ADVERTISEMENT

Barron and some new $$$ - LINK

First off thank you Joe Paterno!

Secondly, I guess the athletic department is clear of that $60 million fine if they can use big ten money on the university at large.

Last edited:
Perhaps this is the "good day" news Pennoyer heralded?
AD recovering from $60 million plus in unjust fines and the BOT piles on by taking away another $4 million. Great work BOT!

Link! Penn State has more money than Pitt! Link!

Link! Our stupid president isn't as bad as most of your stupid presidents. Link!

Link! My mom's basement is better than most fat uneducated diabetic mom's basements. Link!

Now: who do I sound like?

I'm sure all the assistant to the assistant AD positions these funds are going to are mission critical.

I wonder if this is B1G wide deal in order to take some heat off of athletics and the tax exempt status.

Interesting. Don't recall in the past that Athletic Department surpluses were transferred over to the University. Does this represent a piercing, or even permanent destruction, of the veil between the AD and the University. If so, it's not surprising that it comes (shortly) before the launch of the AD's Facilities Master Plan. Has the notion of the AD as a self-funded entity just been kissed goodbye?

Interesting. Don't recall in the past that Athletic Department surpluses were transferred over to the University. Does this represent a piercing, or even permanent destruction, of the veil between the AD and the University. If so, it's not surprising that it comes (shortly) before the launch of the AD's Facilities Master Plan. Has the notion of the AD as a self-funded entity just been kissed goodbye?
Sounds more like BS to me

Like when your wife goes shopping, says "hey honey, there was a sale - I saved $50"

When you ask for the $50, what you find out is that you didn't actually save $50, you find that it actually cost your $200........ But it COULD HAVE cost you $250

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and step.eng69
After the BOT/University disingenuously trashed the Athletic Dept, nearly driving the football program into extinction, it seems the height of arrogance for them to now engage in parasitic bleeding, off of the renewed health of the Ath Dept and the Football Team's successes.

Last edited:
Hey! Lets get 107k for the Blue/White game to show we're the best college atmosphere on the planet! (Then charge $20 for parking for a meaningless scrimmage to offset the $60 million that never should have been paid out).

Reactions: Ski
I would like someone here to post an organizational chart of the AD Dept. before Sandy Barbour and after, detailing positions, relationships and job descriptions. In the interest of transparency and full disclosure. Resort to using venn diagrams to show overlapping responsibilities if necessary. ;)
Barry is both willing and eminently capable.

Does this appropriation of funds count towards a payment on the loan, er, I mean enhanced revenues?

I'm not sure if you're asking this seriously or in jest, but, it would be a creative way to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT