ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone think Maryland is going to beat Iowa Friday Night?

I think that media types pick Maryland to upset teams because they remember them beating Texas a few years back with that dude named "Pig" or whatever at quarterback

Reactions: step.eng69
maryland making halftime adjustments. iowa starts the 2nd half with a 67-yard touchdown. 41-7, corn boys.

Reactions: 19333lion
MD is changing their team name from Terrapins to Circus Ponies. Ho-lee hell! I went to bed at 7-3 MD!

Reactions: step.eng69
And when it was all said and done it was still a smaller margin of victory than any of our last 3 visits to college park.

We will find out how good Iowa’s secondary is.
Not too shabby I'd say. We will certainly find out more next week
I did want to point out from the above, though, that Maryland beat Kent St. 37-16 and Iowa beat them 30-7.

How is Maryland’s 21-point win “beat Kent handily”, but Iowa’s 23-point win is “beat Kent but didn’t kill them”? Seems pretty comparable
My thoughts exactly
Iowa will win 6-4.
That was a great game! I love and really appreciate defensive battles more than most.

If I remember correctly Iowa had to punt from their own 1 yard line likely leading PSU to atleast a FG. Intentionally taking that safety was a great coaching decision for him.

I am looking at this game and thinking Maryland will beat Iowa, and Iowa will start a downward spiral.
in retrospect the game score was a lot different than anyone expected, and probably would not happen again if they played many times. 7 turnovers by MD (although only 5 actually mattered). there was no room for Md to have those kind of issues. Md QB ran more than I thought but Iowa handled that okay. At the start it did look like Iowa had some issues with the WRs for Md, but eventually got control. Md defense was supposed to be sack leader - never saw that materialize.

Maryland actually has a pathway to win this game though...but they need to find a way to get to 24 points, which in my mind is the formula against Iowa in any year, this or otherwise. Penn State did it with 17 a couple years ago, but it usually takes 21 to 24. If Maryland can find a couple big plays and can cause a turnover or 2, then sure, it could happen.
Yep that's funny stuff. We'll see if it's still funny this coming Saturday.

in retrospect the game score was a lot different than anyone expected, and probably would not happen again if they played many times. 7 turnovers by MD (although only 5 actually mattered). there was no room for Md to have those kind of issues. Md QB ran more than I thought but Iowa handled that okay. At the start it did look like Iowa had some issues with the WRs for Md, but eventually got control. Md defense was supposed to be sack leader - never saw that materialize.

Not taking anything from Iowa but this is what Maryland does. They fall apart like a wet paper bag if things start to go sideways on them. Our last 3 trips to college park we’ve won by 59, 63 and 63. Outside of the 59-0 beat down we gave them in 2019 they also had blowout losses of 40-14, 52-10, 73-14, 54-7 and 38-7. My guess is this season plays out similarly for them.

Not taking anything from Iowa but this is what Maryland does. They fall apart like a wet paper bag if things start to go sideways on them. Our last 3 trips to college park we’ve won by 59, 63 and 63. Outside of the 59-0 beat down we gave them in 2019 they also had blowout losses of 40-14, 52-10, 73-14, 54-7 and 38-7. My guess is this season plays out similarly for them.
That’s incredible. I remember during the 2011 season they unveiled their new unis and flag helmet. They had so much hype because of style.

In reality they are arguably the worst program in America. Locksley seems like a sweet man, but his coaching is next level ass.

73-14?

That’s incredible. I remember during the 2011 season they unveiled their new unis and flag helmet. They had so much hype because of style.

In reality they are arguably the worst program in America. Locksley seems like a sweet man, but his coaching is next level ass.

73-14?
well they aren't even close to the worst program in America, that part is silly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT