ADVERTISEMENT

Alarming Jim Harbaugh stats as head coach at Yellow Pants U

21 East

Aug 29, 2002
Yikes, how are trolls posing as Wolverines content with stats like these of Yellow Pants University vs. the conference’s Big 2?

Big 2
————————————
James Franklin
Seasons as head coach: 9
Top 10 finishes: 4
Bowl victories: 4
NY6 bowl victories: 3
Slumber parties with high school boys: 0

Ryan Day
Seasons as head coach: 4
Bowl victories: 2
NY6 bowl victories: 2

Yellow Pants University
————————————
Jim Harbaugh
Seasons as head coach: 8
Top 10 finishes: 2
Bowl victories: 1
NY6 bowl victories: 0
Slumber parties with high school boys: 1

Love the response but we shouldn't be taking the bait.

Love the response but we shouldn't be taking the bait.
Agreed. I mostly have been ignoring the troll, but it isn’t the only target of this post. I think this info is interesting. Obviously there are other data points that show things in a different light, but I think these data points are relevant and show the great job the young men in blue and white have been doing.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Yikes, how are trolls posing as Wolverines content with stats like these of Yellow Pants University vs. the conference’s Big 2?

Big 2
————————————
James Franklin

Ryan Day

Yellow Pants University
————————————
Jim Harbaugh
Why are bowl victories listed?
Harbaugh is better than Franklin right now and will be until we make the playoff. Hopefully that changes next year.

Why are bowl victories listed?

Because they were played and the coaches coached in them?

I get it your point, but it's a game that counts just as much as the others in the record books. Not making the playoff isn't an excuse to not try and win a bowl game. Losing 6 straight is a terrible look no matter how you spin it. If it's a meaningless exhibition, why don't coaches decline to go?

Because they were played and the coaches coached in them?

I get it your point, but it's a game that counts just as much as the others in the record books. Not making the playoff isn't an excuse to not try and win a bowl game. Losing 6 straight is a terrible look no matter how you spin it. If it's a meaningless exhibition, why don't coaches decline to go?
But this is implying it's something that separates Franklin and Harbaugh. It's not. Winning or losing a bowl game is completely irrelevant. Can't decline a bowl bid if you're tied to a conference other than 2020. That's money for the conference. Michigan losing 6 straight has negatively impacted them how? Losing the playoff game to TCU was bad but the bowl games--meh. Franklin could be winless in bowls and I wouldn't say a word about that.

Right now--is Harbaugh or Franklin generally considered the better coach? Harbaugh's a weird dude but he finally seems to have adapted to the college game and has been very successful recently.

This isn't even anti-Franklin. But Day and Harbaugh are running better programs than him as of today. That has to change because Lincoln Riley is arguably better than him right now too. Can't fall to 4th--3 Big Ten teams will make the playoffs and we need to hope they don't need 4 spots to get in.

Big 2
————————————
James Franklin

Ryan Day

Yellow Pants University
————————————
Jim Harbaugh
Can’t believe some of you guys let ole Ted get to you this bad. The guys is a chode

What makes college football the greatest sport is the tradition, and one of the greatest college football traditions is Michigan's annual loss in their bowl game.
pL3Q4V2.jpg

But this is implying it's something that separates Franklin and Harbaugh. It's not. Winning or losing a bowl game is completely irrelevant. Can't decline a bowl bid if you're tied to a conference other than 2020. That's money for the conference. Michigan losing 6 straight has negatively impacted them how? Losing the playoff game to TCU was bad but the bowl games--meh. Franklin could be winless in bowls and I wouldn't say a word about that.

Right now--is Harbaugh or Franklin generally considered the better coach? Harbaugh's a weird dude but he finally seems to have adapted to the college game and has been very successful recently.

This isn't even anti-Franklin. But Day and Harbaugh are running better programs than him as of today. That has to change because Lincoln Riley is arguably better than him right now too. Can't fall to 4th--3 Big Ten teams will make the playoffs and we need to hope they don't need 4 spots to get in.

You don't think it means something that Franklin has won bowl games better than Harbaugh? I'm in no shape or fashion saying Franklin is the superior coach, but if a bowl is involved I'd take Franklin over Harbaugh. (Likewise, I'd take Harbaugh over Franklin as my regular season HC)

Riley is splashy but it's been awhile since his playoff appearance. When he wins the Big 10, let me know and we'll compare them. He's really great at QBs, WRs, and RBs, but he's never fielded even a decent defense (although I think that's a symptom of the offensive style).

Is he more successful than Franklin? Sure, he's been in the playoff. Also, it's been awhile. He seemingly ran from the SEC for the softer Pac 12 only to get lumped into the Big 10.

Jimbo Fisher has a national title to his credit and a #1 recruiting class last year; is he better than Franklin right now?

Good discussion though.

Reactions: bison13
You don't think it means something that Franklin has won bowl games better than Harbaugh? I'm in no shape or fashion saying Franklin is the superior coach, but if a bowl is involved I'd take Franklin over Harbaugh. (Likewise, I'd take Harbaugh over Franklin as my regular season HC)

Riley is splashy but it's been awhile since his playoff appearance. When he wins the Big 10, let me know and we'll compare them. He's really great at QBs, WRs, and RBs, but he's never fielded even a decent defense (although I think that's a symptom of the offensive style).

Is he more successful than Franklin? Sure, he's been in the playoff. Also, it's been awhile. He seemingly ran from the SEC for the softer Pac 12 only to get lumped into the Big 10.

Jimbo Fisher has a national title to his credit and a #1 recruiting class last year; is he better than Franklin right now?

Good discussion though.
So Franklin is better at winning an exhibition with players sitting out...who cares? Honestly why does anyone care? Its not the 80s.

Fisher is garbage but Riley is currently better.

They don't matter. Utterly meaningless with a playoff.
Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion, but I’m not sure how anyone who thinks the 2023 Rose Bowl was meaningless can get any enjoyment out of being a Penn State fan. That was a fantastically fun game to watch! I’d be very surprised if any of the Penn State players who participated thought it was meaningless. I sure didn’t; gave me as much satisfaction as any Penn State victory in a long time. However, I will say, next year when something that at least resembles a real playoff starts, you might have a point. But at least for now, I don’t share your opinion.

Last edited:
Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion, but I’m not sure how anyone who thinks the 2023 Rose Bowl was meaningless can get any enjoyment out of being a Penn State fan. That was a fantastically fun game to watch! I’d be very surprised if any of the Penn State players who participated thought it was meaningless. I sure didn’t; gave me as much satisfaction as any Penn State victory in a long time. However, I will say, next year when something that at least resembles a real playoff starts, you might have a point. But at least for now, I don’t share your opinion.
What difference did it make if we won that game or lost it? In the grand scheme of things will most people remember that or will they remember Georgia's win over Ohio State and TCU upsetting TCU? I watch bowl games the same way as I watch the Blue-White game. It's a preview to the following year. We would have benefited more had guys like Clifford sat out. Personally I like opt outs. It's best for the future of the team. Way more so than a win or loss.

What difference did it make if we won that game or lost it? In the grand scheme of things will most people remember that

I think closing out the year with a win can have a positive impact on a teams future. I think losing the Rose to USC set '17 up for its 2 losses where we couldn't close out wins. Some of it's on the coaches. Some of its on the kids. You have to learn how to be the very best.

Reactions: 21 East
I think closing out the year with a win can have a positive impact on a teams future. I think losing the Rose to USC set '17 up for its 2 losses where we couldn't close out wins. Some of it's on the coaches. Some of its on the kids. You have to learn how to be the very best.
Fair enough--I obviously don't believe that but I can understand the logic there. I'm just hoping we get to the point where bowl games cease to exist. I truly don't think anyone will miss them once they're gone.

Reactions: lazydave841
Bowl games are meaningless, regular season games after losing two contests are meaningless, LOL. Fanboys. Lot's of $$$$ paid by networks to broadcast meaningless games....does anyone watch them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT