ADVERTISEMENT

Anal Bum Cover... What's your favorite Album Cover?

Fragile-460.jpg

Well the topic IS “your favorite” and not “most iconic” right? :)

I listened to it so damn much...

That may be. but some of these are downright boring. This would be my list:

Abbey Road
Dark Side of the Moon
London Calling
Use Your Illusion I&II
In Utero

Rarely should a photograph - in place of "album art" make the grade. I do like the Born to Run cover though. In the 70's, the album art was what grabbed you. It was very important to sales.

What is interesting about this is it is timeless. Could be an album from last week or 1981.

Such a brilliant shot.

LdN

The cover was shot during a very happy time and was designed to represent something akin to an invitation that you would receive and open. Bruce said it was an invitation into his life. A couple of years later Bruce was in a very different and much darker space for Darkness.

Not his most celebrated work but Darkness is arguably the album that is most personal to Bruce and the material that he enjoys playing more than any other. It was an interesting time and Bruce wondered if he would record again given all the strife from a business perspective.

The idealistic Bruce on Born to Run grew up on Darkness.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
This happened in our inlet yesterday. Still trying to figure out how the snow bird (TN plates) managed to do it. It actually looks like an album cover.

101007048_10158614152749283_3719937128583397376_n.jpg

reminds me of last year when someone drove their Tesla on the beach in DE. Couldn’t get out and eventually the tide came in. These probably say more about the people who typically buy these cars...

sorry I couldn't find the stationary cover, but listen to the song. One of my favorite albums of my "formative" years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT