ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten is the most overrated conference in the country!

Surpassed us? They’ve been ahead of us for most of our time in the Big (minus the RRod years). Do you remember 9 losses in a row?
I do. We had a slight glimmer of hope early in CJF’s tenure, but that glimmer of hope no longer exists.

Be as angry as you want. Join the mob all you want. It’s your choice. IMO, to be angry at UM or Harbaugh for their success is just pent up frustration at CJF’s ineptitude.
Or not. I don’t have pent up frustration at Franklin. I have frustration toward teams that cheat and prosper from it even after they get punished.

So it takes 7 years to recruit his players? A guy who had been an immediate success at every coaching stop prior.

Cfp world? What are you even talking about? That sounds delusional.

If CMU did anything, I'm all for punishing them. The original narrative on that seemed to be a staffer helped Stallions get on the field. Why was Stallions there if there was nothing going on that shouldn't have been?

Why are you concerned with making it about CMU? Penn State doesn't play them and it wasn't during anything PSU related. That's for Sparty to gripe about.

How do we know that? Wasn't there allegations about the tablets the teams were using being hacked this week in Pasadena?

To say they won this game without cheating sounds like an admission they cheated prior. So there's that.
And what exactly is the definition of the root word (allege) for which “allegation” is derived from?

That’s like saying Trump’s impeachments were valid. lol.
Not at all. Coaches who didn’t do anything don’t accept one suspension let alone two. I’m done with this discussion….you won’t change my mind and I won’t change yours.

Not at all. Coaches who didn’t do anything don’t accept one suspension let alone two. I’m done with this discussion….you won’t change my mind and I won’t change yours.
lol. Of course you’re done with this discussion.

Michigan is going to get throttled on Monday. They should have been out and Florida State in.
Michigan is going to annihilate Washington. They deserve it. Best team in the nation. Did they cheat? Yeah. But I don't think that's the deciding factor here. Best team is Michigan.

Only chance they had was Texas in Houston with a slight home advantage but Texas has no defense. Washington will fold like a cheese omelette for them, very similar to how Oregon folded for Ohio State in 2015.

Listen, I’m as disappointed as you are that PSU’s administration/leadership lacks the backbone and commitment that UM’s does. It doesn’t mean UM is wrong. It more than likely means something is wrong with PSU.

Michigan is going to annihilate Washington. They deserve it. Best team in the nation. Did they cheat? Yeah. But I don't think that's the deciding factor here. Best team is Michigan.

Only chance they had was Texas in Houston with a slight home advantage but Texas has no defense. Washington will fold like a cheese omelette for them, very similar to how Oregon folded for Ohio State in 2015.
I’m not sure Michigan can score enough to beat Washington.

• Haha
Reactions: WV Bruno
Listen, I’m as disappointed as you are that PSU’s administration/leadership lacks the backbone and commitment that UM’s does. It doesn’t mean UM is wrong. It more than likely means something is wrong with PSU.
UM cheating has nothing to do with PSU. If that commitment involves allowing your coach to cheat then I don’t want that kind of leadership.

I’m not sure Michigan can score enough to beat Washington.
You don’t “have to score as much as UW”. You have to apply pressure to UW’s offense by limiting their total possessions through ball control offense.

You don’t “have to score as much as UW”. You have to apply pressure to UW’s offense by limiting their total possessions through ball control offense.
Like all those teams did to our 94 team.

Big Ten the final 2 teams--tough to be overrated when that happens
It's why people need to stop paying attention to bowl outcomes. Penn State and Ohio State losing meant nothing. Both those teams already failed to achieve their goals this year. Ole Miss and Mizzou aren't at that level where it's a disappointing season to be 10-2 but they, at least Ole Miss, will get there.

You did not play many good teams that year. You would have had your hands full with Colorado or Nebraska.

First Big 10 team since '68 or '69 (didn't look this back up but its somewhere through these years) to go through the conference and entire season without a loss and without a tie.

Michigan was beating Colorado until a Hail Mary.

We beat Michigan. Destroyed OSU. Should have been a split considering it was done just prior and just after '94. If you argue otherwise, you are just trying to antagonize. Who is to say Nebraska could have stopped all of our weapons?

First Big 10 team since '68 or '69 (didn't look this back up but its somewhere through these years) to go through the conference and entire season without a loss and without a tie.

Michigan was beating Colorado until a Hail Mary.

We beat Michigan. Destroyed OSU. Should have been a split considering it was done just prior and just after '94. If you argue otherwise, you are just trying to antagonize. Who is to say Nebraska could have stopped all of our weapons?
They stopped Colorado's offense.

Nebraska only scored 31 points as well. Much like their 28 vs then bottom feeder Iowa State, and 13 vs Oklahoma (6-6 purely average OU).
They were physical. I know some of the WVU players from that era and they say that team was better than Miami, 93 Florida, and other top teams we played in that three year cycle.

Reactions: lazydave841
No way. Sure they are less of a team without Travis but no way they lose to those Big Ten phonies!

The Big Ten is an overrated conference not any better than the ACC, Big XII, PAC 12, etc. The SEC should just play for their own title and leave the rest of the country to battle each other. The sport has been ruined by unregulated NIL, Transfer portal, etc. what a joke.
We all get it jackwad. The B1G is overrated. You posted it lots of times.
Florida State had 15 + players opt out. They were emotionally disinterested. Still, even with the loss to Georgia who should be in the playoffs their resume is far superior to Michigan's. Who did Michigan beat? Us and OSU? Both of those teams suck! We haven't been good all year but played mostly cream puffs. At least OSU best ND on the road. The Big Ten is an overrated conference that lives on the legacy of the Ohio State - Michigan rivalry.
they beat Alabama last night, genius.

You did not play many good teams that year. You would have had your hands full with Colorado or Nebraska.
We would have rolled Colorado….Nebraska would have been closer but they couldn’t score enough to keep up with us. That was the best college offense ever up to that point (and that’s not me saying that, it’s Herbstreit and others). We scored every 1:56…that’s ridiculous.

• Haha
We would have rolled Colorado….Nebraska would have been closer but they couldn’t score enough to keep up with us. That was the best college offense ever up to that point (and that’s not me saying that, it’s Herbstreit and others). We scored every 1:56…that’s ridiculous.
Let the trolls go.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Judging by bowl results, all the conferences were close to average this season. PAC was the only conference plus two over .500, and the MAC was the only conference minus two. Big Ten finished tied for second at 5-4.

Judging by bowl results, all the conferences were close to average this season. PAC was the only conference plus two over .500, and the MAC was the only conference minus two. Big Ten finished tied for second at 5-4.
Washington and Michigan were the two games that mattered. All good for the Big Ten

B1G is overrated? Well, two B1G 2024 teams are playing for the NC. Yep, overrated - good call.

And that’s what we’ve learned is the only thing that matters over the last decade and a half. 1 team winning the title means the whole league is the best. If another team from the big ten wins it next year might as well burn all the other crap conferences down.

Impossible to compare this year just because of the massive TP entries and opt outs in the bowls which affect more talented teams - like OSU and PSU - more than the teams they played. What it boils down to is that many Bowl games will start disappearing - outside of the 12 team Playoff - in the near future

Reactions: Westcoast24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT