ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching Clemson-Duke? 7-6 @ half

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Is it another hang with a top 10 team for a half and then come back to earth or does Duke have a punchers chance here?

Reactions: Psugraddad
I picked Duke to face FSU in the ACC Championship game this season. They won nine games in their first season under Mike Elko and brought most of their starters back, including the QB who just scored. Clemson has struggled, but I think the Blue Devils are legit.

Usually I'd expect Clemson to pull.away but Clemson doesn't seem to be Clemson the last couple years.

Klubnik has been very disappointing. Expectations for him were at least as high as Allar. Probably higher.

Hopefully Duke hangs onto this 21-7 lead. Clemson should be in control, but looks to be fumbling away this game.

Reactions: Online Persona
Clemson looking like Duke earlier with 2 fumbles in goal to go situations. Last one Duke returns to Clemson's 35 and they score a td and 2 pt conversion to go up 21-7

Not sure that I see #3 QB prospect in the Duke kid. Nothing thrown down the field over 10 yards. Kid is a leader though.

Clemson WRs have been disappointing. No wonder Klubnik couldn't overtake DJ last year. Little Riley hasn't done anything for the offense. I wonder if this is a spot where Dabo's dislike of the portal has hurt them?

And a pick. Duke ball. 5 minutes to grind.

That's game folks. Duke really took advantage of a very sloppy Clemson.

Loss takes the shine off the matchup with FSU. FSU might blow Clemson out of the building.

Strange targeting call. Never saw that called as a dead ball call. And turning it over on downs was huge.
he gave himself up on 4th down. Dead ball foul. If first second or third down, it would have been the same 15 yard penalty with Clemson retaining the ball.

It’s about what down it is.

Last edited:
I think the moving truck is warming up to take Dabo and fam to Tuscaloosa.

Not if Clemson continues like this. Two very average football teams. I know it’s game one, but if that is two of the top teams in the ACC, ouch.

The qb is the most important position in both college and the nfl. Clemson was elite with Watson or Lawrence at qb. Without that elite qb they are mere mortals.

I think the moving truck is warming up to take Dabo and fam to Tuscaloosa.
"Not so fast my friend". How about if Coach Prime completely turns Colorado around and next year they contend in the Big X11? Him and Saban have that commercial relationship. Just a thought, maybe way out in left field.

Not if Clemson continues like this. Two very average football teams. I know it’s game one, but if that is two of the top teams in the ACC, ouch.
A few weeks ago, Phil Steele was on Andrew Filliponi's Sunday morning sports gambling show, and I believe that he said that he had Clemson rated as the second best team all around in 2023. So much for that. That program has been on a downward trajectory since the 2021 season; their talent does not compare at all to the talent that was on the field on Sunday night.

A few weeks ago, Phil Steele was on Andrew Filliponi's Sunday morning sports gambling show, and I believe that he said that he had Clemson rated as the second best team all around in 2023. So much for that. That program has been on a downward trajectory since the 2021 season; their talent does not compare at all to the talent that was on the field on Sunday night.
I am shocked at how undisciplined and scattered the Clemson offense is. They used to be one of the best in terms of poise and discipline under Dano. They lost for one reason yesterday and it had only a little to do with Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT