ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl

Do the bowls see a share of the ad revenue? If so, bowls will be salivating over Penn State v ND. Would probably be one of the highest rated bowl games this season.

The Cotton Bowl is probably a bit desperate after last year's clunker. Fiesta Bowl hasn't done well lately either, except last year's playoff game

The Cotton Bowl is probably a bit desperate after last year's clunker. Fiesta Bowl hasn't done well lately either, except last year's playoff game

Weren't Cotton Bowl tickets going for under $40 on the resale market last year?

I think really only the Sugar and Rose Bowls consistently sell out and tickets do not decline in price on the resell market. We live in Pasadena and buy tickets every year in the Pasadena residence sale (and occasionally from our district rep). We have sold them for above their value every year--even when we had Wiscy vs Stanford and it was Wiscy third year in a row. Last year was the first year we didn't make any money on them as they all went to friends/family. I gotta think the Sugar Bowl is the same with the SEC presence.

Cotton Bowl also had Western Michigan. No bowl really wants the G5 participant, unless it'd be somewhat local, like if UCF made the Orange (which they can't).

Better yet, hold your nose and root for Michigan to beat O$U on Saturday.
Ain't gonna happen. OSU will hammer the Hairballs on Saturday just like they hammered Michigan State. Look for OSU to win out.

Ain't gonna happen. OSU will hammer the Hairballs on Saturday just like they hammered Michigan State. Look for OSU to win out.
The game is in Michigan which helps but probably not enough. I give Michigan a 20% chance.

I think Wisconsin has a 50-50 chance to beat OSU on a neutral field.

Michigan has a chance if Peters is healthy. If they have to trot out O'Korn, they have no chance.

I generally bowl every Thurs over the winter and started again two weeks ago.

Unfortunately there are days when the golf scores and the bowling scores are converging on each other.

Reactions: john4psu
Everyone here assumes we beat Maryland. With how the defense has looked lately, we might have to score 60 to keep up with Maryland’s 9th string QB, who will throw for 400 yards and repeatedly get Campbell and Haley with pass interference calls. If Pry doesn’t double DJ Moore all game he should be fired.

Reactions: djm_psu_alum
Do the bowls see a share of the ad revenue? If so, bowls will be salivating over Penn State v ND. Would probably be one of the highest rated bowl games this season.

No doubt but hard to believe any Bowl would not want either ND or PSU if they have the chance to pick either.

I don't think it's that cut-and-dry.

They'll most likely take the highest ranked team among Big Ten, SEC, and ND, but I think they have some latitude in, say, taking the highest-ranked SEC team instead of a higher-ranked Big Ten team (they have to take a team from those conferences at least two times each in their 6 remaining non-playoff matchups over the next nine years). I think they'll take Georgia if they lose the SEC Championship. They certainly wouldn't do a Miami-ND rematch in the Orange Bowl this season.

The rest of the non-playoff NY6 bowls can take whomever they want among the top ranked remaining teams. Penn State could end up in just about any of them, though Penn State's a near certainty to make a NY6 bowl now.
And after ND loses to Stanford this weekend, they'll be a lock to play us! One thing is certain.... we WILL BEAT any team we are paired against in the bowl game, mark my words!

If Ohio State has 3 losses, they could very well get in the NY6.

Look through the standings and remaining games, and you start to run out of 2 or fewer-loss Power 5 teams, with the other teams that will lose this weekend and in the conference championships. None of the Group of 5 teams have any path to to get ranked as high as 12 (except maybe UCF), so there will only be one Group of 5 team in the NY6.

There will very likely be multiple 3-loss teams to pick from for the last NY6 slot, and Ohio State would have as good a resume as any of them (already assuming Auburn gets in to the NY6 as the highest-ranked 3-loss team, probably ranked ahead of some 2-loss Power 5 teams as well). I think Ohio State would even stay ahead of Washington if Washington wins this weekend and stays at 10-2 (Washington is already eliminated from the Pac 12 Championship), but that would be close.
I doubt this to be the case. I don’t believe a three-loss Auburn team gets picked over a two-loss Penn State team.

I doubt this to be the case. I don’t believe a three-loss Auburn team gets picked over a two-loss Penn State team.

I think 3-loss Auburn (losing to Alabama) would be ranked ahead of 2-loss Penn State, but both would clear the bar for making the NY6. Auburn's going to get a lot of credit for beating Georgia the way they did and playing @ Clemson so close. Penn State and Auburn would be ranked right next to each other, though (something like 8-9 or 9-10), so it wouldn't be surprising to see Penn State ahead instead.

I am selfish. I want them in a bowl game here in FL so we can go.

The best chance of that is Penn State falling out of the NY6 to the Citrus or Outback Bowl. The way the rankings will shake out, the Orange Bowl will be very unlikely to take Penn State (they'll take a higher ranked SEC or ND team instead, or maybe Wisconsin if they lose the Big Ten Championship/Ohio State if they win).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT