ADVERTISEMENT

Bat signal is up Devin Willock

Recruits at Lasch after yesterday’s game:

oki81jw2tro01.gif

His Twitter says he was going to initially decide on July 5th. Wonder what changed? Lots of Georgia stuff on there - surprised he picked us.

^^ So the PSU staff told Willock they wanted to see 3 games of senior film, but they were blown away by his first game and made him a big priority. Cool to see these kids set their sights on a goal and then go out and earn it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delco Lion
Given what Georgia has been doing on the OL re recruiting, their targeting of Devin speaks volumes.

He might have gone to Howard had it not been on the short end of the 79.. he preferred a team that HAD 79. Yes, i'm kidding.

That is all.

Oh... and welcome aboard, Sir.... looking forward to seeing you arrive as a highly rated 4*... pretty sure it will happen.

1. I've learned when it comes to recruiting, to "trust this staff". They do an excellent job of a. identifying players, and b. developing players......... So, I'll trust the staff.

I will say this. These camps are not exactly the best situations for OL. They often put OL in very difficult situations. They take an OT and place then on a 1-on-1 island vs. a 240-250lb speed rushing DE, who also is going at the same whistle. In real game action, the O has the advantage of knowing snap count. So in real game action the O has the advantage of being a half-step quicker that the D because they can anticipate the snap count. At these camps, both Ol & DL, go at whistle, which means they are going at same sound......... huge advantage DL. Willock did not look too good at the camps. But I'm guessing our staff feels he has enough foundation to work with over the next 4-5 years.

Last edited:
This 247 article implies that CJF and Limegrover wanted to see Willock perform at a couple of his H.S. scrimmages and in his first game before he committed. Glad they saw what they wanted to see!

One more OT out there to complete the 6 man OL 2020 class....

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...itment-college-football-recruiting-135079686/

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...itment-college-football-recruiting-135082320/

Maybe it's Parks? He is still in close contact with PSU. He was at OU this weekend and headed to T A&M later in the month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT