ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Farrell: Freestyle season starts again

Fyi...here's the rule for qualifying for the Olympic Trials for the Bill Farrell International Open;

The highest placed Senior Freestyle USA athlete per weight category winning a medal, who has yet to qualify will earn a spot in the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials ‐ Wrestling.

Fyi...here's the rule for qualifying for the Olympic Trials for the Bill Farrell International Open;

The highest placed Senior Freestyle USA athlete per weight category winning a medal, who has yet to qualify will earn a spot in the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials ‐ Wrestling.
So, quick question, and maybe it is an obvious answer, but does the Bill Farrell only have Olympic weights? If not, if you win at an non-Olympic weight do you still earn a spot at the weight of your choice then? I guess this question is valid for most freestyle tournaments coming up.

I wonder if we will see a few of the guys wrestle at the Farrell as it is in NYC a few days before the Black Knight Invitational and only a couple of hours away.
I think we'll see a few guys go to Farrell, and none of them wrestle at West Point 2 days later.

I think we'll see a few guys go to Farrell, and none of them wrestle at West Point 2 days later.
This is correct, though plans (that can change) are to take the majority of the starters to West Point AND a few others. Right now, there should be more than 10 go.

Reactions: Maddog
57 should be loaded alsomddry Clark is now going down for this weight also with Suriano,Fix, Gilman etc should be some darn good wrestling going on.

Reactions: Grass and Dogwelder
Honest question here. and yes i know this is not 2 people from PSU

could this be the 1st couple to win gold in the same Olympic qualifying tournament for the same sport?
screen-shot-2018-10-08-at-3-12-06-pm.png

I do not know. Perhaps Nico discusses his reasons in this recent podcast (which I have not listened to):

Did he have an operation? Is he fully healed? Or am I totally mis-remembering?

looked up his Twitter account, in mid Oct he posted he has been off the mats for the last 12 weeks, so I assume he feels a bit rusty right now.

Last edited:
wow, what a lineup. AJ and Nick might face off. Should have sent Seth as well. Snyder is listed as titan mercury and not NLWC. Guess I know what I am doing Saturday!

Reactions: diggerpup
Just listening to that new "3 nerds with Kyle" podcast from Tuesday. Not enough respek for Mr. Nolf I believe. I'm issuing a ban style fatwa.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT