ADVERTISEMENT

Caedan Wallace is gone too now...

We'll be okay as it stands. We'll be good if guys progress. Basically need someone to step up at one tackle spot, we have good bodies, while the rest is pretty good. Of course, injuries will play a factor.

That OL room has an abundance of high-star guys and many bodies...time for the older guys to move on and see what the younger group can do. Caedan certainly improved this year after a very marginal 2022.

But hopefully the ceiling with the new look 2024 OL is higher, because when it mattered in the big games in 2022-23, this group couldn't get it done.

Is Wallace not returning that much of surprise or a huge loss? We knew Olu and Hunter were gone so pretty much expected. I think we should be good with J’Ven and Drew at T. Center is TBD.

Is Wallace not returning that much of surprise or a huge loss? We knew Olu and Hunter were gone so pretty much expected. I think we should be good with J’Ven and Drew at T. Center is TBD.
J'Ven is 19 years old. No, we are not "ok" with him starting.

Reactions: bdgan
Center is Nick Dawkins. Not "TBD". And yes, Dawkins will be an upgrade over Nourzad.

The problem is at the tackle positions.

The line looks the same whether we have 5 returning starters or 5 new guys. Wallace has moved from a huge liability to a moderate liability over the last 3 years. Move on

Reactions: Psubiomed
J’ven was one of the top T in the country coming out of HS and got reps at LT this year. Shelton was very good filling in for Olu at LT for the second half of 2022. I’d like to see Shelton at LT and Williams at RT next year, but that’s JMHO. Dawkins seems to be the heir apparent at C. Cousins is slated to be a C and is a stud so we’ll see who is the starter at C. We have talent and depth at OLine so I’m not worried.

Reactions: bison13
J'Ven is not, and will never be, anything close to Olu Fashanu. If he is starting next year we have serious, serious issues at tackle.

J’ven was one of the top T in the country coming out of HS and got reps at LT this year. Shelton was very good filling in for Olu at LT for the second half of 2022. I’d like to see Shelton at LT and Williams at RT next year, but that’s JMHO. Dawkins seems to be the heir apparent at C. Cousins is slated to be a C and is a stud so we’ll see who is the starter at C. We have talent and depth at OLine so I’m not worried.
We are going to be very VERY young, and that's not good.

Agree. Did PSU pursue the OT from Northwestern who portaled to Michigan a few days ago?
Hell no: He wasn't a D2 or Ivy guy. If they aren't D2 or Ivy, we're not interested. Now if he's a fat kid from Baltimore, then sure, PSU is all in.

I don't know that we did, but this is one of those "if Michigan does it, it's good; if we do it, why we getting a NW guy?" type of deals.
That's for sure. I think PSU needs to bring in an experienced RT that can start. Shelton will be fine @ LT but not sure Williams is ready to go full time @ RT.

Reactions: lazydave841
Very few LTs are close to Olu
Of course Olu was a first team AA and a stud. Shelton filled in nicely at LT as a true frosh in 22’ and got good reps at RT this year. Not sure why he didn’t take the RT spot from Wallace this year, but he seemed to out play him. J’Ven is a stud and got reps at LT, so if those are our two options I’m feeling pretty good.

Assume Washington, Ohio State and USC are on notice. We play them next year.
Better get used to it. The Transfer Portal is affecting all of the major programs including the ones you mentioned. I believe OSU has around a dozen or so already this year and read that Alabama had 16 and Goergia 18 last year and both will be around 20 this year. Highly recruited kids at the major football powers are not going to stick around now for more than a couple of years with the Portal and NIL in play

Reactions: lazydave841
Better get used to it. The Transfer Portal is affecting all of the major programs including the ones you mentioned. I believe OSU has around a dozen or so already this year and read that Alabama had 16 and Goergia 18 last year and both will be around 20 this year. Highly recruited kids at the major football powers are not going to stick around now for more than a couple of years with the Portal and NIL in play

I think having that much turnover will lead to lopsided seasons eventually for the teams who have dominated the 4 team playoff era.

Or they will just chug along, unimpaired.

Still, it will be interesting to evaluate the different strategies in another 10 years.

Of course Olu was a first team AA and a stud. Shelton filled in nicely at LT as a true frosh in 22’ and got good reps at RT this year. Not sure why he didn’t take the RT spot from Wallace this year, but he seemed to out play him. J’Ven is a stud and got reps at LT, so if those are our two options I’m feeling pretty good.
Ok now we are talking. Great post and thx for talking me off the ledge 😂

Reactions: Fac
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT