ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently Penn State is partly responsible for Michigan’s beatdown by OSU

Big 0

Jun 28, 2001
According to a Detroit Free Press article, Meatchicken was lulled to sleep by playing slow, weak B10 teams (Penn State one of the ones mentioned) and just wasn’t prepared for the southern type speed of duhOSU. My question to the uninformed writer would be is why did Purdue, Penn State and Maryland give Ohio State a hard time?

OSU could have easily had 3 losses going into the Meatchicken game and still would have curbstomped the mighty Wolverines. Many of the B10 teams have close to the amount of speed that OSU has. It’s just that the B10 officials decided to start calling defensive pass interference and defensive holding against the UM DB’s rendering them and Meatchicken’s defense ineffective. In their other B10 matchups UM got away with this tactic. If you hold on and grab the receivers, they can’t get separation, which makes the pass rush more effective as there is more time to get to the QB. Girly Hair was a disappearing act for much of the game. The reporter missed this fact, or ignored it, blaming Meatchicken’s ineptitude on the rest of the B10 teams.

Because it's not acceptable to say genius Harbaugh was totally unprepared for OSU. The guy (Harbaugh) believes his own hype and that's a recipe for disaster. Meyer owns him. I don't normally watch ESPN but this morning I happened to see a couple minutes of a college football recap show with Finebaum. He claims Harbaugh will never beat OSU as long as Meyer is there.

This mentality - that the big 2 are the only meaningful teams in the conference - is precisely why I have always hated the b1g (and will continue to do so).

Grant it, we haven’t done anything consistently to render their lovefest with the big 2 meaningless, but damn, the arrogance of the Midwest mentality is just too much!

Hey remember we were only down 13-0 in the third quarter vs Michigan. A crappy chop block call and missed TD pass changed the complexity of the game. Young teams make mistakes that cost them games and this was the case with us this year.

Reactions: Cosmos
According to a Detroit Free Press article, Meatchicken was lulled to sleep by playing slow, weak B10 teams (Penn State one of the ones mentioned) and just wasn’t prepared for the southern type speed of duhOSU. My question to the uninformed writer would be is why did Purdue, Penn State and Maryland give Ohio State a hard time?

OSU could have easily had 3 losses going into the Meatchicken game and still would have curbstomped the mighty Wolverines. Many of the B10 teams have close to the amount of speed that OSU has. It’s just that the B10 officials decided to start calling defensive pass interference and defensive holding against the UM DB’s rendering them and Meatchicken’s defense ineffective. In their other B10 matchups UM got away with this tactic. If you hold on and grab the receivers, they can’t get separation, which makes the pass rush more effective as there is more time to get to the QB. Girly Hair was a disappearing act for much of the game. The reporter missed this fact, or ignored it, blaming Meatchicken’s ineptitude on the rest of the B10 teams.

Someone had difficulty filling the assigned column inches and found inspiration in his morning dump.

You're listening to the opinion of someone who lives in Detroit by choice.

Reactions: We Are . . .
Teams like Indiana and Northwestern played Michigan very tight. Nothing about those games said "Michigan was a dominant team" regardless of what any fan or talking head said or wrote. Perhaps too much credit was given for how our Lions played in Ann Arbor: Trace was a one legged man, our game plan was to minimize the loss, our defense was on the field for 35-40 minutes.

Regardless of how sloppy this year's Buckeyes have been, the talent on the roster is undeniable.

OSU deserves a lot of credit for that beatdown! Their coaching staff was able to make adjustments and the kids really responded.

I believe michigan pays hairball a princely sum to not be lulled asleep heading into their rivalry game with a b1g east title, b1g championship game berth, and playoff berth on the line, but that's just me.

Reactions: Bertway0

Couldn’t agree with you more. Did girly hair do anything at all - she was completely neutralized. Rashan Gary was (per usual) a non factor. Pick anyone on that ‘vaunted’ D and they were MIA. Take away their DB holding and it unwraps the enigma.

Michigan just needs to get faster players.

I think they were lulled asleep by OSU laying down against Maryland for the purpose of lulling Michigan to sleep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT