ADVERTISEMENT

Best looking classic cars thread

Owned a 442 and loved it.Was really quick even in its stock form and had a real
66_olds_442_2DR_DV_06_BJ_01-800.jpg
nice backseat for drive in purposes

Would see Foreigner vocalist Lou Gramm zipping up and down my road in this very car when I first moved here 20yrs ago... his former home is just down the road about 2000’ from me.

Hadn’t seen him - nor that car - for awhile until last summer... I was coming home from work and was about a half-mile from home and he nearly took me out at a notoriously bad/limited-sight intersection AS I WAS LISTENING TO FOREIGNER on Sirius... Not sure if “irony” is the right word , but the song was Long Long Way From Home

got home and told my wife... Barely evoked an eye-roll ...

http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2016/09/67-oldsmobile-442.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 81b&w and brupsu
Reactions: brupsu
Owned a 442 and loved it.Was really quick even in its stock form and had a real
66_olds_442_2DR_DV_06_BJ_01-800.jpg
nice backseat for drive in purposes
When I was (much) younger, I used to see the various Hurst versions on display on the lawn at Hurst and Campbell, which was just up Street Rd from my HS.

Well you can probably sleep in some crappy American car that’s broken down on the side of the road.
well.....I own one that has 250000 miles on it........and it hasn't broken down yet.......so there's that........

I don’t know how to upload pictures but I owned a 69 Camaro SS clone in 1981. The car was originally a 69 camaro with a Base 350ci 295hp V8. My first car was given to me in 1980, a 1968 Pontiac 2dr Tempest powered by an In-line 6cyl with a 1bbl carburetor. Both cars were very expensive to keep up for a 17 & 18 year old which ultimately steered me towards more fuel efficient and reliable Japanese cars.

I also love those. The late 60s models of the Camaro/Firebird were very similar except for some cosmetic changes from year to year. The triangular side rear windows made them easily identifiable. Awesome looking small muscle car. In 1970 they got rid of the rear side window and the car started to morph into the stereotypical 1970s look made famous in Smokey and the Bandit.
591_V20130302133932.jpg

I also love those. The late 60s models of the Camaro/Firebird were very similar except for some cosmetic changes from year to year. The triangular side rear windows made them easily identifiable. Awesome looking small muscle car. In 1970 they got rid of the rear side window and the car started to morph into the stereotypical 1970s look made famous in Smokey and the Bandit.
591_V20130302133932.jpg

Very nice, but you know what would make it even better...?
HIDDEN HEADLIGHTS!

1969-chevrolet-camaro-rs-z28-black-on-black-white-stripes-rotissarie-restored-1.jpg

This little baby may not be a classic today but it will be!!! o_O I'll post a photo now and beat the rush when a similar thread appears thirty years from now. Glorified golf carts. Gotta love 'em.

2009-smart-fortwo-2-door-coupe-passion-side-exterior-view_100256569_m.jpg

What year is that? My dad had a 1964, which I thought was the first year. Got repossessed as I came along. And I may have been conceived in the back seat for all I know.
1966 Amazing what could be accomplished in the back seat of those old cars lol.You are correct 64 was the first year.

This little baby may not be a classic today but it will be!!! o_O I'll post a photo now and beat the rush when a similar thread appears thirty years from now. Glorified golf carts. Gotta love 'em.

2009-smart-fortwo-2-door-coupe-passion-side-exterior-view_100256569_m.jpg

This will never ever be considered a “classic”.... except maybe as a debacle

Nothing “smart” about it

This is my slightly outside the box edition.
The Ford GT is still my favorite of all time. I love the reboot that they did a few years back.
Obviously also the Ferrari GTO is perfect, however, it has been mentioned.

1965 Aston Martin
121109100056-gallery-hagertys-bond-cars-aston-martin-db5-youtube.jpg

1966 FORD gt
maxresdefault.jpg

1970 BMW 3.0 this one takes time to grow on you. But when you really start to look at it, you can start to see its perfection.
It is VERY understated, but the lines are just right.
screen-70.jpeg

Porche 550. You might need a helmet and goggles to drive this and being 6'2" 270 I might look like I am driving a kids car, but you can't argue with its beauty
692_main_l.jpg

1962 Chevy Impala SS. Growing up in the 1990s, this was my dream car for some reason.
I always loved the lines on this. Now that I think of it, there is a similarity with the 1970 BMW, which is one of my current favorites.
This might be TOO big for me these days.
724692_3.jpg

I will include a corvette, and now I also realize, I guess i like cars in lighter metallic colors.
You can't hide from the design. It has got to be good.
1965_chevrolet_corvette_convertible_roadster-pic-7279553069783473777-1600x1200.png

Last edited:
This is my slightly outside the box edition.
The Ford GT is still my favorite of all time. I love the reboot that they did a few years back.
Obviously also the Ferrari GTO is perfect, however, it has been mentioned.

1965 Aston Martin
121109100056-gallery-hagertys-bond-cars-aston-martin-db5-youtube.jpg

1966 FORD gt
maxresdefault.jpg

1970 BMW 3.0 this one takes time to grow on you. But when you really start to look at it, you can start to see its perfection.
It is VERY understated, but the lines are just right.
screen-70.jpeg

Porche 550. You might need a helmet and goggles to drive this and being 6'2" 270 I might look like I am driving a kids car, but you can't argue with its beauty
692_main_l.jpg

1962 Chevy Impala SS. Growing up in the 1990s, this was my dream car for some reason.
I always loved the lines on this. Now that I think of it, there is a similarity with the 1970 BMW, which is one of my current favorites.
This might be TOO big for me these days.
724692_3.jpg

I will include a corvette, and now I also realize, I guess i like cars in lighter metallic colors.
You can't hide from the design. It has got to be good.
050806_1.jpg

I like your choices but that Aston Martin, beautiful.

I loved talking about cars with my dad when I was little. He was a big American muscle car fan, and told me how all his friends bought Mustangs, Firebirds, Camaros, etc. for chump change when they were brand new. We would go to a lot of car shows in Western PA/Eastern OH and when I asked what is all time favorite was, it was very simple: 1969 Yenko Camaro.

1cf4753fff97259f02c8817640766664.jpg

My Dad had an '81 Buick Riviera that looked just like this. The pic doesn't do justice to how long the hood was!

img0229-1531512845308@2x.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Potter
I love most cars from the hidden headlights era:

Speaking of hidden headlights, my first car after I graduated college and started a real job was a white '88 Integra with the flip up lights. Loved that car! Traded it with 225K miles and it ran as good the day I traded it as the day I drove it off the lot. But body was starting to rust. :-(

f2878-acura_integra_1st_hatchback3d-369-640x480.jpg

Reactions: BBrown
Speaking of hidden headlights, my first car after I graduated college and started a real job was a white '88 Integra with the flip up lights. Loved that car! Traded it with 225K miles and it ran as good the day I traded it as the day I drove it off the lot. But body was starting to rust. :-(

f2878-acura_integra_1st_hatchback3d-369-640x480.jpg

I had the 87 version. Good car.

I was never a huge fan of those old Jags, but I must say, after watching that and looking at their website, they really are beautiful cars. And 12 cylinder!

I think a lot of those British cars had electronic issues. I know that the triumphs and MG's were notorious for it.
My second favorite car.
b490f41cdabf687b05c67ad720fe03a14640d4f1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT