ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Auburn officials

Little J

Sep 17, 2001
Ahh - it would not be college football without discussion on refereeing.
Last years Auburn matchup at PSU had an SEC officiating crew that was very bad - dare I say one sided, taking a down away from Penn State was only one of several seemingly bias calls.

Can it be confirmed that this year the refs in the game will be Big 10? Not that we think that Penn State has done much better with Big 10 conference refs in the past, but they have to be better than an SEC crew. Have to give last years SEC crew credit though in that they had the balls to be as blatant as they were in a hostile environment.

Last years Auburn matchup at PSU had an SEC officiating crew that was very bad - dare I say one sided, taking a down away from Penn State was only one of several seemingly bias calls.

Can it be confirmed that this year the refs in the game will be Big 10? Not that we think that Penn State has done much better with Big 10 conference refs in the past, but they have to be better than an SEC crew. Have to give last years SEC crew credit though in that they had the balls to be as blatant as they were in a hostile environment.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of the officiating in last years game. I thought the SEC crew did a pretty credible job.

Auburn was penalized 6 times for 45 yards and PSU was penalized 5 times for just 30 yards. The officials also hit Auburn with a targeting penalty causing them to lose a player.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of the officiating in last years game. I thought the SEC crew did a pretty credible job.

Auburn was penalized 6 times for 45 yards and PSU was penalized 5 times for just 30 yards. The officials also hit Auburn with a targeting penalty causing them to lose a player.
1, 2, 4. Yep, credible as hell.

My prediction is that the BIG officials will show the SEC officials how it's done when it comes to screwing over PSU!

Agreed but you cannot allow only 3 downs on national TV. HS refs wouldn’t mess that up
Sh*t happens. If a crew get 90% of the calls right I think it's a good job. I think they got near all of it right except for the lost down which was inconsequential to the outcome of the game. Where was the coaching staff on that? Asleep at the switch?

Sh*t happens. If they get 90% of the calls right I think its a good job. I think they got near all of it right except for the lost down which was inconsequential to the outcome of the game. Where was the coaching staff on that? Asleep at the switch?
If I remember correctly the coaching staff was confused and questioned the 3 down series.

Sh*t happens. If a crew get 90% of the calls right I think it's a good job. I think they got near all of it right except for the lost down which was inconsequential to the outcome of the game. Where was the coaching staff on that? Asleep at the switch?
Judgement calls are forgivable.
Screwing up the number of down is unforgivable and simply incompetent.

Dude, the officials were so bad they specifically made an SEC Short about it

You're kidding me, right? Except for the Nebraske game 30 years ago, I've never seen a crew miss a down. In their defense,there wasn't replay back then. And BTW, Franklin was arguing with the refs about it during the time out. He was in the refs face and jumping up and down.

As for the intentional grounding, Clifford was under no pressure. In all of my years watching football, I've never seen a call like that before. Now... tell me the aggregious calls that went against Auburn. Remember, calls were 90% correct, and everything equals out.

Can anyone explain why there was a ten second run off and clock started on put to play in Clemson game while there was no run off and clock was stopped in LSU game?

Can anyone explain why there was a ten second run off and clock started on put to play in Clemson game while there was no run off and clock was stopped in LSU game?
I didn’t see the game but the LSU game call was correct. Replay confirmed the kid came down in bounds meaning the clock should have continues to run. . But it was a first down, stopping the clock until put back into play. Then FSU called a time out so the clock started on the snap. The only miss was not seeing the kids knee came down before going OOB but understandable

Reactions: Woodpecker
I didn’t see the game but the LSU game call was correct. Replay confirmed the kid came down in bounds meaning the clock should have continues to run. . But it was a first down, stopping the clock until put back into play. Then FSU called a time out so the clock started on the snap. The only miss was not seeing the kids knee came down before going OOB but understandable
FSU didn't call time out until after the referee stated that the clock would start on the snap. I agree with the premise of clock stopping until spotted.

FSU didn't call time out until after the referee stated that the clock would start on the snap. I agree with the premise of clock stopping until spotted.
That's right. I brought it up because, by FSU calling timeout, the clock did not start on the ref's whistle but when the ball was snapped. It should have started on the whistle, after the replay and ruling, but FSU called TO which caused the clock to start on the snap. With one second left, the team would have been consumed with getting the play off and I am not sure calling timeout and letting the offense organize was a smart move by FSU in that case.

ADVERTISEMENT