ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Farrell: Freestyle season starts again

Flo's preview mentioned he was registered, but would likely not go, but didn't elaborate.

Also, is Jane's the NLWC's first female wrestler?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Flo's preview mentioned he was registered, but would likely not go, but didn't elaborate.

Also, is Jane's the NLWC's first female wrestler?
I tried to mention this, maybe was another thread. She had past results for Mexico, but looks like she’s fully NLWC and pursuing USA? Then there was another Canadian Greco guy at 67kg. Lots of cool info we didn’t have previously.

I tried to mention this, maybe was another thread. She had past results for Mexico, but looks like she’s fully NLWC and pursuing USA? Then there was another Canadian Greco guy at 67kg. Lots of cool info we didn’t have previously.
The CaelGB has cracks in their secrecy wall

Reactions: diggerpup
Another question. Who is Mason's Greco partner in the room? Does the NLWC even have other Greco wrestlers?

Is he at the OTC at the moment?

Was Manville at fault in all of those? it seems like it was soft. Granted, Mason could have altered his gameplan. He effectively gifted the dude a win. Blue basically did nothing except for one step out.

Im guessing Manville still needs to qualify for OTT??
Manville, by virtue of being a 2017 World Team member, has already earned his way to the Olympic Team Trials.

Think Cael said he’s been mostly at OTC at media day.
True, though recently he has spent more time at the NLWC.

FYI ... Next chance for the USA to qualify a weight class for the Olympics is March 13-15, 2020 in Ottawa (CAN) at the Pan-American Continental Qualification Tournament.

Last edited:
Was Manville at fault in all of those? it seems like it was soft. Granted, Mason could have altered his gameplan. He effectively gifted the dude a win. Blue basically did nothing except for one step out.
Before Finals start:
I watched entire match. Manville does lead with his head. It's an awkward stance. However, He doesn't bring it in front or anything. His neck rarely moves. He brings it with his body and pummel. I'm guessing it's ref's discretion on that call. Thing is, if I'm Berryesa and I don't like how a guy is pummeling in... lower my ****ing level. This is wrestling. Senior level. Greco... It's a damn fight.

Manville got chirpy with the opposing coaches afterwards and I'm fairly certain opp coaches left before shaking hands. There were words exchanged. Was really hoping they'd meet up for 3rd.

Don't think Koll was in corner, but my screen was small.
We can use "Koll" as shorthand for the Cornell coaches, since that's where Berreyesa wrestles.

All jokes aside, Manville's head first style is the worst kept secret in USA wrestling. There's a reason he's known as The Halo Kid ...and it's even his twitter handle.

maxresdefault.jpg

I was actually watching his matches today and said to myself ... No wonder the kid uses 90% of the tape on the team

We can use "Koll" as shorthand for the Cornell coaches, since that's where Berreyesa wrestles.

All jokes aside, Manville's head first style is the worst kept secret in USA wrestling. There's a reason he's known as The Halo Kid ...and it's even his twitter handle.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Brackets are up! Cenzo draws a Mongolian in the first round, Nolf an Egyptian. I like Nevills’ draw. Bradley in Semis.

Last edited:
Will anthony wrestle at the black night open on Sunday ?,or is this just a last minute illness or injury thing?

Will anthony wrestle at the black night open on Sunday ?,or is this just a last minute illness or injury thing?
Hope it isn’t an injury—could just be not wanting Gable to get too many feels before the open maybe? I have no insight.

Could have Nolf/Marstellar and Cenzo/Mekhi Lewis in the quarters.

I think Nolf would likely destroy Marstellar (more so in folk than freestyle, but still) and it would be nice to see Cenzo draw Lewis. He'll probably struggle with him again, but it would certainly help his confidence to get that monkey off his back (not that Cenzo has ever had trouble dealing with a loss or other adversity).

Reactions: diggerpup
I think Nolf would likely destroy Marstellar (more so in folk than freestyle, but still) and it would be nice to see Cenzo draw Lewis. He'll probably struggle with him again, but it would certainly help his confidence to get that monkey off his back (not that Cenzo has ever had trouble dealing with a loss or other adversity).
Not knowing what you mean by "destroy", this has the makings of a competitive bout. With leg laces and gut wrenches anything's possible … though I think this will be close. Chance has been training very hard for this moment. Had the opportunity to speak with him several weeks ago, everything's going well for him. Rooting hard for Jason, better not overlook Chance.

Reactions: Dogwelder and Grass
Not knowing what you mean by "destroy", this has the makings of a competitive bout. With leg laces and gut wrenches anything's possible … though I think this will be close. Chance has been training very hard for this moment. Had the opportunity to speak with him several weeks ago, everything's going well for him. Rooting hard for Jason, better not overlook Chance.

I guess we'll see. Doesn't matter whether I overlook him or not, just that Jason doesn't. As you said, freestyle, anything can happen and Chance is a tough competitor who seems focused again. I'll still take Jason....

Lizak looking big for 65, somehow; has top game in freestyle too, with a quick tech. Imar up. Close bout vs mongolia who has good d. after 1, imar up 1-0. Imar gets a body lock, secures the fall.

Mckenna up 4-0 after 1 & that’s how it ends.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT