ADVERTISEMENT

Ant the Champ’s fight

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Should be streaming here:

I’m not really an MMA fan—can someone holler when he’s going to be up? Seems like a huge card.

Reactions: danoftw
Cassar doesn't look as great as I expected. No desire to strike. Taking him down relatively easily though.

Cassar takes the first round. 95% of it on the ground with Ant on top. Some ground and pound. Lots of sub attempts. Round 2.....mostly rinse and repeat. The ref did make them stand up. Too much ground....not much pound. Anthony turned his back on opponent and got rushed from behind. Ant got punched.....then took him down immediately. Not much action. Round 3: Ant got 2 medium rights but then a TD and 4 minutes of ground with little pound. Ref stood them up again for lack of action. Not a great one.

Last edited:
Nice win, but he didn't wow anyone in his victory. He's going to have to keep getting fights because he didn't do any standing out.

Dang, I love Tony and super happy he won but he looked way too much like Askren for my liking here. I didn't expect him to gas so quickly or be so one dimensional. But it underscores how hard and technical MMA is that a total stud like Tony can look so slow and ineffective in the octagon.

Fingers crossed that this is just a matter of ring rust and lack of experience and he'll build on this win. Bo said after the fight that Tony has been "off for a year."

A win is a win but that wasn't pretty. Good job avoiding punches with takedowns, but should've been able to get a submission for the amount of time he was on top. Gas tank obviously needs work too.

Antny back at 202 is hard to believe. I like his physique up at 230 better, but that's more for the modeling shots than where he best fits in MMA.

Certainly nothing to write home about, vs a 37 year old man who had about a 3 minute gas tank at best. He seemed reluctant to punch 'hard' while on the mat. It's a journey and this is only the beginning, but he has a long way to go between now and the big time.

Reactions: apoharrow
Hwy stand up is alot different then any other weight class one punch from a heavy could be lightsout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT