ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Askren finally to UFC?

I might watch UFC with Askren in it. On the whole I don't like MMA, but I do like that our wrestlers seem to dominate it. Askren is more wrestler than brawler (similar to Ed Ruth) so his success is even stronger proof of that axiom. He's also a divisive loudmouth but from him it just comes off as kayfabe.

For those who regularly watch, how do you think Askren will do?

For those who regularly watch, how do you think Askren will do?

I suspect Askren will get his clock cleaned in the UFC, unfortunately. I don't think he has the stand up skills or punching power to hang with guys at the next level. I'm surprised by this move given that Dana White previously said he'd NEVER sign Askren to the UFC. He called Askren "the most boring fighter in MMA history" and said his fighting style was sleep-inducing for audiences. I'm not a fan of Dana White, but based on the Askren fights I've seen, I see where White is coming from on this.

Reactions: tikk10
I suspect Askren will get his clock cleaned in the UFC, unfortunately. I don't think he has the stand up skills or punching power to hang with guys at the next level. I'm surprised by this move given that Dana White previously said he'd NEVER sign Askren to the UFC. He called Askren "the most boring fighter in MMA history" and said his fighting style was sleep-inducing for audiences. I'm not a fan of Dana White, but based on the Askren fights I've seen, I see where White is coming from on this.

this guy boring?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT