ADVERTISEMENT

Busiello

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Amy word that Buckeye Jesus making a move on him?

Saw this while lurking on Buckeye board:

discussion Topic: Ohio boys at Who’s number #1
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 14, 2018

imo re Karchla, i think the favorite is Ohio st with Wisc, NC state, Penn st and Ok st possible too. .....i also think Ohio st good chance off geting # 1 senior at 126 Adam Busiello from New York.

Yes its true, thats straight from BookemDano. Oldtimers on here know thats pretty much $ in the bank--- unless Dwight knows better, where has that fellow been, btw ???

Discussion Topic: Ohio boys at Who’s number #1
Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 14, 2018

Dano,

You just delivered a recruiting bombshell.

Adam Busiello is committed to Penn State and has been for more than two years. What’s the story here?

Reactions: fronk71
Preusse has been incorrect more than just rarely. Of course his most notable miss was Spencer won his title last year wearing a black singlet, not a navy blue with a white stripe singlet.

Preusse has been incorrect more than just rarely. Of course his most notable miss was Spencer won his title last year wearing a black singlet, not a navy blue with a white stripe singlet.
Preusse is pretty dialed in to tOSU, but not other programs. So any info he might offer not related to tOSU (e.g., whether Spencer Lee goes to Iowa or PSU) generally isn't any better than anyone else's.

That said, not sure what to think regarding his nugget about Busiello.

Preusse is pretty dialed in to tOSU, but not other programs. So any info he might offer not related to tOSU (e.g., whether Spencer Lee goes to Iowa or PSU) generally isn't any better than anyone else's.

That said, not sure what to think regarding his nugget about Busiello.
Spencer's top 3 were Penn State, Iowa and Ohio State. I just remember his post about Ohio State was out of the Spencer sweepstakes and the kid was a Penn Stater.

I am not saying he isn't dialed in to Ohio State, I am saying he has posted incorrect information in the past. Even if the incorrect information was an extension of the staff's incorrect read.

Hey Tom, how was the Busiello visit? Great Bob, fantastic! Beyond any possible positive infinity or Aruba Arriba. We positively have an infinity shot.

Great job Tom, you got another one.

Dad asks Adam so what did you think? It was great dad. A really positive visit. The guys are great and so was the staff. A fantastic facility and school. If I wasn't going to Penn State, Ohio State and Cornell would be great other choices.

Or something like that.

If I am wrong, oh well. Best of luck to the kid.

Spencer's top 3 were Penn State, Iowa and Ohio State. I just remember his post about Ohio State was out of the Spencer sweepstakes and the kid was a Penn Stater.

I am not saying he isn't dialed in to Ohio State, I am saying he has posted incorrect information in the past. Even if the incorrect information was an extension of the staff's incorrect read.

Hey Tom, how was the Busiello visit? Great Bob, fantastic! Beyond any possible positive infinity or Aruba Arriba. We positively have an infinity shot.

Great job Tom, you got another one.

Dad asks Adam so what did you think? It was great dad. A really positive visit. The guys are great and so was the staff. A fantastic facility and school. If I wasn't going to Penn State, Ohio State and Cornell would be great other choices.

Or something like that.

If I am wrong, oh well. Best of luck to the kid.
Ryan changing his strategy - looking for ready-made mat wrestlers since his current staff can’t coach it worth a damn it seems

Ryan changing his strategy - looking for ready-made mat wrestlers since his current staff can’t coach it worth a damn it seems

I love making fun of Ryan too but "Buckeye Jesus" is over the top. Anyway, you made me do a Twitter check. His verbal to the good guys is still pinned and this is still his profile pic.
yMK_Ovom_400x400.jpg

Come on CT, don't go there. There are some that would be critical of Cael's religion too. There's plenty of other stuff to make fun of Ryan about.

I don't see what's wrong with hammering him on those. They are factually incorrect. You'd have to be a kook to believe either of those things. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with denying reality.

Didn't like ryan much before, but when Nolf got injured he went full blown positive infinity. The dual loss didn't shut him up either. Loved it at NCAAs when Micah v Nolf semi with osu still leading and ryan probably thinking about all the glory if Micah could pull this off and Nolf doesn't let him score a point while teching him wrestling a completely different style than usual. There was still a chance though, so he ran for the nearest camera. The youtube video of semi even starts with the osu guys blabbing about something. Icing on the cake was Bo snatching all his praise and glory. He's the shady guy rolling into town in the old westerns and Bo showed all the towns people his elixir was fake.

Last edited:
Didn't like ryan much before, but when Nolf got injured he went full blown positive infinity. The dual lose didn't shut him up either. Loved it at NCAAs when Micah v Nolf semi with osu still leading and ryan probably thinking about all the glory if Micah could pull this off and Nolf doesn't let him score a point while teching him wrestling a completely different style than usual. There was still a chance though, so he ran for the nearest camera. The youtube video of semi even starts with the osu guys blabbing about something. Icing on the cake was Bo snatching all his praise and glory. He's the shady guy rolling into town in the old westerns and Bo showed all the towns people his elixir was fake.
Yup - the chirping went up 10-fold AFTER Nolf got hurt. I think Ryan thought a clean sweep of the dual, Big 10, and NCAA was on. He thought wrong. People think Nickal was aiming his speech at Suriano. I think it was aimed clearly at Tanman and his own hipsterish Robin, JJag. Bo and the team heard all the talk - you could hear DT discuss it impliedly during one of his interviews - when he noted that the Buckeyes had piled the pressure on themselves. Ohio State fans were mad at that, but it seems clear from their promo and other stuff that they thought Cleveland was going to be a coronation.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in their team room after the semis. Ryan was probably feverishly going over scoring permutations - no doubt using the PSWC site as his guide;).

He’s a Carnival Barker with Cauliflower Ear

Carnival Barker with Cauliflower Ear.

Instant Classic.

HC of the best non-winning team in NCAA history.

[Sad trombone] - “Womp Womp”

Reactions: danoftw
Yup - the chirping went up 10-fold AFTER Nolf got hurt. I think Ryan thought a clean sweep of the dual, Big 10, and NCAA was on. He thought wrong. People think Nickal was aiming his speech at Suriano. I think it was aimed clearly at Tanman and his own hipsterish Robin, JJag. Bo and the team heard all the talk - you could hear DT discuss it impliedly during one of his interviews - when he noted that the Buckeyes had piled the pressure on themselves. Ohio State fans were mad at that, but it seems clear from their promo and other stuff that they thought Cleveland was going to be a coronation.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in their team room after the semis. Ryan was probably feverishly going over scoring permutations - no doubt using the PSWC site as his guide;).

He’s a Carnival Barker with Cauliflower Ear
That's one of the dumbest theories out there. Bo Nickal just pinned an Ohio State national champion to win the team title over Ohio State, the interviewer asks him questions about beating said Ohio State wrestler, and Bo is thinking about ... Rutgers Nick? SMDH.

Of course it was aimed at Tan Tom and Skinny Jeans Jeff -- to the extent it was aimed at all.

But not sure I'd want to be a fly on the wall there -- what happens if you get trapped in the tanning booth with Ryan or Stieber?

primary_TFY_03.jpg

Bob does have good links to the tOSU program. But as others have indicated, his track record is not 100%. Frankly, when dealing with recruiting, it's impossible to be 100%, as recruits change their minds, programs change their minds, programs think they are in better shape than they really are, etc.

As for Busiello going to tOSU, I have absolutely no inside info. I would simply point out that tOSU has recruited a lot of kids in recent years to the lower weights.

2019 Verbals so far:
- Jacob Decatur (125)
- Jordan Decatur (133/141)
- JakeCanitano (133)

2018:
- Malik Heinselman (125)
- Kyle Gruber (125)

2017:
- Brakan Mead (125)
- Jaime Hood (125/133)

The Decatur boys, and Heinselman were very highly rated.

In short, I don't see a lot of difference between the competition for spots at PSU, with Teasdale, Teske, and RGB, and tOSU with the aforementioned wrestlers. But then, recruiting rarely is logical.

Bob does have good links to the tOSU program. But as others have indicated, his track record is not 100%. Frankly, when dealing with recruiting, it's impossible to be 100%, as recruits change their minds, programs change their minds, programs think they are in better shape than they really are, etc.

As for Busiello going to tOSU, I have absolutely no inside info. I would simply point out that tOSU has recruited a lot of kids in recent years to the lower weights.

2019 Verbals so far:
- Jacob Decatur (125)
- Jordan Decatur (133/141)
- JakeCanitano (133)

2018:
- Malik Heinselman (125)
- Kyle Gruber (125)

2017:
- Brakan Mead (125)
- Jaime Hood (125/133)

The Decatur boys, and Heinselman were very highly rated.

In short, I don't see a lot of difference between the competition for spots at PSU, with Teasdale, Teske, and RGB, and tOSU with the aforementioned wrestlers. But then, recruiting rarely is logical.

Heinselman and Jacob Decatur are not remotely big for 125. It will take Jacob at least a year to get even close to 125. Jordan Decatur is the only top 133/141 recruit they have coming in. That said......I think Busiello committed to PSU in 9th grade. Of course....Gavin Hoffman had planned for years to go to Penn State and that didn't happen. We shall see.

Reactions: diggerpup
Heinselman and Jacob Decatur are not remotely big for 125. It will take Jacob at least a year to get even close to 125. Jordan Decatur is the only top 133/141 recruit they have coming in. That said......I think Busiello committed to PSU in 9th grade. Of course....Gavin Hoffman had planned for years to go to Penn State and that didn't happen. We shall see.
Don't they have true freshman Quinn Kinner from NJ, who I believe was #1 ranked at 138 and projects to 141 in college, at least early in his career?

Don't they have true freshman Quinn Kinner from NJ, who I believe was #1 ranked at 138 and projects to 141 in college, at least early in his career?

They do indeed have him......thought he was projected to be at a higher weight. He may make 141 for a year after McKenna......but that would be Busiello's Redshirt year. Still......I can't imagine Busiello going anywhere but PSU unless PSU said......sorry....no room at the Inn. Hope that doesn't happen.

How true, re. recruiting;
-- Verbals are not binding
-- Wrestling Recruits do change their minds, maybe not as much as football, etc., but it does happen
-- Even the coaches aren't 100% sure every time, until NLI signing, though most times confidence is high
-- "Insiders" that spout sure things re. recruiting, don't stay insiders very long
-- The coaches are allowed the following only, by NCAA Rule..."a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete"
-- Early signing period starts Wednesday, November 14th, about one month away

How true, re. recruiting;
-- Verbals are not binding
-- Wrestling Recruits do change their minds, maybe not as much as football, etc., but it does happen
-- Even the coaches aren't 100% sure every time, until NLI signing, though most times confidence is high
-- "Insiders" that spout sure things re. recruiting, don't stay insiders very long
-- The coaches are allowed the following only, by NCAA Rule..."a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete"
-- Early signing period starts Wednesday, November 14th, about one month away
Plus, these days signing an NLI, enrolling, and spending a year there is no guarantee. Sorry. Iceland, anyone?

Reactions: jtothemfp
I would think Super 32 will be a good indication. He's worn that PSU singlet in the finals the last few years.

What is his projected weight? Is there any way he goes 125? Or is he a 33/41?

Plus, these days signing an NLI, enrolling, and spending a year there is no guarantee. Sorry. Iceland, anyone?

Yes! I'm looking forward to Mess Board narratives catching up to the new reality of unencumbered athlete transfers.

Also, you bring up a good point: how diluted now is the former power of the National Letter of Intent, these days?

Say a kid signs an NLI, say circa Nov during early signing period, then changes his mind. His options:
1. Hope, ask for, a release of the NLI by the orig coach
2. Enroll, take min classes, stay academically eligible w/min grades, use NCAA redshirt, never compete, then transfer
3. Greyshirt, never attend, hit up CO OTC or anything else, hope to increase pressure on #1

More succinctly, given the modern climate that favors the student/athlete/kid's flexibility, why bother even signing them?

What is his projected weight? Is there any way he goes 125? Or is he a 33/41?

projecting the future growth of a high school kid is a rather inexact science, at best.

I believe Busiello is registered to wrestle 126 at Super 32.

Reactions: lionlover
Yes! I'm looking forward to Mess Board narratives catching up to the new reality of unencumbered athlete transfers.

Also, you bring up a good point: how diluted now is the former power of the National Letter of Intent, these days?

Say a kid signs an NLI, say circa Nov during early signing period, then changes his mind. His options:
1. Hope, ask for, a release of the NLI by the orig coach
2. Enroll, take min classes, stay academically eligible w/min grades, use NCAA redshirt, never compete, then transfer
3. Greyshirt, never attend, hit up CO OTC or anything else, hope to increase pressure on #1

More succinctly, given the modern climate that favors the student/athlete/kid's flexibility, why bother even signing them?
Good questions, I had the same ones, so looked it up again. Haven't heard about any relaxing of these rules, ala transfers and 6th years...so it appears it's still pretty rigid. After reading, I don't believe 1. is an option. 2. might be, but a full class load is required for 1 year. 3. appears not to be an option. Below is some of the NLI language, plus a link to Frequently Asked Questions.

The NLI is not required, but it is an agreement that commits a student-athlete for one year in return for a year of financial aid...as follows;

The NLI is a binding agreement between a prospective student-athlete and an NLI member institution.
-- A prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the institution full-time for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters).
-- The institution agrees to provide athletics financial aid for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters).
The penalty for not fulfilling the NLI agreement: A student-athlete has to serve one year in residence (full-time, two semesters or three quarters) at the next NLI member institution and lose one season of competition in all sports.

(FAQ) Is an NLI binding if I don't show up for preseason practice or fall enrollment?
Yes. If you do not show up for preseason practice or fall enrollment, the NLI remains binding.

(FAQ) Is an NLI binding if I don't complete the admission or initial eligibility process?
Yes. If you do not complete the admission or initial eligibility process through the NCAA Eligibility Center, the NLI remains binding. The NLI will be declared null and void if you have a written denial of admission or are declared a nonqualifier by the NCAA Eligibility Center.

http://www.nationalletter.org/frequentlyAskedQuestions/bindingAgreement.html

The idea of transferring after a redshirt year while on scholarship bothers me a bunch!

When I was involved in the sport, we would not release a kid directly after a redshirt first year in school (if the kid was on $$)

One of today's (10/15/18) Flo Headlines...

Adam Busiello Sticking To Early PSU Commitment

Article is behind the paywall, though the headline is pretty clear. Just saying, there's more than one opinion out there...
Boom!!!!! (To quote JJag and countless 11Warriors bros)

That said - didn’t see the headline

Reactions: lionlover
One of today's (10/15/18) Flo Headlines...

Adam Busiello Sticking To Early PSU Commitment

Article is behind the paywall, though the headline is pretty clear. Just saying, there's more than one opinion out there...

I read the article. The only question I have is when did Busiello make the quotes that he had a great visit and gets along very well with the PSU guys. FLO has reposted older stories a lot lately. It reposted a PSU lineup article today that actually was first done in August. The Busiello story has today's date on the headline but never mentions when the quotes were actually originally posted by Adam.

From the article:

At 9:44 on June 27th he posted a tweet stating “Verbally committed to The Penn State University!” While it garnered plenty of congratulations, there were certain some skeptics thinking that there’s no way he sticks with this commitment. Well, it seems that those that doubted it were wrong because the now four-time New York state champ is sticking to his guns.

"Since making my commitment I’ve gotten to know those guys really well,” Busiello said. "My visit went really well too and everything was great. I just feel like I fit in really well with those guys."

Reactions: Maddog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT