ADVERTISEMENT

BOB to Ohio State as new OC

I like BO’B but he’s a better HC than OC. None of his offenses were particularly creative and kind of rode the Brady wagon to success. He had a bunch of ‘fighters’ at PSU that surprised a lot of teams. I am unimpressed with OSUs choice here

FWIW Bama fans didn't like him very much when he was their OC.

True, but Bama fans also hated Lane Kiffin as their OC in the mid-2010s.

Bama averaged over 40 ppg in BOB's two years as OC, with Bryce Young winning a Heisman. They're probably national champs if Jameson Williams and John Metchie don't both blow ACLs.

True, but Bama fans also hated Lane Kiffin as their OC in the mid-2010s.

Bama averaged over 40 ppg in BOB's two years as OC, with Bryce Young winning a Heisman. They're probably national champs if Jameson Williams and John Metchie don't both blow ACLs.
Sounds like it was the players, not the OC.

Bama with bob did not win the national championship, right? Bama won a NC with locksley as oc.

Maybe OSU should have signed John metchie, Jameson Williams and Bryce young.

Last edited:
Unless Will Howard is Justin Fields or CJ Stroud OSU offense will be really strong but not fantastic. This is an interesting hire. When Day had Fields and Stroud and Michigan didn't they dominated. The last couple seasons Michigan had McCarthy and Day was stuck with McCord different results. BOB is more pro-style than RPO. OSU has been built more for RPO so we'll see. Unfortunately with or without BOB I still see them being better than PSU

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Unless Will Howard is Justin Fields or CJ Stroud OSU offense will be really strong but not fantastic. This is an interesting hire. When Day had Fields and Stroud and Michigan didn't they dominated. The last couple seasons Michigan had McCarthy and Day was stuck with McCord different results. BOB is more pro-style than RPO. OSU has been built more for RPO so we'll see. Unfortunately with or without BOB I still see them being better than PSU
After the first loss bob will be crying about the Urbanbots.

I'm not sure Obrien is a step up from Day, who is a brilliant play caller. Make no mistake, with their transfer acquisitions and this hire, OSU is ALL in.
Love the guy PSU got but Bob will be tough

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Agree. He'll be somewhere else in another year or two based on his track record. You now can place him in the reccycle bin. Based on my count, including the 2013 PSU season, he now has coached at five places since 2013.

Reactions: shifix
Sanctions hit after he was hired and he tried to jump ship.
That isn’t true. The sanctions played out over several years. ALL the kids could have left. He, and the captains, did a great job of minimizing losses. He also kept recruiting alive, landing a coveted five star QB. That kept PSU on the map.

The impact of less ‘ships and an uphill battle to bring kids in was overcome by CJF

He came here to parlay the Penn State job into an NFL gig and it worked. He wasn’t the only candidate.
I appreciate what he did for PSU at the worst possible time imaginable. However, he never was going to stay here for an extended period even under the best of circumstances.

Reactions: shifix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT