ADVERTISEMENT

Am I reading the stat line correctly? SEVEN sacks for the PSU D today?

It was nice to see - especially from Miller. But, KSU rotated three different QB's including at least one true freshman. I just don't know what anything means for this team until I see them play more.
Good points - IMO

This team (KSU) was going to provide ZERO opportunity to evaluate any aspect of the PSU D as a positive........their O is just so God-awful that any "takeaways" would be negatives (i.e. KSU did anything of note on offense would have been a bad sign)
Their O, I would think, would be bottom of the barrel MAC - and really has NOTHING to hang their hat on. Probably a mid level FCS offense

On the other hand, this was a pretty good game to be able to get a read on the PSU offense
I would suppose the KSU D is probably equal or better than a handful of B1G teams.......in addition, their scheme is likely to be fairly similar to what we will see from Pitt. Pitt will probably send their LBers into gaps a bit more (because that's what the do), and probably blitz/stunt up front more (based on what they will see on tape).......but, otherwise, probably a good game for the PSU to learn from

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Positives: #9 is a straight up winner. 26 is special, ran for 105 yards and basically had no blocking. Defense is big play, and big stop capable, DB's best since 05, punter is FANTASTIC.

Negatives: Still can't kickoff into the end zone, Still can't block anyone.
LOL!!! The Toe put seven of eight into the end zone. C'mon, man...

We could have had twice that many sacks. I don't know whether their QB's were that elusive and hard to bring down or whether we weren't able to wrap up very well. Some of each, I expect.

The b1g shiz-hole clowns could have called holding on virtually all of the pressures where KSU QB escaped pressure and called NONE, so you have that as well...

Reactions: simons96
The b1g shiz-hole clowns could have called holding on virtually all of the pressures where KSU QB escaped pressure and called NONE, so you have that as well...

yeah but still . . .

of all the games played with all the crappy teams out there on offense

Penn State still managed to record the second highest total sacks

I don't understand what people insist on diminishing this achievement

yeah but still . . .

of all the games played with all the crappy teams out there on offense

Penn State still managed to record the second highest total sacks

I don't understand what people insist on diminishing this achievement

No doubt, the PSU DL maintained relentless pressure on the QB the entire game despite graduating 3 of 4 to the NFL last year. All things considered, the DL played a heck of a game.

Reactions: simons96
Positives: #9 is a straight up winner. 26 is special, ran for 105 yards and basically had no blocking. Defense is big play, and big stop capable, DB's best since 05, punter is FANTASTIC.

Negatives: Still can't kickoff into the end zone, Still can't block anyone.

Not sure that it was the blocking. Everything we heard about Moorhead, he was supposed to exploit the defense and get out skill players the ball out in the open. The game Saturday was everything but getting our skill players in the open. Seemed like they only ran about 6-8 different plays on offense.

Reactions: 83wuzme
No doubt, the PSU DL maintained relentless pressure on the QB the entire game despite graduating 3 of 4 to the NFL last year. All things considered, the DL played a heck of a game.

there was much hype at the beginning of the game about how PSU would replace guys like Zettel and Nassib

great expectations of the secondary, not so much for the D line. I don't care what team they played, they played aggressively and had 7 sacks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT