ADVERTISEMENT

Big Tens Session 1

Conaway MD 13-3. Brody Grothus gets beat 5-3 by Micah Jordan.

Micah looks ripe for the taking. He looked really gassed out there.
Im not sure if he looked as gassed or if brody was wrestling very defensively making it hard for Micah to score. Grothus had home crowd and a pretty good game plan to pull out an upset. Micah is just better.

Morelli up 5-2 End of 1, over a minute of riding time for Morelli

Morelli rides out second period, Riding time point locked up for Morelli

Morelli gets ridden out the entire 3rd period, Morelli wins 6-2.

Last edited:
IMAR with a WBF. Earlier in match he was taken to his back. Looked like he was pinned.

they just called a Freestyle push out point to give the victory to the Iowa guy at 165....he was pushed out, he did not back out

Edit...I am cool with making it a push out rule but just saying the spirit of the rule that exists now was lost in that call IMHO

Great job with the coverage, guys. Really appreciate the posts.

If there are any non-PSU upsets, post them.

Except that Hammond can't beat Morrelli. I'm just going to trust that our world beating coach knows who to wrestle at this weight class. I am not sure why anyone on this board thinks they are smarter than Cael?

Fair enough. And it's not like Garrett did himself any favors coming into the season by losing to Sutton and not qualifying last year.

Im not sure if he looked as gassed or if brody was wrestling very defensively making it hard for Micah to score. Grothus had home crowd and a pretty good game plan to pull out an upset. Micah is just better.

If he wasn't gassed he really lacked energy then. The cut has to be hard on him.

Pan Ams Qualifier Metcalf loses to Gomez 9-7. Metcalfe was down early, but comeback and almost won on last second takedown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT