ADVERTISEMENT

Allar still not very good..EDITED....he sucks!

Prediction: I predict that Allar will soon enter the portal. Think about it from his standpoint. He came to PSU as the second ranked QB in the country. I'm sure he was certain that after next year he would be a first round draft pick and make millions. It isn't working out for him at PSU. I doubt that he thinks it is his fault. He (and his supporters) will tell him that he isn't being coached very well, PSU has wide receivers that suck and they will be even worse next year, the OL will be worse next year, and the offensive coordinator is unproven. Allar will conclude he has a better chance at the NFL by playing elsewhere. Once other coaches sniff out that he may want to leave, Allar will get a lot of contacts. I bet a month from now he is gone. Just my opinion.
I think Allar belongs in the MAC. I think he'd do really well at Miami Ohio, or Ohio U. That's where he belongs, somewhere he can develop his skills and build his confidence. Close to home and not having to deal with big games and pressure, which he clearly can't do. Look, it's just a simple fact: there are some kids who have great talent, but do not possess the mental strength to handle it under the lights of the big stage

I hope Franklin and Kotelnicki encourage Drew to enter the Portal for his own good: this situation ain't getting any better next year or the year after either. Let the kid go home and get some confidence and some comfort.

When the game was over, I'll give him credit he nailed Warren over the middle with his best throw of the game. @Psubiomed has a point here. I told my brother today he looks like an aging relief pitcher just trying to throw darts and get something over. That's not going to cut it.

When the game was over, I'll give him credit he nailed Warren over the middle with his best throw of the game. @Psubiomed has a point here. I told my brother today he looks like an aging relief pitcher just trying to throw darts and get something over. That's not going to cut it.
He can really shine in the MAC. No major power 5 teams are going to want him: they've seen the tape and they realize the kid just isn't mentally equipped to handle the big stage.

Again, it would not be the worst thing for him. He can just focus on his game and work on the mental aspect that could serve him well in the NFL, where teams scheme around such things.

Prediction: I predict that Allar will soon enter the portal. Think about it from his standpoint. He came to PSU as the second ranked QB in the country. I'm sure he was certain that after next year he would be a first round draft pick and make millions. It isn't working out for him at PSU. I doubt that he thinks it is his fault. He (and his supporters) will tell him that he isn't being coached very well, PSU has wide receivers that suck and they will be even worse next year, the OL will be worse next year, and the offensive coordinator is unproven. Allar will conclude he has a better chance at the NFL by playing elsewhere. Once other coaches sniff out that he may want to leave, Allar will get a lot of contacts. I bet a month from now he is gone. Just my opinion.
A Buddy of mine texted the same thing " If Drew were my son I'd have him Portal.".

At first I hadn't really considered it. Now, I'd give him leaving maybe 33% chance. Like McCord, there will probably be a conversation about "guarantees." Not sure how James commits to anything.

The new OC is both a positive (new start) and negative (assume new system will take time- lessens the impact of leaving and having to make the same adjustment elsewhere).

I hope he stays, matures, and lives up to the hype. As much of his issues are on him as the staff. He simply has to make plays....

We shall see.

Almost everything they catch is a tough catch because it's always late and behind the guy. The ones they do make are bailout grabs and never yield any YAC. There are more problems than Drew and I'm not just crapping on the dude but we're going into year three, right? If he isn't sharp right out of the gate next year how long do you give him?
At real programs that are run with a championship or bust mindset, his job would seriously be on the line. At PSU under JF, where its friendship camp, the job is his as long as he wants it

I think Drew is fine. I too am concerned about him with the IT factor but consider most of the year the WRs have been non existent. No WR has stepped out to help him out and build trust. If Fleming comes or somebody actually steps up and plays hard every play and knows the playbook it could cement the confidence in Drew.

Again he has shown flashes. He needs to just play and trust his teammates. And a good WR will help.

I think Drew is fine. I too am concerned about him with the IT factor but consider most of the year the WRs have been non existent. No WR has stepped out to help him out and build trust. If Fleming comes or somebody actually steps up and plays hard every play and knows the playbook it could cement the confidence in Drew.

Again he has shown flashes. He needs to just play and trust his teammates. And a good WR will help.
Understand WR issue, but he missed on several wide open swing passes to RBs in yesterdays game alone and that has been an ongoing issue.

Reactions: 81b&w
Understand WR issue, but he missed on several wide open swing passes to RBs in yesterdays game alone and that has been an ongoing issue.
Of Drew's 13 starts, he had five games completing under 50% passing. That is pretty awful -- whether the WR"s stink or not. It's not like he attempts many deep balls or low percentage passes.

No, it will not be a mess: the kid coming in next year is already better than Allar.

That’s what everyone said of Allar before this year……… and yet here we are.

Either these QBs are not as good as their hype or the PSU coaching of the QBs is a complete mess.

Someone please explain "pro-style" QB to me and how Drew would be better in such a system?
Tom Brady is pro style. Not a runner. Strong, accurate arm typically. Used to be the norm in college and pros. Now it's borderline close to being the exception.

Franklin's system, regardless of OC is better for a dual threat QB, who is a balance of running and throwing skills.

Reactions: YeOldeCup and 81b&w
Tom Brady is pro style. Not a runner. Strong, accurate arm typically. Used to be the norm in college and pros. Now it's borderline close to being the exception.

Franklin's system, regardless of OC is better for a dual threat QB, who is a balance of running and throwing skills.
Thank you. Do you think Allar has the accuracy needed and would be much better in that kind of situation?

Either these QBs are not as good as their hype or the PSU coaching of the QBs is a complete mess.
Grunkmeyer has not had any of the issues Allar had in high school. This has been verified by the scouts and experts

Which Allar has also done numerous times.
Allar hasn’t missed that badly in any of the games I have watched all year in throws DOWN the field where there are defenders not behind the line of scrimmage where the only person in the same zip code was Allar.

At real programs that are run with a championship or bust mindset, his job would seriously be on the line. At PSU under JF, where its friendship camp, the job is his as long as he wants it
Friendship Camp..... very unrated comment on Little Game James.. Well done...Im laughing all the way from Costa Rica

Reactions: scrivener

Or the expectations are unrealistic considering I’ve read this sh!t about every QB we’ve had.

Allar is just fine when the importance of the game is lesser. His problem is that he isn't mentally strong enough to handle big games.

Just like his head coach.
Same thing you said about Clifford. Maybe it’s you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT