ADVERTISEMENT

Allar still not very good..EDITED....he sucks!

This team plays tight in bigger games. That's coaching culture and chemistry. Franklin has proven he can't beat like talented teams. It's unfortunate.
Allar has not looked good all season. His receivers look equally bad or worse. I've seen multiple plays they jogged off the line on a passing play. The receivers have zero explosion, even when just getting off the line let alone down the field. They haven't exactly made a tough catch let alone a routine one in recent memory.

Sorry to say but OSU and Mich was the norm....he needs a ton of work if this team is gonna make the playoff.

I still maintain the OL ain't helping him. What was to be the strength of offense turned into a liability. Again.

Prediction: I predict that Allar will soon enter the portal. Think about it from his standpoint. He came to PSU as the second ranked QB in the country. I'm sure he was certain that after next year he would be a first round draft pick and make millions. It isn't working out for him at PSU. I doubt that he thinks it is his fault. He (and his supporters) will tell him that he isn't being coached very well, PSU has wide receivers that suck and they will be even worse next year, the OL will be worse next year, and the offensive coordinator is unproven. Allar will conclude he has a better chance at the NFL by playing elsewhere. Once other coaches sniff out that he may want to leave, Allar will get a lot of contacts. I bet a month from now he is gone. Just my opinion.

Prediction: I predict that Allar will soon enter the portal. Think about it from his standpoint. He came to PSU as the second ranked QB in the country. I'm sure he was certain that after next year he would be a first round draft pick and make millions. It isn't working out for him at PSU. I doubt that he thinks it is his fault. He (and his supporters) will tell him that he isn't being coached very well, PSU has wide receivers that suck and they will be even worse next year, the OL will be worse next year, and the offensive coordinator is unproven. Allar will conclude he has a better chance at the NFL by playing elsewhere. Once other coaches sniff out that he may want to leave, Allar will get a lot of contacts. I bet a month from now he is gone. Just my opinion.
Logic is good. We have zero credibility coaching up nfl QBs and it’s always been that way. Collins and blackledge were good enough to be better than the coaching they received after that ….., ?

Reactions: winner01
Good. We are better with Pribula under center. Maybe Franklin will finally learn his lesson and stop recruiting pro style QBs. Give me 10 Jaxon Darts. Look at freakin Will Levis! What Franklin sees in the QBs he selects is beyond me. He doesn't bring in the right talent for the style he wants to play..., what program would want Allar?

Reactions: lilromeo and KFM74
Logic is good. We have zero credibility coaching up nfl QBs and it’s always been that way. Collins and blackledge were good enough to be better than the coaching they received after that ….., ?
Turning back to back low rated QB’s into NFL QB’s seems pretty good coaching up to me.

Not sure about your prediction. Man I hoped coming into the season he was the answer.

Not sure about your prediction. Man, I hoped he was the answer. He is not. He reminds me a lot of Christian Hackenberg. Big, the All-American look but struggles to play at a high level. I hope he makes the decision to go because I believe he and his family are holding Franklin hostage.

Reactions: Ghost of Hud
This team plays tight in bigger games. That's coaching culture and chemistry. Franklin has proven he can't beat like talented teams. It's unfortunate.
Allar has not looked good all season. His receivers look equally bad or worse. I've seen multiple plays they jogged off the line on a passing play. The receivers have zero explosion, even when just getting off the line let alone down the field. They haven't exactly made a tough catch let alone a routine one in recent memory.

Allar has the physical tools, but like McCord needs to toughen up mentally. You don't do that by transferring IMO.

to be fair, I think all of Franklin's starting qbs have made it to the NFL. it was certainly true for a long time though

Some guys are ballers and that is not drew Allar. His mechanics are poor and his reads are slow. He is hesitant, inaccurate, and gets way too many passes knocked down at the los for a guy who is 6-5. See him on the sidelines in the second half? He looks pouty and undetermined and not very focused. Give me a baller.

Not sure about your prediction. Man, I hoped he was the answer. He is not. He reminds me a lot of Christian Hackenberg. Big, the All-American look but struggles to play at a high level. I hope he makes the decision to go because I believe he and his family are holding Franklin hostage.
How would they be holding Franklin hostage?

Every starting QB under Franklin has gone on to the NFL.

Sorry to say but OSU and Mich was the norm....he needs a ton of work if this team is gonna make the playoff.
Prediction: After a few games next year all we are going to be talking about is how bad the offensive line is and how it would be impossible for Tom Brady or Joe Montana to complete passes with zero time to throw.

Reactions: m.knox
I notice you didn’t say on to a successful career in the nfl.
So what? Making the NFL in any capacity is still a massive accomplishment for a football player, only a very small percentage of them ever make it that far.

That is wrong. He ain't going no where and the new OC is not "unproven". He has a lot of work to do to improve but he ain't transferring.

That is wrong. He ain't going no where and the new OC is not "unproven". He has a lot of work to do to improve but he ain't transferring.
don't know about allar, but if i were pribula, i'd be entering the portal on the plane ride back. after that sh%$show, and you still don't get the 4th quarter, your prospects don't look good. after 2 years in the program
and virtually given the starting job, allar still looks like a deer in the headlights. sometimes change is good!!!

don't know about allar, but if i were pribula, i'd be entering the portal on the plane ride back. after that sh%$show, and you still don't get the 4th quarter, your prospects don't look good. after 2 years in the program
and virtually given the starting job, allar still looks like a deer in the headlights. sometimes change is good!!!
Nice lateral by Pribula—only 10 yards over Allar’s head.

Reactions: b&w1987
it does seem at times as if he has regressed

And, next year there will be at least 3 new starters on the OL (which actually could be a good thing). But, still. Drew just doesn't give off that 'commander' and 'leader' vibe to this point.

Reactions: psu00

Could be but you’d need another coach to have seen Allar’s play, especially against top competition, and decide he’s good for them. I’m not sure Allar’s done much to get lots of outside offers. I’m sure someone will but I don’t think it’ll be as many as he may think.

Reactions: scrivener

That would be a real mess for PSU. As we saw at Iowa a few years ago, you need a serviceable backup.

Might be best for him and PSU

Reactions: WaylonJ
They haven't exactly made a tough catch let alone a routine one in recent memory.
Almost everything they catch is a tough catch because it's always late and behind the guy. The ones they do make are bailout grabs and never yield any YAC. There are more problems than Drew and I'm not just crapping on the dude but we're going into year three, right? If he isn't sharp right out of the gate next year how long do you give him?

Reactions: RochLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT