ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Napier

BS like what? Promising someone a job?? Happens all the time
Or Strollo being a good coach? He is

At no point during Franklin's Penn State tenure has he ever promised a coaching position to a GA. There's absolutely nothing to indicate that he would do such a thing. If you had half a brain, you'd look at who he's hired as "consultants" instead. It just doesn't make sense.

Strollo seems to be a good coach. But the BS about him coaching 4/5 positions on the line is patently absurd, just like the utter garbage you've been posting about your coaching strategies. None of it is remotely based in reality.....or at least normal human reality.

Strollo, do you know him?

He seems to be retired but not by choice.
I don't know him but it's easy to get to just search his name on YouTube. I am pretty sure he coached in a JC in NC this season he may be of the age where he just wants to have fun.
That said here's some cut ups of him. Notice he knows how to run the inside zone to both a 3 and 1 technique. Remember Callahan having a big article about D setting their DT to stop SB? Well when you can run it either way that doesn't matter. I think he brings a more modern why of blocking to the game. There are some people that resist change, but OL play has changed and he's changed with it

I post some others later

At no point during Franklin's Penn State tenure has he ever promised a coaching position to a GA. There's absolutely nothing to indicate that he would do such a thing. If you had half a brain, you'd look at who he's hired as "consultants" instead. It just doesn't make sense.

Strollo seems to be a good coach. But the BS about him coaching 4/5 positions on the line is patently absurd, just like the utter garbage you've been posting about your coaching strategies. None of it is remotely based in reality.....or at least normal human reality.
He's the same guy that simply made up a story about Franklin promising a JUCO coach his players would start so he could keep recruiting there. He flat out makes things up and then gets upset when you say he cannot prove it. Oh well, it is what it is with some people. They think they are really on to something and run with it....almost fantasy like in a way.

He's the same guy that simply made up a story about Franklin promising a JUCO coach his players would start so he could keep recruiting there. He flat out makes things up and then gets upset when you say he cannot prove it. Oh well, it is what it is with some people. They think they are really on to something and run with it....almost fantasy like in a way.

So, he is another Clay Travis?

I don't know him but it's easy to get to just search his name on YouTube. I am pretty sure he coached in a JC in NC this season he may be of the age where he just wants to have fun.
That said here's some cut ups of him. Notice he knows how to run the inside zone to both a 3 and 1 technique. Remember Callahan having a big article about D setting their DT to stop SB? Well when you can run it either way that doesn't matter. I think he brings a more modern why of blocking to the game. There are some people that resist change, but OL play has changed and he's changed with it

I post some others later

I played for John Strollo many years ago. He is a good guy and hope he finds a position he is happy with.

or another way to explain it is I offered a theory, one based on why a known hater of PSU (Mark Duda) would have one of his kids come to PSU, after the kid was committed to South Carolina. If you dont think deals like that exist at the JUCO level you are more naive than I thought.

or another way to explain it is I offered a theory, one based on why a known hater of PSU (Mark Duda) would have one of his kids come to PSU, after the kid was committed to South Carolina. If you dont think deals like that exist at the JUCO level you are more naive than I thought.

The Weekly World News offers theories too, jackass.

caxh5G

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
The Weekly World News offers theories too, jackass.

caxh5G
The funny thing about his theory is he fails to mention PSU had maybe 1-2 OT's on the roster at the time and were desperate. Not to mention the HC at PSU is an elite recruiter, but let's say he has no integrity because it can't be proven....but say Joe did this with the 2 JUCO OL he brought in and he would be balling at such a thing. I guess Joe had no integrity either is what he means? Odd, I don't feel that way about Joe and I doubt he made any promises, but apparently that is the only possible way to land JUCO's.

I dont know what your problem is with me, but if you read my quote I said, 'one of the GA's or other guys', meaning consultants, off field positions etc. That said, no one knows what CJF has said to anybody. The NCAA hasnt expanded full time coaching staffs since 1982 when they went from 8-9 . So of course CJF hasnt promised a GA before, it is a new situation. Now there will be approximately 120 new openings across the country that need to be filled in approximately 30 days. So yes I think that could have happened, that CJF has promised the 10th job to a GA or someone else in an off field roll, it happened before. Joe promised TB he would promote him to full time coach after GAing a year. Don Nehlen at WVU promised the same thing to Doc Holiday. Doc Holiday promised some guy at MU the same thing this year. It is the way the world works. You are naive to think you 'apply' for these jobs.

What utter garbage about my coaching strategies are you referring? Put the QB under center? I've said that wont happened under JoeMo, several times. Bring in a full back? Please I am an 11 personnel guy (that is 1 TE 1RB for the uneducated). Dont fire out on the OL, guilty as charged, all that happens is you miss the guy 2/3 times. I think I've linked the video showing 70 missing his block on the backside enough. I feel for the kid, its not his fault. He doesnt need to be 'nasty', he needs to be coached better. IIRC I posted a video of the same thing happening to a Minny OL just 3 years ago. Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a connection. Two double teams on inside zone?, guilty as charged, watch the tape I linked for Strollo above. John Strollo coaching 4/5 positions? Now you are making things up, I said C and OG's which is 3, let ML take the OT's (and maybe TE's in the run game)

So I dont know what you beef is with me? I usually link a clip to show exactly what I mean. I will link another. It is set to the watch the NFL league leading rushing team, and watch how poorly they block. (Philly Eagles, Lane Johnson's rookie year, Jeff Stoudland(sp?) was the OL coach) . What you really need to do is watch the whole tape (BTW Strollo and his players are featured through out it) and after you watch it, then we can talk.

But until then keep thinking the object of the game is about scoring 66 points vs MD or 56 against another bottom feeder, and not just getting a first down in crunch time.

You play to win the game.

Last edited:
The funny thing about his theory is he fails to mention PSU had maybe 1-2 OT's on the roster at the time and were desperate. Not to mention the HC at PSU is an elite recruiter, but let's say he has no integrity because it can't be proven....but say Joe did this with the 2 JUCO OL he brought in and he would be balling at such a thing. I guess Joe had no integrity either is what he means? Odd, I don't feel that way about Joe and I doubt he made any promises, but apparently that is the only possible way to land JUCO's.

I see what you're saying and not disagreeing. I truly have no idea where sluggowood is coming up with the garbage he's posted this week. It's totally out of left field and makes zero sense--from offensive "analysis" to this thread.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I dont know what your problem is with me, but if you read my quote I said, 'one of the GA's or other guys', meaning consultants, off field positions etc. That said, no one knows what CJF has said to anybody. The NCAA hasnt expanded full time coaching staffs since 1982 when they went from 8-9 . So of course CJF hasnt promised a GA before, it is a new situation. Now there will be approximately 120 new openings across the country that need to be filled in approximately 30 days. So yes I think that could have happened, that CJF has promised the 10th job to a GA or someone else in an off field roll, it happened before. Joe promised TB he would promote him to full time coach after GAing a year. Don Nehlen at WVU promised the same thing to Doc Holiday. Doc Holiday promised some guy at MU the same thing this year. It is the way the world works. You are naive to think you 'apply' for these jobs.
What utter garbage about my coaching strategies are you referring? Put the QB under center? I've said that wont happened under JoeMo, several times. Bring in a full back? Please I am an 11 personnel guy (that is 1 TE 1RB for the uneducated). Dont fire out on the OL, guilty as charged, all that happens is you miss the guy 2/3 times. I think I've linked the video showing 70 missing his block on the backside enough. I feel for the kid, its not his fault. He doesnt need to be 'nasty', he needs to be coached better. IIRC I posted a video of the same thing happening to a Minny OL just 3 years ago. Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a connection. Two double teams on inside zone?, guilty as charged, watch the tape I linked for Strollo above. John Strollo coaching 4/5 positions? Now you are making things up, I said C and OG's which is 3, let ML take the OT's (and maybe TE's in the run game)
So I dont know what you beef is with me? I usually link a clip to show exactly what I mean. I will link another. It is set to the watch the NFL league leading rushing team, and watch how poorly they block. (Philly Eagles, Lane Johnson's rookie year, Jeff Stoudland(sp?) was the OL coach) . What you really need to do is watch the whole tape (BTW Strollo and his players are featured through out it) and after you watch it, then we can talk.
But until then keep thinking the object of the game is about scoring 66 points vs MD or 56 against another bottom feeder, and not just getting a first down in crunch time.
You play to win the game.

Paragraphs and grammar are your friends.

Time to start keeping an eye on Flight Tracker.
That was yesterday, but we'll know more if he is there with Herm. PSU takes at least 10 days to take a job IIRC so you won't know until after next week. We do know that Franklin has a list always ready and loves guys who can recruit, but ASU was said to be keeping their OC and DC?

Reactions: Cincinnati Kid
Probably already discussed but what does everyone think about Yurcich? I know almost nothing about him other than he coached at Shipp and the Okie St offense is averaging more than 500 yds a game (yea they do have Mason Rudolph).

What qualifications do you have to analyze tape or even know what you're looking at?
so you didnt watch it? Qualifications?? All you need is eyes and ears, it jumps off the page at you!
so you didnt watch game film when you played in HS?
so you didnt watch game film when you played in college?
it really isnt that hard.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT