ADVERTISEMENT

Backdraft Witness Protection Thread

I don’t care about the color of your stripes. That was an awesome match. Congrats to Beard for a hard-fought win.

And here’s to Dean for a little extra motivation to take 2023 by storm.
giphy.gif

I agree, great bout. My only complaint is I don’t think they were fair on how they called stalling.

But what do I know…
There was also a little home cooking in both matches with coaches throwing in the challenge brick at the right time to give their wrestlers a breather. Max has no gas tank issues. If you gonna lose these tight matches better do it early and learn from your mistakes. With Ferrari looking like he isn't wrestling this year, I still Max wins the NC come March. The guy is a stone cold killer!

Bottom line is Max is a stud and we are lucky to have him. My hat's off the Michael he was a man on a mission.

197 is turning into quite the meat grinder with the top 6 or so, very close to parity.

Max will always have a challenge with bigger framed lankier opponents and both of these last two matches he looked undersized despite this being his second year at the weight. I think it is a combination of Max indeed still being undersized, and both of these last two matches he wrestled giants. Beard is big and jacked. So too Laird, he was a monster.

I will not be surprised in the slightest if Max loses 2 more times this year.

Tournaments however, are a different animal, and once again if he goes into March healthy he will be better prepared than any other wrestler his weight and ready to roll. He will still have a few nail biters at nationals and could finish anywhere in the AA field, but if I were forced to put money down, he would be my #1 choice, independent of my loyalties.

PS - any potential points lost look to be more than made up by SVN - he is looking really good.

PSS - icing on that triple layer cake to be provided by Beau and Alex

Last edited:
Reactions: papa_ed and hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT