ADVERTISEMENT

Brennan Marion will interview for OC!

If you have heard, a leak, that someone has interviewed....then they aren't getting the job. Check JF past on hires and what was leaked.

Makes me sad too because Marrion was my top choice.

Pretty sure he changes jobs yearly. Not upset if it happens but was hoping for better.
not really a fair thought. While he has moved the last few moves have been explainable. Plus not many young 30 year olds spend a lot of time in one place as the jump the ladder.

was at Pitt for Addison....wanted more Pitt said no.
Went to UT because they said yes to more.
went to UNLV as OC so that is a step up.

It's known JF wants 2 years from a DC or OC. If this guy is smart he would jump on that, commit to JF for 2 years. Get Allar for 1 and Pribula for 1 and turn it in to a P5 HC Job all by the time he is 40.

not really a fair thought. While he has moved the last few moves have been explainable. Plus not many young 30 year olds spend a lot of time in one place as the jump the ladder.

was at Pitt for Addison....wanted more Pitt said no.
Went to UT because they said yes to more.
went to UNLV as OC so that is a step up.

It's known JF wants 2 years from a DC or OC. If this guy is smart he would jump on that, commit to JF for 2 years. Get Allar for 1 and Pribula for 1 and turn it in to a P5 HC Job all by the time he is 40.
Yeah, that's a fair way of looking at it. I prefer guys that stick around for a couple years. I feel like not moving up on the current staff is a slight reason for concern but his willingness to move shows ambition so I wouldn't be upset. Just not the match I was looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: aworsnup
If you have heard, a leak, that someone has interviewed....then they aren't getting the job. Check JF past on hires and what was leaked.

Makes me sad too because Marrion was my top choice.
Actually I had it wrong, the word is he WILL interview. I'll fix the title.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Let's be honest...
Some will criticize any hire
Some will praise any hire
The majority of this board would have needed to look up Brennan Marion to see who is he. Then they would have need to check out UNLV to see if they were any good. If anything they saw UNLV get crushed by Michigan and couldn't make a fair assessment.

The reality--Marion has limited experience but has been successful. UNLV runs a balanced offense and was very productive against MWC teams. Would that translate? How would he recruit? There's a lot of questions. I wouldn't be angry about hiring him but anyone stating this would be a slam dunk hire is dead wrong.

Let's be honest...
The majority of this board would have needed to look up Brennan Marion to see who is he. Then they would have need to check out UNLV to see if they were any good. If anything they saw UNLV get crushed by Michigan and couldn't make a fair assessment.

The reality--Marion has limited experience but has been successful. UNLV runs a balanced offense and was very productive against MWC teams. Would that translate? How would he recruit? There's a lot of questions. I wouldn't be angry about hiring him but anyone stating this would be a slam dunk hire is dead wrong.
Considering JF keeps hiring shit OCs we have the right to criticize.

Reactions: beachouse
Marion is considered the best rising star in football right now and I for one agree and it's absolutely a home run hire

Reactions: Delco Lion
Just get ahead of the curve now and say any coach Franklin hires is the wrong choice. Beat the Christmas rush.
I want him to hire someone that helps get us over the hump, not a lower tier coordinator running a gimmick laden offense that is 90% smoke and mirrors. This guy would be our Rich Rodriguez in all likelihood. He totally fits with Franklin's MO. Whatever shiny object is thrown in front of me is the best so long as there are explosive plays.

I want him to hire someone that helps get us over the hump, not a lower tier coordinator running a gimmick laden offense that is 90% smoke and mirrors. This guy would be our Rich Rodriguez in all likelihood. He totally fits with Franklin's MO. Whatever shiny object is thrown in front of me is the best so long as there are explosive plays.
It doesn’t matter who he hires, you will criticize the decision. You obviously hate Franklin more than you like PSU, so you want him to fail. And don’t say you don’t because your history of posting proves it.

Is that why over a dozen teams want him? Including 5 top 25 teams?

gogo-form.jpg

Is that why over a dozen teams want him? Including 5 top 25 teams?
Because a dozen schools are led by idiots. That is why. Rich Rodriquez. Remember that name. John L Smith. Remember that name. There are many others who have attempted to take gimmick laden 1AA and lower tier conference offenses to the Big Ten and other major leagues and fell flat on their faces. Odds are he is one of them and we return to John Donovan level incompetence in year one.

Last edited:
Again, MY was the top hire. KC was a good hire. What happened after seems to be an issue of joining a crowded room of OC’s that are not good under the HC’s leadership.
KC was not a good hire. He was more of a mirage because Minny beat us in ‘19 and had a great year but that performance was not replicated at any other point in his career. Rutgers offense reminds me of what he tried to do here. Ask their fans what they think of him.

KC was not a good hire. He was more of a mirage because Minny beat us in ‘19 and had a great year but that performance was not replicated at any other point in his career. Rutgers offense reminds me of what he tried to do here. Ask their fans what they think of him.
Actually it happens earlier in his career at Western Michigan. But, to my point about Franklin and shiny objects.

Let's be honest...

Getting the OC from UNLV is definitely not a slam dunk. Talk about meh.

Ironic since you complain when there isn't explosive plays.

How about you give us a list of who they should hire.

Last edited:
from
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/09/gogo-offense-brennan-marion-hawaii-innovation-scheme-analysis

You should know Brennan Marion and his unique GoGo offense. The smartest coaches in football already do.

Thanks for posting this. I know nothing of Brennan Marion, but upon reading the article I initially liked what I was reading until I hit this part:

"Its architect — who is, unlike so many coaches dubbed offensive innovators, a young black man — remains fairly unknown: Brennan is in his first year as the wide receiver coach at Hawaii, which won’t play football this season due to the coronavirus pandemic. But there’s growing belief that offense he full unveiled three years ago is the next significant iteration in ever-more complex offensive schemes meant to take advantage of versatile QBs."

And this:

"While Marion’s offense looks modern above the surface, those two backs give it old-school roots. With two backs in the backfield and a mobile quarterback, Marion says, “you can run every run play that’s ever been created in football.” Throw in some unbalanced formations and a dash of tempo, and the defense has a lot on its plate."

Sounds fit for Pribula, but what about Allar?

Thanks for posting this. I know nothing of Brennan Marion, but upon reading the article I initially liked what I was reading until I hit this part:

"Its architect — who is, unlike so many coaches dubbed offensive innovators, a young black man — remains fairly unknown: Brennan is in his first year as the wide receiver coach at Hawaii, which won’t play football this season due to the coronavirus pandemic. But there’s growing belief that offense he full unveiled three years ago is the next significant iteration in ever-more complex offensive schemes meant to take advantage of versatile QBs."

And this:

"While Marion’s offense looks modern above the surface, those two backs give it old-school roots. With two backs in the backfield and a mobile quarterback, Marion says, “you can run every run play that’s ever been created in football.” Throw in some unbalanced formations and a dash of tempo, and the defense has a lot on its plate."

Sounds fit for Pribula, but what about Allar?
Which QB can actually throw the ball and is mobile?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT