ADVERTISEMENT

Anal Bum Cover... What's your favorite Album Cover?

LionDeNittany

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Only one. Plus the reason:

This is the the first album I bought upon release... Tuesday morning 12:01 AM (I believe that was the time). Listened to it several times over the next week while staring at the cover and the inside images. Know almost every detail of the cover. I love the throwback image and the tie to that sci fi film from decades ago.

Take Me Down... a throw in song I imagine, I play for my daughter (along with it playing) to help her get to sleep.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the the first album I bought upon release... Tuesday morning 12:01 AM (I believe that was the time). Listened to it several times over the next week while staring at the cover and the inside images. Know almost every detail of the cover. I love the throwback image and the tie to that sci fi film from decades ago.

Take Me Down... a throw in song I imagine, I play for my daughter (along with it playing) to help her get to sleep.

maxresdefault.jpg

Great band, great album - the Pumpkins were so prolific; I think they did 28 songs for the actual album, and had another 28 written that were eventually released as part of a boxed set (when I say 'they' I mean Corgan).

So, if the question is favorite album cover, and not necessarily favorite album, I think I have it down to two:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

Joy-Division-Unknown-Pleasures-album-covers-billboard-1000x1000-compressed.jpg

And:

Hole - Live Through This

Hole-Live-Through-This-album-covers-billboard-1000x1000-compressed.jpg

Crap, doing this wrong but two more I love:

Fiona Apple - Tidal

rs-136009-b9939a06694c5e8f57f45abcf639831a85c334b9.jpg

Belle And Sebastian - Fold Your Hands Child You Walk Like a Peasant

41W0SKXE7TL.jpg

Reactions: 91Joe95
these are some weird choices. they are some of the least iconic album covers ever

Well the topic IS “your favorite” and not “most iconic” right? :)

For example, this is mine, mostly for nostalgic reasons as it was one of the very first albums I ever owned (albeit on cassette at the time):

The_Cars_-_Heartbeat_City.jpg

The Cars - Heartbeat City

I listened to it so damn much...

Lucifer’s Friend first album. One of the best album covers I have ever seen and one of my favorite albums and groups. First album is hard rock, sort of a cross between early Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Originally on Billingsgate records in quadraphonic sound, then Passport and later Phillips labels. I bought my second copy in the cutouts at Woolworths on Allen Street my freshman year at Penn State for the whopping price of 50 cents. I believe the first release was in 1970. I also purchased their second album “Rock and Roll Singer” at the same time for the same price. After the first album, the band became more of a progressive rock band playing with an orchestra on one album, then took more of a pop rock direction. The keyboards player, Peter Hecht, was considered a musical genius, writing and arranging all orchestra parts. A picture of the shorter guy appears on all their albums.
R-1615350-1326669810.jpeg.jpg

Uriah Heep album Innocent Victim. Simple but eye catching artwork. The album features former Lucifer’s Friend at the time and now current Lucifer’s Friend lead singer John Lawton.

Innocent_Victim_%28Uriah_Heep_album_-_cover_art%29.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MtNittany
Tempts-in-mellow-mood.jpg

Favorite song on this album is "Ol' Man River" followed by "The Impossible Dream". Actually, there ain't any song that I don't like on this album.

Reactions: HazletonLion

maxresdefault.jpg

Muzzle - one of my favorite songs ever

Album cover:

1400x1400bb.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT