ADVERTISEMENT

Band you can't stand

Yea Grateful Dead are interesting. I love Terrapin Station and it never leaves my rotation. I also like Blues for Allah. Mostly more their more trippy kind of stuff. Mostly I don't like their popular stuff and the stuff most Dead fans like.
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage

Dead fans always use that fallback. Music should be able to stand on its own. If you need drugs to really appreciate the music, the music is lacking. Their “explorations” are drug-fueled wankery - sorry.

Two legendary bands are Creedence and The Band. They made you envision swamps, back road hollers, late night revival meetings, infantry maneuvers etc - but aside from Levon from Arkansas, they were from California or Canada. Now that is talent - putting you into another place, another time without the practical experience. You can listen to either of those bands stone cold sober and go on the “trip” with them.
It’s more than music, it’s an experience, all encompassing, full body.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Dave Matthews Band
I can't stand Dave Matthews. It is his voice, it grates on me. I know I'm in minority and I respect his talent. His voice is nails on chalkboard for me.
Sometime ago I saw a social media post that pretty well sums up my take on them. It was something to the effect of,
"Heard the Dave Matthews Band announced they'll be touring for the first time in over a year. I'll bet they're really excited to play that song."

Last edited:
It’s more than music, it’s an experience, all encompassing, full body.
I honestly heard the following in 1997 while on a 3 month backpacking trip around Europe. It was at a pastry place only steps from an Amsterdam Coffee Shop where I had just partaken of their wares and was now enjoying the best blueberry muffin I had ever had. I was with 2 Kiwis who I had traveled with for a bit. At the table behind us were 4 skinny, goateed fellas smelling vaguely of patchouli oil and pretension. They were following the Grateful Dead-lite group Phish around the continent. Phish fans make the same arguments as Grateful Dead fans do about the experience And other claptrap.

Anyway, one of our pretentious, twee neighbors said using all his 19 year old wisdom - “Sometimes I feel the band with my body and sometimes I feel them with my mind. I’m waiting for the time when I feel them with my body ... and my mind”

Even stoned out of my mind, I will forever remember that comment as the silliest, most eye-rolling thing I’ve ever heard

I honestly heard the following in 1997 while on a 3 month backpacking trip around Europe. It was at a pastry place only steps from an Amsterdam Coffee Shop where I had just partaken of their wares and was now enjoying the best blueberry muffin I had ever had. I was with 2 Kiwis who I had traveled with for a bit. At the table behind us were 4 skinny, goateed fellas smelling vaguely of patchouli oil and pretension. They were following the Grateful Dead-lite group Phish around the continent. Phish fans make the same arguments as Grateful Dead fans do about the experience And other claptrap.

Anyway, one of our pretentious, twee neighbors said using all his 19 year old wisdom - “Sometimes I feel the band with my body and sometimes I feel them with my mind. I’m waiting for the time when I feel them with my body ... and my mind”

Even stoned out of my mind, I will forever remember that comment as the silliest, most eye-rolling thing I’ve ever heard

LMAO. Classic.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Super Tramp - without a doubt, the worst group ever;
Styx
Bee Gees
Bon Jovi ( and I’m from Jersey!)
Boston
Little River Band ( and my wife LOVES them - help!)
Steely Dan

I know OP said band, but since Billy Joel and Madonna got thrown into this, Bryan Adams is #1 for me. Summer of '69 is the worst.

I will change the station (or skip on apple music) if the Stones, Rush, or Steppenwolf comes on (father-in law thinks he is easy rider; SPOILER: he isn't).

Reactions: 83wuzme
what-you-talkin-bout-willis-sound-clip-54343823.png

I don't really like Supertramp but it has a special place in my heart. Breakfast in America was the first album I ever owned. Before that, I always had to listen to my older siblings records. I think I got it for Christmas.

Reread the post; they’re not looking for the lgreatest, most talented, most prolific band of all time. LOL
The Beatles were a boring, overproduced, boy band.
I realize that is an unpopular opinion, but I really don't give a shit. The Rolling Stones were/are better. I won't debate the matter. It is, after all, just opinion. Time to move on. I had a hard day's night and I need some rest. :)

IT's nothing against the people. I'm simply discussing their music and how my head seemingly is ready to explode when they come on the radio. Moves like Jagger is arguably the worst song in the history of music.

Also, to the person who sent a cover of a Prince song, that's a Prince song.

LdN

I think he was helping my point that the guy is crazy talented but his band sucks ass.

The Beatles were a boring, overproduced, boy band.
I realize that is an unpopular opinion, but I really don't give a shit. The Rolling Stones were/are better. I won't debate the matter. It is, after all, just opinion. Time to move on. I had a hard day's night and I need some rest. :)
I got kicked off the bonnaroo board for sharing this sentiment pre Paul 2013. My turncoat Son1 told me Paul was AMAZING.

Super Tramp - without a doubt, the worst group ever;
Styx
Bee Gees
Bon Jovi ( and I’m from Jersey!)
Boston
Little River Band ( and my wife LOVES them - help!)
Steely Dan

I thought Supertramp was horrible but I found a copy of breakfast in America in my collection and it's really not bad. Side 1 is pretty awesome actually. Or maybe I'm just starved for good new music.

No to all the hair bands, White Snake, Poison etc, not into Yes. Can't understand the Steely Dan hatred, but that's what makes the world a unique place. Not all of us are lemmings, most, but not all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT