Illinois - 2
Nebraska - 2
Minnesota - 2
Northwestern - 2
Maryland - 2
Purdue - 0
Rutgers - 0

Reactions: tgar
Seems about right. I'm a little surprised Wisconsin didn't have more than Ohio State. We haven't had many great/elite OL so hard to complain.

Reactions: ralphster
Ohio State - 16
Wisconsin - 14
Michigan - 12
Iowa - 11
Michigan State - 10
Penn State - 3
Indiana - 3
Illinois - 2
Nebraska - 2
Minnesota - 2
Northwestern - 2
Maryland - 2
Purdue - 0
Rutgers - 0
It would be interesting to study that list of specific individuals vs. the OLmen actually drafted from the B1G, including those who are still playing from that same period.

I don't know the answer, but it would be an interesting analysis. It would somewhat factor in draftability and durability.

Ohio State - 16
Wisconsin - 14
Michigan - 12
Iowa - 11
Michigan State - 10
Penn State - 3
Indiana - 3
Illinois - 2
Nebraska - 2
Minnesota - 2
Northwestern - 2
Maryland - 2
Purdue - 0
Rutgers - 0
Hey we are sixth out of 14!

Ohio State - 16
Wisconsin - 14
Michigan - 12
Iowa - 11
Michigan State - 10
Penn State - 3
Indiana - 3
Illinois - 2
Nebraska - 2
Minnesota - 2
Northwestern - 2
Maryland - 2
Purdue - 0
Rutgers - 0
The dropoff between #1-5 and #6 is shocking.

Considering the process of outscoring one's opponents all starts there, seems we should be pretty happy with the team's performance. I'd say we've had more good OLs than these numbers suggest and maybe just haven't had as many deemed the cream of the crop.

The dropoff between #1-5 and #6 is shocking.

Considering the process of outscoring one's opponents all starts there, seems we should be pretty happy with the team's performance. I'd say we've had more good OLs than these numbers suggest and maybe just haven't had as many deemed the cream of the crop.

How many lineman drafted might be a better indicator. Anyone know offhand how many we've had drafted the last five years?

How many lineman drafted might be a better indicator. Anyone know offhand how many we've had drafted the last five years?
Connor McGovern (2019), Donovan Smith (2015), John Urschel (2014).

Ryan Bates (2019), Brendan Mahon (2017), and Garry Gilliam (2014) are UDFAs who at least for a time were on NFL rosters. That’s the full list - and Franklin never had Urschel or Gilliam.

Reactions: 81b&w
Connor McGovern (2019), Donovan Smith (2015), John Urschel (2014).

Ryan Bates (2019), Brendan Mahon (2017), and Garry Gilliam (2014) are UDFAs who at least for a time were on NFL rosters. That’s the full list - and Franklin never had Urschel or Gilliam.
Not a great trend. With the results we are seeing with several PSU players at the NFL combine testing, it's hard to blame the strength/conditioning program.

If I recall, Joe turned out a great number of pros, but very few Defensive Backs. The OL appears to be a similar hole in Franklin's selection and development of talent.

The FIRST full group of offensive linemen Franklin recruited to PSU includes the current 5th year senior (Gonzalez), along w Bates and Jenkins.

The guys who were already here when he got here? Sweet Jeebzus - they weren’t his charges, and they wouldn’t have formed a competent line for Lock Haven University.

How many f***ing “NFL draft picks” should he have under his belt?
LMAO
I said it wasn't a great trend, @stormingnorm

There is really no need for you to be so obnoxious. I realize you think you are one of the smartest people around, but you come across as a dick.

Shocked that all of Wisconsin lineman this year are from Wisconsin. Starters vs Michigan. If md is hub of dL why doesn’t anyone cherry pick Wisconsin for ol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT