ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
What is the lowest seed to make the CFP? I think they were 12-14 when ranking first came out, they are 10 now and beating #1 Georgia 17-7.

They have a nice looking team on both sides of the ball. The Iron bowl is going to be a good matchup this year and winner could be in the CFP.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
What is the lowest seed to make the CFP? I think they were 12-14 when ranking first came out, they are 10 now and beating #1 Georgia 17-7.

They have a nice looking team on both sides of the ball. The Iron bowl is going to be a good matchup this year and winner could be in the CFP.

Georgia is finding out life outside the SEC East is not so easy. Probably should have lost at ND if the Irish offense had gelled earlier.....but showing today they're one dimensional and have zero passing game.

I know the Tigers are playing Georgia, not Georgia Tech, but I would nevertheless like to see them turn Georgia into a Wreck. Now that the Lions have two losses, I would like to see a bunch of other top ranked teams pick up a loss or two and really throw a monkey wrench into the playoff picture.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I know there’s a lot of football to be played, but trying to figure out who to root for today surrounding our bowl placement (too lazy to find other thread). I assume best for GA to win?

I know the Tigers are playing Georgia, not Georgia Tech, but I would nevertheless like to see them turn Georgia into a Wreck. Now that the Lions have two losses, I would like to see a bunch of other top ranked teams pick up a loss or two and really throw a monkey wrench into the playoff picture.

PSU has zero chance to make the CFP.. The best win is going to be a very average Michigan team..

Reactions: fastlax16
I know there’s a lot of football to be played, but trying to figure out who to root for today surrounding our bowl placement (too lazy to find other thread). I assume best for GA to win?

PSU will be no worse than 12 this week with MSU getting pummeled and Washington losing to an unranked team. With 2 more weeks of games plus conference title games, it would be awfully hard to imagine a PSU team that wins out not sitting comfortably inside the top 10.

From there, bowl fate will depend on where Wisconsin and OSU sit. If both are outside the playoff, it may be hard to crack the NY6 bowls IF the B1G title game is close and OSU wins. If OSU loses, they're out of top 10.

Possible NY6 games would be the Orange, Cotton, Fiesta or Peach....depending on which conferences are represented in playoff.

Worst scenario if we're left out of NY6 is Citrus Bowl against 3rd SEC draw

Reactions: psu2016
Now Auburn 30. Georgia 7. 3rd quarter.

Georgia looks pretty average so far.

Road games are tough even for everyone. Auburn is much more battle tested as well. ND has improved since the loss to UGA; UGA has remained the same one-dimensional team. Not being able to run does suck, but you HAVE to be able to throw in the event you are down a couple touchdowns.

30-7 now. Plenty of time...

PSU has zero chance to make the CFP.. The best win is going to be a very average Michigan team..
That's correct - but whenever a one- or two-loss team goes down our odds of a major bowl go up. So there is still something to root for in other games.

Announcers are stumping for a two loss auburn team to make the CFP.

What if Auburn loses to Bama, then Bama gets thumped by Georgia? Assuming Wisky folds like expected, could the B1G and the SEC both get locked out of the playoff?

If they win out, it's not crazy to say that. But no one wants to wait and let it play out, everyone just wants to lose their minds right now. If they win out, they deserve to be in.

And of course, an 8-team playoff solves all of this shit. Yet for some reason we have to wait for some team to get completely screwed before they do it. That is what this country is, a mushroom cloud has to exist before anyone does what obviously needs to be done.

* The exception to this is gun control. Everyone sees it, nothing gets done.

If they win out, it is possible. That would mean beating Bama, and Georgia in a rematch.

Of course, they better be cheering against Miami and Wisconsin too. Hurricanes will skyrocket with a win over ND tonight and the ACC CCG will be for a playoff spot at that point. Wisky got their ranked win today and set up for a ranked win vs Michigan next. If they take care of business against the darling Buckeyes in the CCG, can't see them being denied either.

If they win out, it's not crazy to say that. But no one wants to wait and let it play out, everyone just wants to lose their minds right now. If they win out, they deserve to be in.

And of course, an 8-team playoff solves all of this shit. Yet for some reason we have to wait for some team to get completely screwed before they do it. That is what this country is, a mushroom cloud has to exist before anyone does what obviously needs to be done.

* The exception to this is gun control. Everyone sees it, nothing gets done.

If they win out , the precedent set last year says bama goes over them.

Watching Georgia .... they'd get waxed by ND now and would lose to any team that can stop the run

I know the QB is a true freshman, But he was terrible today.

If they win out , the precedent set last year says bama goes over them.
So you are going to put all your eggs in a precedent statement? There is no concrete criteria, the committee does whatever the hell they want. The people on the committee are not the same year to year so trying to glean anything from precedents is immaterial.

Wow!!! We screwed up against MSU. We’d be #2 right now with two formidable, but beatable, opponents remaining.

Reactions: psu00
And Chef Herb’s OL looks more than decent.

Did you see how long the Auburn QB had to throw the ball, "all day" plus that split screen for a TD with the Auburn OL running down the field 40 yards to block.

Way to go "Herb Hand"....your OL dominated the #1 team in the country!

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
Coaches screwed up the OSU game, players screwed up the MSU game. The MSU game screwup hurt us a whole lot more.

Coaches screwed up the OSU game, players screwed up the MSU game. The MSU game screwup hurt us a whole lot more.

First down from the 7 YL and run "3 RO" game was over then, even though we lead by 11.

Did you see how long the Auburn QB had to throw the ball, "all day" plus that split screen for a TD with the Auburn OL running down the field 40 yards to block.

Way to go "Herb Hand"....your OL dominated the #1 team in the country!

So you are saying that the coaches whom were fired as scapegoats in the deepest depths of sanctions, with DL converted to merely field a starting OL that didn't include walk ons, with a much maligned QB and the damned if we do, damned if we don't that involved how we treated him, might not be that bad?

Hindsight. 20/20. Hell, that bowl game where Trace made his debut as a RS FR was very telling.

So you are going to put all your eggs in a precedent statement? There is no concrete criteria, the committee does whatever the hell they want. The people on the committee are not the same year to year so trying to glean anything from precedents is immaterial.

Was being sarcastic. No one knows what the hell the committee will do. They make things up to justify their decisions.

Reactions: rmem
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT