ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling B1G Tournament Pre-seeds

I’m so confused. I got Life of Riley, but the other lyrics aren’t from a Lightning Seeds song that I’m familiar with.

And sorry, Roar, for messing with your thread. :)

I’m so confused. I got Life of Riley, but the other lyrics aren’t from a Lightning Seeds song that I’m familiar with.

And sorry, Roar, for messing with your thread. :)
I like seeds with a few wrestlers missing. Too soon

Ducked Kennedy and thus has only 1 B1G loss and the coaches didn't have the stones to ding him for it (since he's a 2x AA, returning B1G finalist)
Absolutely ridiculous. Doesn’t matter if he was injured or not, he didn’t wrestle the matches.

Reactions: ccdiver
Absolutely ridiculous. Doesn’t matter if he was injured or not, he didn’t wrestle the matches.
Nomad has been harping on counting matches where the starter for one team showed up and the other didn't as a L for the one who didn't for a long time and I'm starting to agree with him here. It would hurt someone like Brooks or RBY but it matters less for them since you know, if anything them getting placed randomly in the field (possibly as a 4 seed even) would just be bad news of others not them.

Reactions: moug and nitlion6
Agree to disagree here, Paddy is just a scary name because he was a former #1 PFP recruit at this point. Nothing about his actual college performance makes me think it's anything but a grind it out decision win for Cobe.
True, but Gallagher did take Robb to the brink in the dual. Maybe that’s a one off.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Nomad has been harping on counting matches where the starter for one team showed up and the other didn't as a L for the one who didn't for a long time and I'm starting to agree with him here. It would hurt someone like Brooks or RBY but it matters less for them since you know, if anything them getting placed randomly in the field (possibly as a 4 seed even) would just be bad news of others not them.
I don’t think it needs to be counted as a loss I just think there needs to be common sense applied beyond just conference records.

And this is the problem with anything driven purely by formulas. If you dumped Brooks or RBY to 4th because they sat out matches, they don’t care. But the guy who would have been #2 gets to be #1 and surprise! Gets a guy like Brooks or RBY in semis vs finals. Go from the bright lights of the finals and the worst case silver medal to wrestle backs just to be keep your high Nationals seed (in BIGs) or to be a high All American (at Nationals) after your dream of gold was shattered early.

Need a system that allows for common sense AND voters willing to use common sense.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Apologies if this is utter lunacy--I don't think I've thought of it before, nor seen it ripped apart publicly: What if we seeded just to number two, and had those athletes draft their halves of the bracket on a pre-show on Thursday night?

Agree to disagree here, Paddy is just a scary name because he was a former #1 PFP recruit at this point. Nothing about his actual college performance makes me think it's anything but a grind it out decision win for Cobe.
Agree to disagree (and agree with the Iowan). Haines made Paddy look silly, but the rest of his losses are far more respectable:

Chumbley SV-1
Gilcher 5-4
Lewan SV-1
Saldate 5-4
Robb 5-4

He's a lot closer to relevance than the effort we saw. This is a bad draw for Siebrecht.

I agree that the 2 seed is strange, but, he was injured in the match against Kharchala and missed the next 3 weeks. Facundo did not wrestle Hamiti and that could have determined a lot as well.

Reactions: RoarLions1
Hey, let's not all react to the trash person posting garbage...

Here's a relevant wrestling question:
Who are we expecting to default to 6th? Obvious one that comes to mind is Austin Gomez...anyone else? Expected bracket fallout?
Michigan folks seem to think Amine will likely FF out after the Mayfield match

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat
If we go chalk we win...even if all kinds of things go iowas way they'll need non-spencer bonus from at least 3 or 4 others and outside of Woods I don't see it after quarters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT