ADVERTISEMENT

Best (Fictional) Wrestler in a Movie or TV Show

Who was the best (fictional) wrestler in a movie or tv show?

• Brian Shute

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Louden Swain

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Kuch

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Mike Chetley

• Cal Chetley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Clark

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • A.C. Slater

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Luke Dunphy

• Tommy Riordan

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Leo Leone

• Total voters

mcpat

Gold Member
Mar 13, 2021
Ran out of poll choices; add your own in comments!

A good movie based on "professional" wrestling is "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke as the lead.
98% rotten tomato. He won a Golden Globe for best actor. Takes you into the inside world. Worth a watch if you've never seen it.

Reactions: WildTurk and mcpat
Just turned it on (again). Tommy won 6 straight junior olympic titles and a state championship as a 9th grader without giving up a single point at states.

ArpJ.gif

I think peak Tommy kicks all their a$$es. WPIAL guy.
Any time Tom Hardy plays the character in taking that choice all day long. Underrated movie and Tommy Riodan allllll the way.

Have any of you guys seen the movie Takedown. It was written by Eric Hendershot from Towanda Pa. He moved to Utah and wrote the script about Ed Branish (Towanda’s first coach) and long time principal and later wrestling radio announcer.

Any time Tom Hardy plays the character in taking that choice all day long. Underrated movie and Tommy Riodan allllll the way.

Have any of you guys seen the movie Takedown. It was written by Eric Hendershot from Towanda Pa. He moved to Utah and wrote the script about Ed Branish (Towanda’s first coach) and long time principal and later wrestling radio announcer.
My buddy Paleryder referenced that movie earlier in this thread. That's a cool backstory. I never knew that. I had a college buddy that wrestled for Towanda back in the mid 70's. I'll have to see if the movie is on YouTube and check it out.

Reactions: NCPsuFan

My hometown. Branish was teaching and coaching wrestling when I was in high school.

Reactions: NCPsuFan
Kyle Timmons was probably the best actual wrestler (played by Alex Shaffer) in a fictional wrestling film, which was also a genuinely good film, he should have been a one seed here.

Reactions: dicemen99
At the moment in the movie, we compare them to maybe characters in the other movies. It’s obviously Brian Shute. However, in modern times, Louden Swain would’ve been an under the radar recruit that Kale Sanderson would’ve got in on early, he would go to Penn State would go to Iowa.

Swain s goes on to a glorious ncaa career winning three national titles while Shute , often injured is a 4 x all American for Iowa. Never quite realizing his potential.

However, in an interesting plot twist after his NCAA career over, he joints at Nittany lion wrestling club and works out with the guys winning an Olympic silver medal four years later. He then retires from the sport as an active competitor, but takes over Cael Sanderson‘s role keeping Penn State Dynasty going on well into the 2040s.

😎😎😂😂

At the moment in the movie, we compare them to maybe characters in the other movies. It’s obviously Brian Shute. However, in modern times, Louden Swain would’ve been an under the radar recruit that Kale Sanderson would’ve got in on early, he would go to Penn State would go to Iowa.

Swain s goes on to a glorious ncaa career winning three national titles while Shute , often injured is a 4 x all American for Iowa. Never quite realizing his potential.

However, in an interesting plot twist after his NCAA career over, he joints at Nittany lion wrestling club and works out with the guys winning an Olympic silver medal four years later. He then retires from the sport as an active competitor, but takes over Cael Sanderson‘s role keeping Penn State Dynasty going on well into the 2040s.

😎😎😂😂
Need a bit more coffee in ur morning bourbon there fella.

Reactions: Reslo
Just turned it on (again). Tommy won 6 straight junior olympic titles and a state championship as a 9th grader without giving up a single point at states.
Are you claiming that The Warrior was based on a true story?? Love that movie but wasn't aware!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT