ADVERTISEMENT

Another positive that has totally been ignored - Singleton is developing into a real receiving threat out of the Backfield.

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
Allen has looked awful catching the ball (has dropped two easy TD passes already this season) - Singleton has looked much better assuming the "Flanker" role out of the Backfield.

Allen has looked awful catching the ball (has dropped two easy TD passes already this season) - Singleton has looked much better assuming the "Flanker" role out of the Backfield.

Absolutely, I was thinking about that as well. And it is a good way to get him the ball "in space" where he is more likely to be dangerous.

Absolutely, I was thinking about that as well. And it is a good way to get him the ball "in space" where he is more likely to be dangerous.

To-date, he has 13 receptions for 111 yards and a TD (probably has more TDs had they gone to him instead of Allen on the two easy TDs KA dropped).

Yes, good points and hope we see more passes to Singleton with room to run

Considering also that we don't yet have a breakout #2 wide receiver, perhaps we see more usage of a 2-back set?

Yes, good points and hope we see more passes to Singleton with room to run

Considering also that we don't yet have a breakout #2 wide receiver, perhaps we see more usage of a 2-back set?

Yeah, you can always shift 1 of the 2 (Singleton) into the "Flanker" position (which is in the Backfield - 1 of the 4 required), but flanked just off the T, if on "weak-side", or TE, if on "strong-side".

Reactions: royboy
Based on the title, I was about to say just what you did. Allen definitely needs work, but It's not for lack of trying. Hopefully he gets it soon. But yeah, Singleton is a beast as a receiving half-back.

PSU has thrown swing passes to RBs but I've been looking for inside screens. IIRC we ran an inside screen to Warren vs NW but not the RBs.

Just want to see that breakaway speed he showed last year. It must still be there or they wouldn’t be using him on kickoffs. Hoping they’re just saving the playbook until 10/21.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT