ADVERTISEMENT

B1G day...down go Sparty, NW, Purdue, Nebraska

Nebraska left their foot off of the gas and left Colorado hang around and gain momentum. Looked like us against OSU last year. Sparty was lucky to win last week and this week their luck ran out.

The Sparty loss makes me so happy. We run the table we are in the CFP. Period. Anything which harms the BIG helps us. Maybe Dantonio can put together another 3-9 season. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Ski and johnmpsu
The west is a gift to Wisconsin at this point. I do think Frost will be ok in time, but he will have to really make an impact in Cali and Texas like the days of old.

and Jeff Brohm, at PU, better get control of his team. They had 2 late hits that kept Eastern Michigan moving to the FG. They also had 1 in last weeks Northwestern game that was huge and led to their loss.
Very undisciplined.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Yep...they easily could be 2-0 right now, but the same DE 2 weeks in a row cost his team.

I can understand maybe taking an extra step and nailing the QB but to stand over top of him, then push him back down and then walk over him all right in front of the Ref is just stupidity. He should be benched. He's cost his team 2 wins. If I was a teammate I would not be very happy with him.

The Sparty loss makes me so happy. We run the table we are in the CFP. Period. Anything which harms the BIG helps us. Maybe Dantonio can put together another 3-9 season. Fingers crossed.
As long as one of the 3 wins is over Harbaugh and scUM I'll second the motion!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I am glad Michigan State lost because I never understood why a lot of so-called "experts" talk like they are on the same level as Penn State right now.
I think it has something to do with Penn State's "loss" at Mich State last year which was a total fluke.

The ONLY reason Penn State lost at Michigan State last year was due to that 4-hour weather delay. A home team in a situation like that has a huge advantage in waiting for the game to re-start.
Visiting team locker rooms are known for being terrible places in comparison to the luxury accommodations of home team locker rooms.
I look for Penn State to beat them at home this year by a larger margin than the blowout over them two years ago.

Yep...they easily could be 2-0 right now, but the same DE 2 weeks in a row cost his team.
It wasn't the same DL. Last week was Neal. This week was a true soph LB. But you're right we need to be more disciplined for sure. Although the call yesterday on the sack had to be made, I don't think it was intentional. He was trying to get back up the same time as their QB and it ended up being a push. Frustrating. But great win yesterday. It's clearly a two horse race in the East.

Dantonio is a guy I like to see losing.
Even though we like to see him lose I'd rather see the B10 teams go undefeated OOC then us beat them so it makes us look better. Then again, Sparty's loss shouldn't hurt conference perception much since it's on the road by 3 points and it looks like ASU may be decent this year.

Even though we like to see him lose I'd rather see the B10 teams go undefeated OOC then us beat them so it makes us look better. Then again, Sparty's loss shouldn't hurt conference perception much since it's on the road by 3 points and it looks like ASU may be decent this year.

NW and Fitzgerald are in trouble with Thorson still being kind of iffy.
Brohm needs to get control of the Purdue team. They have 2 losses because of incredibly stupid personal foul penalties.
Nebraska looked the best, they seem to have an actual defense.

Tell that to the Selection Committee. Why would they take us over a 1 loss Alabama/Georgia, undefeated Notre Dame, and 1 loss Clemson, Oklahoma, Washington, TCU, or West Virginia if we haven't played anyone good? If you haven't figured out yet that they will try to find every way possible to screw us, you've been living in loony tunes land.

After that Notre Dame win over Michigan, it is imperative that Ohio State crush TCU this weekend. Otherwise, we won't only be looking at the backside of Notre Dame, all things being equal, but the Big 12 too.

If all you want is an NFL type of setup where we hope that everyone we play loses, we might as well just go back to using the Rose Bowl as our ultimate goal. Screw National Championships.

PSU, Indiana and Iowa all beat Power 5 foes so it kinda balances out.

We'll see what happens this upcoming week -- tOSU versus TCU will have a big impact on how the Big Ten conference is perceived. Also, Purdue has a chance to make a statement if they can defeat an SEC foe. Also, Rutgers, Wisconsin and Illinois has games that can make the conference look better if they win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT