calls the game the way he sees it.
LOL

Jack Ham is absolutely the best in the business. I've always enjoyed listening to him on the radio when I wasn't able to make the games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT