ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Poll 10/2

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
Kind of interesting...

Bama just Georgia for the top spot
Somehow Clemson didn't jump Michigan
Penn State up 2 spots to 10 but the lowest ranked of the unbeatens that are considered contenders
Kansas, TCU, UCLA and Kansas State went from unranked to 17-20 lol
Really weak year this season after the top 12 or 14

It's interesting that some of the big players in recruiting have fallen out of the polls. Granted Bama, Georgia, and Ohio St recruit at another level and so far have held their spots albeit with a couple of close calls.

But Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Florida, and some others are all probably top 10 in talent composite yet unranked. Wonder if any of those elite recruits at those schools are starting to look around thinking they might be wasting their talents at those schools?

It's interesting that some of the big players in recruiting have fallen out of the polls. Granted Bama, Georgia, and Ohio St recruit at another level and so far have held their spots albeit with a couple of close calls.

But Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Florida, and some others are all probably top 10 in talent composite yet unranked. Wonder if any of those elite recruits at those schools are starting to look around thinking they might be wasting their talents at those schools?
Players might be patient at Texas (knowing Ewers will be back) and Oklahoma...even Florida but if I was at A&M I'd be getting away from Jimbo. Although they probably aren't going to give up those NIL deals.

Players might be patient at Texas (knowing Ewers will be back) and Oklahoma...even Florida but if I was at A&M I'd be getting away from Jimbo. Although they probably aren't going to give up those NIL deals.
Notre Dame also still has Clemson, USC, BYU, and a suddenly 5-0 Syracuse as ranked opponents. I doubt BC or Stanford clip them but right now I would peg them as a 5 or 6 loss team and unranked for the year.

Notre Dame also still has Clemson, USC, BYU, and a suddenly 5-0 Syracuse as ranked opponents. I doubt BC or Stanford clip them but right now I would peg them as a 5 or 6 loss team and unranked for the year.
Couldn't agree more. They really struggled against Cal too. It should be interesting to see how they do against BYU with 2 weeks to prepare

Looking at the AP:

SEC has 4 in the top 10 and 7 ranked (zero 1 loss unranked)

Big 10 has 3 in the top 10 and 3 ranked (Maryland, Illinois, and Minnesota unranked with 1 loss)

ACC has 1 in the top 10 and 4 ranked (FSU, Duke, and UNC unranked with 1 loss)

Big 12 has 1 in the top 10 and 4 ranked (zero 1 loss unranked)

PAC 12 has 1 in the top 10 and 5 ranked (only Wash St with 1 loss unranked and they also have the 2 highest ranked 1 loss teams)

The only non-power 5 teams ranked are 4-1 BYU and 4-1 Cincinnati

Which leads me to question, why are All 1 loss SEC and Big 12 teams ranked and only 1 ACC 1 loss team unranked, while ALL 3 of the 1 loss teams in the Big 10 unranked and 3 of 5 of the ACC 1 loss teams unranked?

Here's my answers:
SEC will always get the benefit of the doubt and has likely earned it

Big 10 just has different 1 loss teams than were expected, ie Wisconsin and Michigan St suck but maybe Maryland, Illinois, and Minnesota are better than anticipated but not getting respect yet.

The PAC 10 and Big 12 are way over-rated and I don't understand why. Neither have earned it. The ACC may be a little over-rated without deserving it as well.

Looking at the AP:

Big 10 has 3 in the top 10 and 3 ranked (Maryland, Illinois, and Minnesota unranked with 1 loss)

PAC 12 has 1 in the top 10 and 5 ranked (only Wash St with 1 loss unranked and they also have the 2 highest ranked 1 loss teams)

Which leads me to question, why are All 1 loss SEC and Big 12 teams ranked and only 1 ACC 1 loss team unranked, while ALL 3 of the 1 loss teams in the Big 10 unranked and 3 of 5 of the ACC 1 loss teams unranked?

Here's my answers:

Big 10 just has different 1 loss teams than were expected, ie Wisconsin and Michigan St suck but maybe Maryland, Illinois, and Minnesota are better than anticipated but not getting respect yet.

The PAC 10 and Big 12 are way over-rated and I don't understand why. Neither have earned it. The ACC may be a little over-rated without deserving it as well.
I largely agree. Kansas, Kansas State and TCU were unranked until this week. They kind of forced everyone's hand. Just like Syracuse. This is the time of year bad teams are always ranked then they play to expectations

Looking at the AP:

Here's my answers:

The other thing that was interesting in AP Poll is that 'Ole Miss jumped 5 spots in AP after beating Kentucky. PSU only moved up one spot to 10 despite 2 top-ten teams losing.... so 'Ole Miss effectively supplants Kentucky in front of PSU in the polls going from 3 behind PSU to 1 in front... IMO that demonstrates a clear SEC-Media bias in the voting (the AP is a Media Poll).

Reactions: Online Persona
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT