ADVERTISEMENT

Bat signal is up

Mega big addition to this class.

Congratulations PJ on choosing Penn State.

Welcome Mustipher family to the Nittany Lion Family!

Look forward to following PJ as he is hitting the Backs and hitting the Books with great success.

A tall Cuban cigar, a tall Brazilian gymnastic female soccer player and a tall Johnny Walker Blue on the rocks are in order.... a tall order but in order!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Currently, what we have on the defensive side of the ball is not quite as good as the outstanding people we have on offense. James Franklin is rectifying that situation. And in short order. Welcome PJ and well done, Coach Franklin.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Very excited about PJ.

My son goes to school with PJ and knows him well. McDonogh is a well respected private school. They have played some great competition over the last couple years and PJ is a beast.

He is a great kid. Smart. The kind of kid who you expect at Penn State.

I never thought he would come to PSU. His brother is (was?) the starting center at Notre Dame.

PJ is also a great wrestler. Maybe not PSU caliber but a great wrestler, but good enough for 90% of D1 wrestling programs.

big, athletic 1 technique DTs, corners that can play man, and dynamic end rushers are what have made Alabama so tough on defense......James has been adding the corners and some dynamic rush guys.....this is the first real large dynamic 1 technique DT that we have pulled in......you can then pair PJ with a smaller, super quick DT knowing that PJ will hold the point of attack.

Huge get.......

Very excited about PJ.

My son goes to school with PJ and knows him well. McDonogh is a well respected private school. They have played some great competition over the last couple years and PJ is a beast.

He is a great kid. Smart. The kind of kid who you expect at Penn State.

I never thought he would come to PSU. His brother is (was?) the starting center at Notre Dame.

PJ is also a great wrestler. Maybe not PSU caliber but a great wrestler, but good enough for 90% of D1 wrestling programs.

Yep. Love that he is a high level wrestler .... Same HS as osu NCAA champ Myles Martin

This is a huge pick up

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Offers:

• - Alabama
  • - Duke
  • - Maryland
  • - Miami (FL)
  • - Michigan
  • - Michigan State
  • - Missouri
  • - North Carolina
  • - Notre Dame
  • - Ohio State
  • - Penn State
  • - Rutgers
  • - Tennessee
  • - Virginia Tech
  • - West Virginia
  • - Wisconsin
He can't be all that good. Pitt didn't offer him. I'd say the list only includes real football programs, but Rutgers negates that thought.

Reactions: Ski
He can't be all that good. Pitt didn't offer him. I'd say the list only includes real football programs, but Rutgers negates that thought.

rutgres offers Mustipher:

tenor.gif

Wow this is starting to smell like a national championship class. And my sense is that they've had the luxury of being able to recruit for their system, recruit particular kinds of athletes that they think can be successful at PSU -- ie long defenders, OL who can play guard and tackle. And lots of players who are physically tough and whip smart.

I guess he is our "War Daddy," whatever that means.

Seriously ecstatic about this commitment. Puts this class over the top.

Did some short math and I am not a mathematician, but, using the score system, and projecting ahead with 3 commits left, even counting the five stars who are not committed yet, there are only 4 teams that will catch and/or pass us. Even allowing for an Alabama or a Clemson to do their last minute hauls, the very worst this class can end up ranked is #9 in the nation. It's safe to say now, that this is Franklins' first top ten recruiting class at Penn State and the first top ten class since I believe 2009? Just incredible considering all that we have come through.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT