ADVERTISEMENT

Any Comments or Concerns Emmert or Delaney?

I’ve never understood the obsession college footbal fans have with the NCAA president and conference commissioners. Ultimately, they are doing the bidding of their bosses - the universities. If the majority of B1G schools didn’t like what Delaney was doing he’d have been fired at some point in the past 29 years he’s been commissioner. Ditto Emmert - if the NCAA member president signed and ADs were upset they could always fire the guy.

These guys are well-paid to be the face of the hypocritical and unethical dirty work of their member institutions.

I’ve never understood the obsession college footbal fans have with the NCAA president and conference commissioners. Ultimately, they are doing the bidding of their bosses - the universities. If the majority of B1G schools didn’t like what Delaney was doing he’d have been fired at some point in the past 29 years he’s been commissioner. Ditto Emmert - if the NCAA member president signed and ADs were upset they could always fire the guy.

These guys are well-paid to be the face of the hypocritical and unethical dirty work of their member institutions.
It us barely less shameful for B1G Presients to condone Delaney, than it is for UM to harbor a wife beater.

Easy for you to say, you're a Michigan man.

These two suck. If you were a member of an eastern school, prior to joining the B10, you'd better understand the bias.

This conference has always been about Michigan and Ohio State football. You have to know that, be real. Emmert is a sanctimonious blowhard, and Delaney is a OSU/UM shill. At all costs, they both will defend both schools.

You are always respectful when you come here Anison. So I don't mean to rip on you personally. The B10 has never done Penn State any favors, and never defended them as a member. Now there are crickets...

Emmert and Delaney can go to hell.

Last edited:
After their joint outrage at PSU in 2011-12 one would expect a Krakatoaesque explosion over the MSU and even more so the theeeee osu debacles and scandals of the past 20 years. Thousands of sexual abuse accusations, coach harboring wife abusers, possible out of control personalities and who knows how much more swept under the collective rugs of sanctimonious conference members. The louder the outcry in 2011 the more hidden abuses being exposed in 2018 with more exposed daily. Yet perfect, succinct, absolute silence from Delaney and Emertt. How can that be possible? Astounding, breathtakingly outrageous. How much longer can Delaney stay/hide in Peru? Should we send a search party to find him, is Emertt with him? Of course, I'm sure we will eventually hear a comment about Maryland, they are a throw away in all of this much like MSU used to be before PSU joined as the new conference red-headed stepchild relieving the Spartans of the position.

The soapbox stand isn't as elevated, is it? You are after all, the harbingers of all good things student athletes?

Please, your voice is summoned...frauds.
I think they are just two names for the same thing. You know, like “asshole” and “anus”.

Reactions: Locolion
The soapbox stand isn't as elevated, is it? You are after all, the harbingers of all good things student athletes?

Please, your voice is summoned...frauds.[/QUOTE

They both deserve to be called out on all

So that means they shouldn't be called out for their hypocrisy by penn state fans and the media when appropriate for remaining silent on similar sexual misconduct issues post penn state sanctions? That's what fuels the obsession. Should they also not be called to task when they continually look the other way and haphazardly investigate claims of academic fraud and recruiting violations?

Two universitites, at least in the case of Dullanus...

Don’t let’s start regarding Emmert... he’s little more than Milburn Drysdale

Clueless response

So then it was the bidding of the B1G presidents to help hammer Penn State because ONE ambiguous incident committed by a retired employee was brought to the attention of PSU administrators who then reported it outside the university? What would the presidents think if multiple first hand reports of sexual assaults committed by a current employee were made to administrators and coaches then the people making the reports were told to shut up? I'd imagine the presidents would be in an uproar. Let's hope nothing like that ever happens. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Easy for you to say, you're a Michigan man.

These two suck. If you were a member of an eastern school, prior to joining the B10, you'd better understand the bias.

This conference has always been about Michigan and Ohio State football. You have to know that, be real. Emmert is a sanctimonious blowhard, and Delaney is a OSU/UM shill. At all costs, they both will defend both schools.

You are always respectful when you come here Anison. So I don't mean to rip on you personally. The B10 has never done Penn State any favors, and never defended them as a member. Now there are crickets...

Emmert and Delaney can go to hell.
What’s funny is that I posted almost that same post verbatim on the UM board a couple days ago as they were whining about Delaney. Every fan base hates the guy. Every single one. And yet he’s been the commissioner since 1989. UM fans keep whining that our AD isn’t doing enough to push back against their perceived slights and indignities and you guys have complained for years that Delaney only works for two schools and your President ought to get you out of the B1G. Guess what? If the UM AD and the PSU President were so angry with Delaney’s work he’d have been fired.

I dislike the guy as much as you guys do believe it or not. I just recognize he’s doing his bosses’ collective directly work.

Reactions: nits74
So that means they shouldn't be called out for their hypocrisy by penn state fans and the media when appropriate for remaining silent on similar sexual misconduct issues post penn state sanctions? That's what fuels the obsession. Should they also not be called to task when they continually look the other way and haphazardly investigate claims of academic fraud and recruiting violations?
They should absolutely be called out. The reality though is that if you want them out, you’ve got to convince your President and AD. A couple weeks ago, I read this long dissertation about the NCAA at large being on big money grab, the conferences profiting greatly from their TV networks and so on...the article pilloried Emmert, Delaney and others while never once recognizing those guys are doing exactly what their members have asked them to do.

I genuinely dislike the leadership of our conference (hard for many of you guys to believe I’m sure), but as I keep saying if Delaney wasn’t doing exactly what he’s been asked to do they would’ve canned him years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: nits74
So then it was the bidding of the B1G presidents to help hammer Penn State because ONE ambiguous incident committed by a retired employee was brought to the attention of PSU administrators who then reported it outside the university? What would the presidents think if multiple first hand reports of sexual assaults committed by a current employee were made to administrators and coaches and the people making the reports were told to shut up? I'd imagine the presidents would be in an uproar. Let's hope nothing like that ever happens. :rolleyes:
If the B1G presidents had called Delaney and said “Whoa. This is going too far.” That would’ve absolutely changed the response. They didn’t.

If your point is that they are hypocritical and cynical YEAH NO SH!T.

Last edited:

Cant answer for all college football fans but I feel pretty comfortable saying this for Penn State fans. We have some pretty damn good reasons for obsessing and hating on the both
Delaney and Emmert. Recent events at MSU, OSU and now MD and the cricktets echoing in the halls of the NCAA and B1G offices pisses us off to the max. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

And if Delaney doesn't get this Comcast deal figured out he might be out on his ass.:mad::mad::mad:

giphy.gif

Or when a kid died?

Cant answer for all college football fans but I feel pretty comfortable saying this for Penn State fans. We have some pretty damn good reasons for obsessing and hating on the both
Delaney and Emmert. Recent events at MSU, OSU and now MD and the cricktets echoing in the halls of the NCAA and B1G offices pisses us off to the max. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

And if Delaney doesn't get this Comcast deal figured out he might be out on his ass.:mad::mad::mad:
I’ve been waiting for that last sentence to be true about many circumstances over the years. And yet he endures. It is maddening - and I suppose why I’m resigned to just blaming his bosses for keeping him at this point.

They both are no better than Sandusky In fact in the same category

Clueless? If their member institutions aren’t their bosses then who is?

I believe you meant “inconvenient” response.

Nope. I meant clueless.
If your come to a Penn State board and don’t understand why people here have vitriol towards those two you are clueless.

Reactions: odshowtime
You must have missed it. The Big10 did issue a statement on the MD scandal. Basically saying they will wait for all the facts and the internal investigation to play out to decide if they also need to pile on. As far as a statement on OSU, well still waiting....

Reactions: barley8500
I’ve been waiting for that last sentence to be true about many circumstances over the years. And yet he endures. It is maddening - and I suppose why I’m resigned to just blaming his bosses for keeping him at this point.
I agree with what our posters here are saying, but there is also no denying what you say. It's very much equivalent to the NFL commissioner. He's a scumbag in my view and his salary is obscene , but he'll stay as long as the owners continue to rake in the money. Further, if Penn State's leadership had stood up for the University as opposed to the obsequious approach they have always taken toward the Big Ten, and in this case the NCAA, things might have been different.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown and Anison
Nope. I meant clueless.
If your come to a Penn State board and don’t understand why people here have vitriol towards those two you are clueless.
I completely understand the vitriol. If y’all were about changing things though you’d point some of it at your President and AD (and mine and the other members’) who have allowed this to go on. But that’s inconvenient when you can just rail at those two, right?

Sad. This thread makes a Mich grad look like Alan Turing in comparison to some of our PSU brethren.

Bitterness and resentment will shorten your life. Take a f'ing deep breath and find some positives in our current situation and future outlook. Anger and hate are natural human emotions but you've got to move past them to better yourself.

Last edited:
I completely understand the vitriol. If y’all were about changing things though you’d point some of it at your President and AD (and mine and the other members’) who have allowed this to go on. But that’s inconvenient when you can just rail at those two, right?

Clueless again.
Do you really think vitriol hasn’t been directed at the school’s leadership. There is plenty of virlyruol to go around and they all get and deserve their share.

Reactions: Locolion
Among many PSU faithful there's no love lost for our current president. There has been plenty of vitriol directed at him for a number or reasons. Our AD gets criticism too but that happens everywhere. Besides, I thought the commissioner acted on behalf of the presidents and not the ADs.

Reactions: Anison
Thing is, Anison, it won't make a bit of difference. Penn State leadership does not, and maybe never has, cared what its alumni base thinks. Unless, of course, we're talking about huge donors. Again to your point, it's about money and nothing more.

Clueless again.
Do you really think vitriol hasn’t been directed at the school’s leadership. There is plenty of virlyruol to go around and they all get and deserve their share.
So bringing back full circle...
Your original contention that it was “clueless” to suggest these guys’ bosses deserve our anger as well is supported by *checks your last post* your vitriol also being directed at their bosses?

You just seem angry. No need to engage further.

Among many PSU faithful there's no love lost for our current president. There has been plenty of vitriol directed at him for a number or reasons. Our AD gets criticism too but that happens everywhere. Besides, I thought the commissioner acted on behalf of the presidents and not the ADs.
Works for the Presidents - you are correct. That said, the day-to-day relationship is with the ADs.

Emmert: "The death penalty is unequivocally on the table. We need to reshape their culture so that they never say the culture of hero worship or the culture of sport is ever going to overwhelm our values again."

(I'll never forget that prick's holier-than-thou interview with Bob Ley. Mind you, he was Chancellor of LSU at a time when academics took a back seat to everything. In addition to allegations of grade-changing, there were even claims they had unenrolled people showing up to class to take notes for athletes. Nice culture, you POS hypocrite. If Mark Emmert was on fire, I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him.)

So bringing back full circle...
Your original contention that it was “clueless” to suggest these guys’ bosses deserve our anger as well is supported by *checks your last post* your vitriol also being directed at their bosses?

You just seem angry. No need to engage further.

No, my original contention is that you are clueless if you don’t get why Penn State fans have vitriol towards Delaney and Emmert. You continue to cement my contention.

Emmert: "The death penalty is unequivocally on the table. We need to reshape their culture so that they never say the culture of hero worship or the culture of sport is ever going to overwhelm our values again."

(I'll never forget that prick's holier-than-thou interview with Bob Ley. Mind you, he was Chancellor of LSU at a time when academics took a back seat to everything. In addition to allegations of grade-changing, there were even claims they had unenrolled people showing up to class to take notes for athletes. Nice culture, you POS hypocrite. If Mark Emmert was on fire, I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him.)

At LSU, Emmert made changes to help turn around the football program, saying "success in LSU football is essential for the success of Louisiana State University."

EMMERT HYPOCRISY

LOL, have you read some of our posts about Erikson and Barron? They aren't flattering at all.

Reactions: Anison
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT