ADVERTISEMENT

Beaver Stadium press box upgrades to be on BOT's agenda Friday.

Class of 67

Jan 30, 2007
Certainly not the expansion planned before the crap hit the fan in Nov 2011:

If approved, the press box upgrade would begin after the completion of the Blue-White Game on April 18 and be finished before the Lion's home opener Sept. 12. A replaced elevator cab, new windows, carpeting, paint, energy efficient lighting and exterior paint are all part of the proposed upgrade.

Sounds like they've given up on tearing it down and putting up a new one with sky boxes to match the other side of the stadium.

Haven't given up. Just not the right time. Had to invest in current box to get through the next several years, when hopefully things will be more favorable for spending $30-$40 million on new west side suites and press box.

Re: Keeping Most BOT Members Out Of The Press Box Would Be An Upgrade! *

The BoT are on the east side in the Suites.

I don't know. Read they were spending $2- 3 million on this. Why put in energy efficient windows, brand new elevator etc if you're going to tear it down in a few years? It only gets used 7 days a year (with at least 2-3 of those days early each year where temperature is not really an issue).

This post was edited on 3/16 10:15 PM by psu00

Are they installing automatically locking fire doors?

I think that'd be worth funding.

Re: Then Keeping Them Out Of The Suites Would Be Even Sweeter! *

I'd be fine if someone just found out what suite they were in and got the people above them to drop a 'Resign now!' or 409' banner in front of their window. That way they would see it each game as they were drinking their glasses of wine and eating cheese while talking about how great they were/ are. ;).

This post was edited on 3/16 10:45 PM by psu00

SOMEONE must know which suite they are in.

Just sayin'.............
3dgrin.r191677.gif

About time they did something with that Jr. High press box. *

X

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT