ADVERTISEMENT

Blue White Weekend just isn't the same for me

Guys, this wasn't a thread to put it down. It is still a great weekend, I am 100% Penn State, but the two BW Games I attended since 2011 has had a different feeling to me. In fact the season has too, I just don't know who I can trust with them anymore.

since the cowardly act by out BOT.

Joe was a huge part of the whole weekend for me. It's nothing against BOB or CJF, but I don't know if I will ever get pumped for the Blue-White game again.
I agree with the who gives a shit comment. Honestly Joe was boring, he did nothing for the Blue White game of note. You JoeBots should realize he stayed WAY WAY too long and tremendously hurt the great program he once built.

Soooo... Joe was retiring after that last season anyway. He was gone, and based on his health, probably wouldn't have lived much longer with or without the scandal.

Let's assume Sandusky never happened. Then I have to assume you'd feel pretty much the same way as you do now, because Joe's not there. You were a Joe fan, not necessarily a Penn State fan. And that's OK.

Now, far be it from me to defend the BOT, because personally I think they made just about every mistake in the book, let alone possible/probable shenanigans themselves. But in your case, don't blame the BOT. They may be guilty of a lot of things, but they're not the reason Joe isn't here right now.

You can't be serious. Have you been watching the social media this week???

If Joe would have been allowed to retire with dignity, and the Sandusky situation never happened, we wouldn't still have to read about how our head coach raped little boys. Heck. I even had to correct my uninformed sister in law that it was a retired x-coach from over a decade ago that was accused, not Joe. Pi$$ed my wife and I both off.

If you think things are the same as they were pre November 2011, you're living in a dream world. "If the Sandusky thing never happened", we wouldn't have to continuously try to defend ourselves all the time. I still root for Penn State and wear my Penn State gear all the time, but it's with more a "Fu(k You" attitude than an "I'm Proud" attitude.

I'll be driving down to the game, and probably have an outstanding time as always, but as the OP said, there's that empty feeling somewhere in your gut you just can't get rid of.

Only Nate understands the emotions that he has expressed. We are individuals and entitled to those feelings. As an older poster, I can tell you that my first PSU game was 1966. I went to the Outback Bowl in 2010-11. I am a big fan of JF. My niece went to High School with him and they remain good friends. But, while I will always be a Penn State Football fan, it does not have the "juice" for me as before. The new traditions will be for the younger generations, as it should be. Change is harder to accept as you get older. If you can understand that and combine that with the bullshit they pulled on Joe it makes sense. It doesn't make us anti PSU Football, just on a different level at this point in our lives.
No one likes change. However, we have no control over the situation. I get frustrated at times, but I still follow the program with the same passion-365 days a year. The players continue to work hard and need our support and I believe by next year we will be where we should be.

No one likes change. However, we have no control over the situation. I get frustrated at times, but I still follow the program with the same passion-365 days a year. The players continue to work hard and need our support and I believe by next year we will be where we should be.

I understand and respect this. I believe my quote stated my support for the program and James Franklin. I believe he is the perfect HC at PSU. In addition to that, I believe PSU is his destination job. He is a good person as well and has worked very hard for everything he has ever gotten in this world. My adult sons, who were raised on PSU Football are as passionate as ever. I still reserve the right to say that, for me, my weekends include watching and rooting for PSU, it's just not the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT