ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama-Georgia MNC Game Thread

CDLionFL

Jul 27, 2008
Orlando
Hour before kickoff. There's plenty of complainers about the SEC and Alabama's participation in the CFP and whether or not UCF should be here, whatever. For those of us who want to discuss the game as it's being played, here's the opportunity hopefully without the naysayers.

I'd expect a defensive battle, of course. Biggest question will be if the freshman QB from Georgia can duplicate the performance he had against Notre Dame because I'd imagine running the ball against that Bama D will be difficult. On the Bama side, Georgia's D can be just as stout so will Hurts have a similar performance to the Clemson game last year or will it be their running game that carries the day. Lots of strategy involved, hope for the under!

Great game on paper--hopefully the game is as good. I'm in the minority that seems to believe Georgia can win this game. Go Dawgs!

Reactions: YorkLion
Hour before kickoff. There's plenty of complainers about the SEC and Alabama's participation in the CFP and whether or not UCF should be here, whatever. For those of us who want to discuss the game as it's being played, here's the opportunity hopefully without the naysayers.

I'd expect a defensive battle, of course. Biggest question will be if the freshman QB from Georgia can duplicate the performance he had against Notre Dame because I'd imagine running the ball against that Bama D will be difficult. On the Bama side, Georgia's D can be just as stout so will Hurts have a similar performance to the Clemson game last year or will it be their running game that carries the day. Lots of strategy involved, hope for the under!

I am really ambivalent about this game and have had a tough time watching the hype for the past week .... because of "what could have been" for our 2017 Nittany Lions. I am not saying we should have/could have been the National Champion or would have won the semi final, but man .... this was the year for us to make it to the CFP. I don't expect to ever see a player as good as Saquon in a Penn State uniform for the rest of my life ...

Reactions: BUFFALO LION

I will not watch this game... purely because I don't care. However I expect a Bama blowout.

LdN

Can you imagine if this was Penn State-Ohio State for the NC. And some SEC fan came on the board and said how it was a glorified exhibition game? The board would be apoplectic.
Would we have both lost to Michigan by a combined 6 scores and then Michigan already has lost to an undefeated team in their bowl game?

Can you imagine if this was Penn State-Ohio State for the NC. And some SEC fan came on the board and said how it was a glorified exhibition game? The board would be apoplectic.

Don't worry. Last year proved that will never happen. The fix is in.

Neither team will have to face the best team from the best Conference in the Country. A complete farce.

Let me know when it's time to douse the most miserable coach in football with a sports beverage.

2616e8c555a8dabeca8c87c9274fb00a.gif

HTTP3d3dy50b3RhbHByb3Nwb3J0cy5jb20vd3AtY29udGVudC91cGxvYWRzLzIwMTMvMDMvbmljay1zYWJhbi1ub3QtaW1wcmVzc2VkLWJ5LWdhdG9yYWRlLXNob3dlci1nYXRvcmFkZS1naWZzLmdpZgloglog.gif

Should be an incredible national championship !!

We will never know. One is a beauty queen and the other won't have to face the best team from the best Conference in the Country. A complete and total Dr Pepper sponsored sham.

With the game played in Pittsburgh.

The roof is leaking. Was watching the weather channel and they had a report about it.

True but there’s clearly a bit of a backlash at the all SEC matchup. It’s telling that espn barely finished welcoming people to the broadcast and immediately launched into a defense of the matchup.

The roof is leaking. Was watching the weather channel and they had a report about it.

I saw that too. Supposedly around the 20 on the Georgia endzone side.

A big ten officiating crew is doing the game? Let the SEC bitching about the officiating begin. ;) I’ve never heard an official at the coin toss make sure to tell everyone where he and his team were from.

I know why PSU threw the OSU and MSU games this year... that hideous 2018 logo would ruin Penn State’s uniform perfection.

Why are Nick Saban’s eyes always bloodshot? Somethings wrong.

Last edited:
WTF, if you are representing your school as honorary captain for the coin toss, could you please wear pants without holes in them.... and, can somebody please tell Hershel Walker to tuck his freakin shirt inside his pants before he trips over it!

Reactions: Nitwit
I saw that too. Supposedly around the 20 on the Georgia endzone side.

A big ten officiating crew is doing the game? Let the SEC bitching about the officiating begin. ;) I’ve never heard an official at the coin toss make sure to tell everyone where he and his team were from.

The ref at the Rose Bowl introduced himself and his umpire and what conference they were from during the coin toss.

The ref at the Rose Bowl introduced himself and his umpire and what conference they were from during the coin toss.

I missed that at the Rose Bowl. The crowd did get the last word tonight booing once he announced they were from the big ten. :D

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
WTF, if you are representing your school as honorary captain for the coin toss, could you please wear pants without holes in them.... and, can somebody please tell Hershel Walker to tuck his freakin shirt inside his pants before he trips over it!

Doesn't everyone from the SEC wear pants with holes in them??????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT