ADVERTISEMENT

Bostick transferring

Hurts the bench for sure, but not a massive loss. It’s a shame that he didn’t pan out like we hoped he would.

Reactions: bison13
If we can get the transfer from Albany then I would take that trade in a heartbeat. But also losing both Carr and Garner makes this not ideal. Better hope the incoming freshman are better than Wheeler and Bostick were this year.

Reactions: BarkleyPSU1
Bostick is athletic and he plays with great energy. Unfortunately he isn't a good shooter and he doesn't play with a lot of discipline. Hope things work out for him and that PSU can find a grad transfer PG.

I am trying to think of a play he made at PSU where I thought he was athletic.... Having a tough time.

Not a big loss at all. Bostick never would’ve gotten a scholarship to Penn State had he not played with Carr and Stevens in HS. PSU offered him to better their chances with the other 2. Bostick sees the writing on the wall and simply wants to play more.

No tourney next year. At all.

Oh please. It's not as though this kid was the next Michael Jordan. Most other teams in the top 30 are losing more talent than Penn State has lost this year. It's up to Chambers to replace that lost talent. Let's give him a chance before we write off the 2018-19 season.

Oh please. It's not as though this kid was the next Michael Jordan. Most other teams in the top 30 are losing more talent than Penn State has lost this year. It's up to Chambers to replace that lost talent. Let's give him a chance before we write off the 2018-19 season.
He’s losing arguably the best player in the history of the school and the most prolific three point shooter in the history of the school....hows he going to replace that?

Yeah. Hard to tell who is the better contrarian indicator, scueng77 or Felli?
I’ll go with this guy...
opposite.gif

He’s losing arguably the best player in the history of the school and the most prolific three point shooter in the history of the school....hows he going to replace that?
No doubt that PSU is in desparate need of a PG and a perimeter shooter but best in history and most prolific is a bit extreme.

No doubt that PSU is in desparate need of a PG and a perimeter shooter but best in history and most prolific is a bit extreme.

Ya think? AWS1022 is pretty much over the top with regard to any discussions concerning PSU basketball.

I'm the last person who wants to run good kids off of the basketball team, but this is actually good news. Bostic does not have that high of a ceiling, and with his minutes we have a much better chance of attracting a grad transfer this coming season and a 2019 recruit for the future.

Reactions: Ski
I'm the last person who wants to run good kids off of the basketball team, but this is actually good news. Bostic does not have that high of a ceiling, and with his minutes we have a much better chance of attracting a grad transfer this coming season and a 2019 recruit for the future.

Great optimism. But Bostic was a decent athlete for a BB player and could have worked on his shot to become more of a 3 point threat. There are defections pretty much every year and we seem to have this discussion every year, that Chambers does not seem to be "in" with many high profile recruits at this time of year when spots officially become open. My contention is that good coaches keep "in" with good players as they know that scholarships do open pretty much every year.

I have a hard time getting excited about a grad transfer from Albany, but who knows...... Chambers surprised me with his find of Harrar. Or, really Harrar surprised me. Chambers needs to find 2 additional nice players that can contribute in 2018 for the team to continue to progress upwards toward the NCAA.....

As always it seems like one step forward and one step backward with our program and we end up going nowhere. I hope we land a couple grad transfers but if not we got a weak bench again and we'll be relying on "young" talent. Frustrating because it seems like the program was finally seeing the light of day.

Tough to say that I'm 100% sure Dread and Bolton are better than him, but in all likely hood I would say that at least Dread would have surpassed him by Christmas. The russian kid is a 6'7 PG who probably projects out to the 3 here, so if those 3 are even close to what PC and recruiting services say, Bostick was going to get the same amount of time next year and no one can blame him to want to go somewhere else.

Will miss the athleticism on the defensive end but really nothing much offensively, plus he proved to be unreliable. Harrar made huge strides late in the year, hopefully these freshmen get in over the summer and can do the same. I think this really helps open up for the 2019 class, and PC needs to cash in.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Not even arguable....how many other players have we had that were a potential first round pick as a sophomore? Also, who holds the record for the most threes in school history? Oh yeah, Garner, you know, the guy we’re losing this year....hence most prolific.

Ya think? AWS1022 is pretty much over the top with regard to any discussions concerning PSU basketball.
Both things I stated were true, so I’m not sure how that’s over the top. Carr is arguably the best player we’ve ever had since we don’t get many potential first round picks as a sophomore. And Garner holds the record for the most threes in school history....so please explain how that’s over the top.

Not even arguable....how many other players have we had that were a potential first round pick as a sophomore? Also, who holds the record for the most threes in school history? Oh yeah, Garner, you know, the guy we’re losing this year....hence most prolific.
By that logic Evan Royster is the most prolific running back in PSU history.

During the season I kept hearing that PSU had 3 future NBA players in their lineup yet we didn't make the NCAA tournament. Those guys are certainly big losses. I'm just saying there's a little more to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT