ADVERTISEMENT

Article on why police won't release records in Smith case.

Gnat91

Dec 28, 2016
Jacksonville FL.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...o-state-zach-smith-police-20180816-story.html

"Vest said his agency decided not to charge Smith after consulting with the county prosecutor's office. Delaware County Prosecutor Carol O'Brien, however, said her office only handles felony cases and, once it decided no felony charges were merited in 2015, had no influence on whether Powell police charged Smith with misdemeanor domestic violence."

"I don't know why there wasn't a criminal charge" in 2015, O'Brien said. "I only know why there was no felony criminal charge."

Reactions: ImaWright
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...o-state-zach-smith-police-20180816-story.html

"Vest said his agency decided not to charge Smith after consulting with the county prosecutor's office. Delaware County Prosecutor Carol O'Brien, however, said her office only handles felony cases and, once it decided no felony charges were merited in 2015, had no influence on whether Powell police charged Smith with misdemeanor domestic violence."

"I don't know why there wasn't a criminal charge" in 2015, O'Brien said. "I only know why there was no felony criminal charge."

Seems like its going to be a round table of passing the buck. (no pun intended on the buck part).

#Everyoneinohioknew

Seems like its going to be a round table of passing the buck. (no pun intended on the buck part).
correct. This is what prosecutors do....muddy up the water so you have trouble finding a target. Fact is, these are the public's records. They should be made public. She should have to defend why no felony charges were brought. I don't know if they should have or not, just that the data to make that decision should be made available.

Vest? Is Jim Tressel leading this investigation?

Reactions: Gnat91 and sluggo72
Vest? Is Jim Tressel leading this investigation?
Why not? He was deemed qualified to lead a major university in Ohio just after tOSU couldn’t keep him as its football coach for not reporting what he learned about player misdeeds. Who better to lead an investigation of others in and around tOSU football when so many in Ohio hope for minimal finding or reporting of misdeeds? Seems he’d be a great choice!

I’m obviously joking, but playing with that logic was an interesting exercise...

Reactions: PSUPride1
Looks like Prosecutor O’Brien is trying to put some spin on it now after a few days, now stating that her office only handles “felony” cases. A few days ago, O’Brien who prides herself as an advocate for those suffering from domestic violence, said she didn’t know why misdemeanor assault or other charges were not filed in the case at the time her office discussed the issue with law enforcement, and that she was disturbed by the lack of follow through (possibly by the victim being talked out of pressing other charges). Sounds like she knows more details about the original case than she is willing to admit, because if she knew about it in depth back then, why didn’t she try to convince law enforcement about bringing some other type of charges she could actually act on, especially since she is such a supposed advocate for domestic abuse victims. She should have been on this like a fly on you know what.

Looks like Prosecutor O’Brien is trying to put some spin on it now after a few days, now stating that her office only handles “felony” cases. A few days ago, O’Brien who prides herself as an advocate for those suffering from domestic violence, said she didn’t know why misdemeanor assault or other charges were not filed in the case at the time her office discussed the issue with law enforcement, and that she was disturbed by the lack of follow through (possibly by the victim being talked out of pressing other charges). Sounds like she knows more details about the original case than she is willing to admit, because if she knew about it in depth back then, why didn’t she try to convince law enforcement about bringing some other type of charges she could actually act on, especially since she is such a supposed advocate for domestic abuse victims. She should have been on this like a fly on you know what.

I don't know.. . .Why are we on week two of an investigation into a lying, scumbag, wife beater harboring coach? Both good questions, I guess.

Reactions: PSUPride1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT