ADVERTISEMENT

Being forced to 4 - My 4 would be

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
Alabama
ND
Oklahoma
GA

The ACC does not deserve to have a team in the final 4. I would choose App State over any ACC team.

Footnote: Picking only 4 teams and calling it a CFP remains ludicrous and defies any knowledge of CFB bowl game history prior to the creation of this CFP sham.

Clemson beat TAMU who beat LSU who beat UGA :)

UGA beat out of conference powerhouses: Austin peay, UMASS, middle Tennessee, and GTech

Reactions: Osprey Lion
Clemson beat TAMU who beat LSU who beat UGA :)

UGA beat out of conference powerhouses: Austin peay, UMASS, middle Tennessee, and GTech

LSwho? Clemson can concentrate on OOC games given they have no real div 1 conference games..... They even got to play a div 2 team in the ACC championship game.... lol

If you are arguing strength of schedule, ND has 4 wins over teams that are over .500 (Michigan, northwestern, Stanford, Pitt).. I don’t think it’ll happen, but I’d love if Notre Dame would be left out so maybe it’d force their hand in joining a conference

Alabama
ND
Oklahoma
GA

The ACC does not deserve to have a team in the final 4. I would choose App State over any ACC team.

Footnote: Picking only 4 teams and calling it a CFP remains ludicrous and defies any knowledge of CFB bowl game history prior to the creation of this CFP sham.

Technically ND is ACC. So it comes down which is worse. Putting in a team that beat seven teams at .500 or worse, or putting in a team that beat three teams .500 or worse plus two FCS. How about we shutout the ACC and ND completely? :D

Bama
Georgia
OU
tOSU

No way you cannot include the three undefeated teams: Al, ND, Clemson.

The decision will be between ou, OSU and UCF. The easy way out is to include UCF and have four undefeated teams but no way to rig it up now after having UCF so low.

No way you cannot include the three undefeated teams: Al, ND, Clemson.

The decision will be between ou, OSU and UCF. The easy way out is to include UCF and have four undefeated teams but no way to rig it up now after having UCF so low.

So, UCF won yesterday?

I think Georgia is a better team than Oklahoma and deserves the shot. They would be the first two-loss team in the CFP. Also, does the committee give Georgia 3 cracks at Alabama in a calendar year? Lastly, I think Oklahoma will make it based on the fact that they avenged their one loss , so they have technically beaten everyone they have played, and they are a conference champion.

1-Bama, 2-Clemson, 3-Notre Dame, 4-Oklahoma

That puts us in Citrus Bowl, which is a step down, but probably what this team earned

For everyone who thinks it is just as good as NY6, let’s put it into terms you may understand better

CFP = Elite
NY6 = Great
January 1 = Good
Everything Else = Meh

Last edited:
Technically ND is ACC. So it comes down which is worse. Putting in a team that beat seven teams at .500 or worse, or putting in a team that beat three teams .500 or worse plus two FCS. How about we shutout the ACC and ND completely? :D

Bama
Georgia
OU
tOSU
Technically they are not in the acc. Did they play Clemson? Were they in championship? Nope.

They should be left out. That would
Send a message. Join a damn conference because you are not above everyone else.

For me it would be Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia. ND should have to join a conference.

Since there is no real criteria and it’s completely subjective, I would say you need to be a conference champ to be in.
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State

It makes as much sense as anything else.

Agree completely. Otherwise, why have conferences and conference championship games? As is, conference championships other than the ever-exalted SEC are just beauty contests. IMHO, the current system is no better than when the MNC was decided by polling a bunch of biased sportswriters and coaches.

Technically they are not in the acc. Did they play Clemson? Were they in championship? Nope.

They should be left out. That would
Send a message. Join a damn conference because you are not above everyone else.

Substitute ND for Army or BYU. If either of those two teams had that schedule and went 12-0, would you tell them to join a conference too? Don’t let your dislike for ND cloud your logic.

Reactions: Nitwit97
Alabama
ND
Oklahoma
GA

My four would be:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Oklahoma
4. Clemson.

5. Georgia
6. Notre Dame
Conference Championship Games either matter, or end them. Notre Dame’s schedule eliminates them. Georgia’s two losses eliminates them.
I am really sick of hearing how actually winning conference championship games don’t matter, from the announcers and analysts doing them. They’re winking, telling you it’s all bullshit.

Reactions: palmettolion
Alabama
Oklahoma
tOSU
Clemson

Clemson at 4, regardless of their record they're the only ones that played a nobody yesterday and their regular season schedule was a joke. They should've been playing ND yesterday.

Speaking of ND, they should only ever be permitted to play the top ranked G5 team in a bowl. Join a P5 conference, play a championship or enjoy the also ran bowl.

And I don't hate Notre Dame, it's just with the way they set themselves up I don't think they should be considered.

TIC,
  • Maybe Alabama and Clemson should have sat out the Conference Championship games if they don’t matter.
Why get somebody hurt, Tua, when the real prize is down the line? Like the players skipping bowl games.

Alabama
ND
Oklahoma
GA

You funny. Clemson has beaten Bama for a Natty. Shut OSU’s arse out. You sound like the idiots whom used to criticize PSU and Eastern Football

Substitute ND for Army or BYU. If either of those two teams had that schedule and went 12-0, would you tell them to join a conference too? Don’t let your dislike for ND cloud your logic.

If Ohio State were undefeated, would you put them in over ND this year?

Of the four conference champs which one would ND be favored to win?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT