ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest change needed in coaches salary

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
If he gets a guaranteed salary, if he leaves during it, he pays the school the balance of his contract. These contracts let coaches walk for about 5% of what they would get if fired.

Reactions: jbenedict
If he gets a guaranteed salary, if he leaves during it, he pays the school the balance of his contract. These contracts let coaches walk for about 5% of what they would get if fired.
What if the school isn’t doing anything to help the coach? What if they won’t upgrade their facilities? What if they won’t pay enough for quality assistants? It takes far more than a coach to win at the highest level. Some schools are willing to do what’s necessary, most aren’t.

What if the school isn’t doing anything to help the coach? What if they won’t upgrade their facilities? What if they won’t pay enough for quality assistants? It takes far more than a coach to win at the highest level. Some schools are willing to do what’s necessary, most aren’t.
If I have to cater to a football player by lights and shimmer, I honestly don't want that type of player. Hell PSU facilities are great, my question when are they bringing back the rusted Iron plates. Its a mentality that needs to be instilled not neon lights. Happy New Years.

If I have to cater to a football player by lights and shimmer, I honestly don't want that type of player. Hell PSU facilities are great, my question when are they bringing back the rusted Iron plates. Its a mentality that needs to be instilled not neon lights. Happy New Years.
Good luck with your recruiting.😂😂

Reactions: PSUSignore
We need tough players who don’t care about their health or amenities or financial well being and just want to be manly men, with haircuts you can set your watch to. /s
There aren’t enough sons of Western PA steelworkers, Northeastern PA miners, or blue collar NJ paesons on PSU’s roster like there were back in the 70s and 80s when PSU played with a hard and tough mentality; these kids dreamed of playing for PSU with no strings attached. I realize that because of the destruction of heavy industry in PA and the huge population decline and shift, those days never are returning. However, I definitely believe that PSU has become a softer program both on and off of the field, partly because of the aforementioned.

There aren’t enough sons of Western PA steelworkers, Northeastern PA miners, or blue collar NJ paesons on PSU’s roster like there were back in the 70s and 80s when PSU played with a hard and tough mentality; these kids dreamed of playing for PSU with no strings attached. I realize that because of the destruction of heavy industry in PA and the huge population decline and shift, those days never are returning. However, I definitely believe that PSU has become a softer program both on and off of the field, partly because of the aforementioned.
As industry and manufacturing went down south, that is where many of those tough blue-collar families remain in the U.S. That is why schools in the northern U.S. and the west coast have a tough time competing at an elite level. In PA, eastern high school football is still pretty good, but western PA high school football has fallen of a cliff in terms of number of elite prospects. It is startling to compare school district populations between east and west. Pittsburgh, the largest western PA district, has 20k high school students and Reading, a small city, has almost as many at 18k. There are only 2 western PA school districts in the largest 25 school districts in PA.

As industry and manufacturing went down south, that is where many of those tough blue-collar families remain in the U.S. That is why schools in the northern U.S. and the west coast have a tough time competing at an elite level. In PA, eastern high school football is still pretty good, but western PA high school football has fallen of a cliff in terms of number of elite prospects. It is startling to compare school district populations between east and west. Pittsburgh, the largest western PA district, has 20k high school students and Reading, a small city, has almost as many at 18k. There are only 2 western PA school districts in the largest 25 school districts in PA.
I’m not disputing your stats about WPA; I’m sure they’re correct. However, a mitigating factor may be that there are so many school districts in WPA that would be much, much larger if they were consolidated. I mean, you have Mt. Lebo, Upper St. Clair and Bethel Park as three separate school districts, when in many other parts of the country they would be unified. The same goes for North Allegheny and North Hills, Montour and Carlynton, West A and Moon, etc. I know that school districts in Ohio, like Canton-McKinley are comprised of much bigger geographical areas than in WPA.

Regardless, even at the big schools in WPA, football participation is way down. I’ve said this before, but I believe that there are more youth hockey leagues and players in the Pittsburgh area now than football players.

a contract is a contract, and there's no way around it. the problem with this one is 100% the number of years. signing the coach into the next decade was ridiculous

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT