ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone like Ohio State to win outright tonight??

BFPSU

Aug 26, 2001
I’m seeing the line around -9 tonight but do any of you guys like them to win straight up tonight?...I still think Alabama wins but certainly if they play like they did against Clemson, they can do it.

Last edited:
I’m all in on the crimson tide tonight. But only because I’ll be dying to hear the excuses from our constant Buckeye visiting trolls. That’s if they show up of course after a loss.

Reactions: harbest and psuno1
Would be shocked to see OSU win, largely because I think their back 7 on D will get abused by Bama receivers. But I do think they’ll keep it respectable, as they’ll also put up some points vs Bama D. Predicting Bama wins, 41-31.

I’m all in on the crimson tide tonight. But only because I’ll be dying to hear the excuses from our constant Buckeye visiting trolls. That’s if they show up of course after a loss.

Excuses for a Tosu loss: COVID. o_O and fields’ ribs.

I’m seeing the line around -9 tonight but do any of you guys like them to win straight up tonight?...I still think Alabama wins but certainly if they play like they did against Clemson, they can do it.
Me

I played Alabama at -7 (+100) and think they’ll win by double digits...but Ohio St can obviously beat them if things go their way.

Reactions: nits74
I could see OSU winning. They need a quick start. It seems like Bama hasn't liked getting the proverbial punch in the mouth. There aren't a lot of instances where they have to play from behind but they don't seem comfortable doing it.

I think OSU will have a hard time stopping Alabama.

If OSU plays as well on offense as they did against Clemson, it should be a close, high scoring game.

But as others have noted, it will take some breaks going OSU's way for them to pull out a victory.

If I were to bet on this game, I would consider the over (I'm seeing 75, but would still go over).

Reactions: Bob78
Jesus....thanks for the reminder!!! Lol. I guess at some point throughout the day or night I would have been reminded, but I totally blanked that tonight was the big game. As usual, just rooting for a good game. I hope it's not a blowout either way. I want to be entertained.

Normally I would give them a decent chance but IMHO this is one of the most if not most complete Alabama teams I have seen during the Saban era for all 3 phases of the game...offense/defense/special teams add in an excellent coaching staff and it's going to be very hard to beat them.

Reactions: ewb75 and Bob78
Ohio Stare wins by 50 & Julian Flemimg named MVP!!

1v1i5y.jpg

there have been more rumors about COVID and tOSU going around here. It is so hard to handicap college football, even in the best of times due to the lack of injury reporting. But with COVId it is a free for all.

I think tOSU will be competitive. I like Fields and their skill players. I don't know if they have the D to stop AL though.

I think it will be a very close game but the tide wins by 7.
Agree somewhat close at the beginning but I see Alabama pulling away late. I have Alabama 52 - 35. Just don't think OSU can stop that Alabama offense - just too explosive

This is a tough call. I believe OSU's experienced OL was able to handle Clemson's younger/inexperienced DL and the OSU DL controlled the LOS against an inferior Clemson OL. I think the line battles will be more equal tonight. I expect both teams to score in the upper 20s to mid 30s. Turnovers will tell the final story. OSU, more rested, is definitely able to beat Alabama. I don't have cable so Inwon't be watching, but I expect it will be close all the way through. Whoever comes out on top I think will win by no more than a touchdown.

I think Alabama wins by at least 10, i'd be surprised otherwise. Etienne ran weak against OSU, Najee is more powerful than Travis. Trevor really didn't have the WR's that Alabama has, and he was off. Clemson's best tackler got booted for targeting , and Alabama tackles for keeps.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m rooting for OSU. Tired of hearing about the vaunted SEC and I mean sick and tired. OSU winning does give them an even bigger boost (As if they really need it) but it also can provide a side benefit for us in that we play them every year. You want to play the best then play in the Big Ten and Come To PENN STATE!

Normally I would give them a decent chance but IMHO this is one of the most if not most complete Alabama teams I have seen during the Saban era for all 3 phases of the game...offense/defense/special teams add in an excellent coaching staff and it's going to beat them
While Bama certainly looks impressive, I do have one thing I can’t get out of my head. During this great era, Saban has had just one undefeated team way back in 2009.

Two recent Bama editions (2016 and 2018) also appeared to be behemoths entering the champ game unbeaten only to lose. This isn’t Dabo led Clemson, but just maybe...

Reactions: bwifan
While Bama certainly looks impressive, I do have one thing I can’t get out of my head. During this great era, Saban has had just one undefeated team way back in 2009.

Two recent Bama editions (2016 and 2018) also appeared to be behemoths entering the champ game unbeaten only to lose. This isn’t Dabo led Clemson, but just maybe...
I have watched BAMA a few times this year and only thought their offense was a "behemoth", not their defense. Their defense gave up alot of points. That is their weakness and I believe OSU has the OL, one RB and WRs to exploit BAMA. Remember too that Day - probably to the surprise of Clemson - used their TEs more effectively than OSU had all season. Now BAMA has to game plan for that possibility. This should probably end up as a 1 score victory for the winner.

Last edited:
I will win or lose. I do believe that OSU had a better team last year, especially on D.

Last edited:
Normally I would give them a decent chance but IMHO this is one of the most if not most complete Alabama teams I have seen during the Saban era for all 3 phases of the game...offense/defense/special teams add in an excellent coaching staff and it's going to be very hard to beat them.
Bama’s D is decent, but def not great.

I honestly forgot the game was tonight. My college football brain still shuts down January 1st (with a one time exception for January 2nd).

Agree somewhat close at the beginning but I see Alabama pulling away late. I have Alabama 52 - 35. Just don't think OSU can stop that Alabama offense - just too explosive

Especially if Waddle can play. He might be better than Devota Smith and I’m not kidding.

Rumor is Tommy Togiai and Tyreke Smith are both out for OSU. If true, they will have a tough time stopping Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT