ADVERTISEMENT

After spring game, early predictions for season

giphy.gif
Borat-No.gif

Brenon Thrift has been accepted and will enroll for the summer session. Boost for the DL. Kid is good. Anyone word on Chavis yet?

Why do people keep saying Pitt is better? They lost Boyd and Connor will not be playing. They have a new OC and their recruiting classes have sucked compared to ours. I don't get it. We will beat Pitt and pretty easily.

Here is a question...why on this board do you say we shouldn't lose to Pitt and that we have more talent than them/better than them. On Pitt's board, you say the exact opposite and say Pitt should win? Troll much?

Here is a question...why on this board do you say we shouldn't lose to Pitt and that we have more talent than them/better than them. On Pitt's board, you say the exact opposite and say Pitt should win? Troll much?

My prediction is based purely on coaching and not on talent. Talent, we beat Pitt like a drum. Potential, we crush them. Coaching, we had really bad coaching under Franklin. This is the season to prove otherwise or he needs to get going.

My prediction is based purely on coaching and not on talent. Talent, we beat Pitt like a drum. Potential, we crush them. Coaching, we had really bad coaching under Franklin. This is the season to prove otherwise or he needs to get going.

If PSU does have a good season, will you "get going?" 99.9% of this board hopes so, PantherRevival.

By the way, what is your football coaching experience, so I can be sure your evaluation of Franklin's ability is reliable?

If PSU does have a good season, will you "get going?" 99.9% of this board hopes so, PantherRevival.

By the way, what is your football coaching experience, so I can be sure your evaluation of Franklin's ability is reliable?

Pitt hasn't won 11 games in a season in 34 years, so he knows bad coaching when he sees it.

Lionrevival said:

I hope that Pitt can lure him in once we lose Narduzzi. Franklin would be a MAJOR upgrade.

We had an almost identical season as they did while still under the weight of the sanctions. So what makes Narduzzi so much better than Franklin? And talking about coaches still doesn't explain why you trash PSU on a Pitt board and then say we should win on the PSU board. That's the very definition of a troll.

We had an almost identical season as they did while still under the weight of the sanctions. So what makes Narduzzi so much better than Franklin? And talking about coaches still doesn't explain why you trash PSU on a Pitt board and then say we should win on the PSU board. That's the very definition of a troll.

Let's not dance around the issue. He's a Pitt fan pathetically pretending to be a Penn State fan. EVERYONE KNOWS. I wonder if he contemplates where his life started to go wrong.

Do you really believe that Pitt could lure Franklin away from Penn State? That's adorable.

My post was in response to lionrevival saying that he "needs to get going". In that situation where he "gets going" I was hoping that Pitt could lure him away. I'm not naïve enough to think Pitt could lure coach from anywhere.

Putz NarDouchey is his boyfriend, that's what.

Let's not dance around the issue. He's a Pitt fan pathetically pretending to be a Penn State fan. EVERYONE KNOWS. I wonder if he contemplates where his life started to go wrong.

I believe PR is a PSU fan who has adopted a ASWP moniker for the purpose of satire - e.g., mirror opposite of LR. Actually like most of his posts if you understand his satirical approach (especially like the old ASWP colors and script writing he uses - ASWP abandoned them years ago as part of their identity and switched to Dark, Dark Blue and Dark Gold/Bronze, so even his Avatar is pretty amusing from a satirical standpoint).

Reactions: Pantherrevival
I believe PR is a PSU fan who has adopted a ASWP moniker for the purpose of satire - e.g., mirror opposite of LR. Actually like most of his posts if you understand his satirical approach (especially like the old ASWP colors and script writing he uses - ASWP abandoned them years ago as part of their identity and switched to Dark, Dark Blue and Dark Gold/Bronze, so even his Avatar is pretty amusing from a satirical standpoint).

PSU fan? I bleed light blue and mustard yellow, or is it dark blue and gold? Irregardless.................... Hail to Pitt!

I'm talking about LionRevival.

I'm thinking 9-3. I love the 2 Qbs we have and I think the defense could be solid, possibly even better in some areas. Last year's D could get after the QB but we were not good in a lot of other areas. We may not have the sacks we had last year but could be better overall, pending injuries.

It doesn't have to be a great D but we need to stop the run better and be better on 3rd down. Oh yeah tackling could be better too.

I think the schedule looks tough on paper, but might work to our benefit in some ways. I think we can beat Pitt and Temple. Pitt didn't impress me last year and they did lose some of the better Offensive players. Their Defense was not impressive last year. I think we beat Temple at home by 2 scores. As for the rest of the schedule... we get Ohio St, Michigan St, and Iowa at home. All 3 are losing alot of talent. Maryland and Minnesota are winnable at home. The worst of our road games is at Michigan which obviously will be tough but who knows... The other road games are Pitt - already discussed, Purdue, Indiana, and Rutgers. All are easily winnable.

As you can tell I am optimistic and exited about this team while also acknowledging that depth is still an issue especially at DT and LB. If we can mange to stay healthy at LB and the JUCO kids step up at DT this team could be pretty good. The talent at WR and RB is elite, the QBs look better than adequate, and if the OL improves with better schemes and added depth the offense will be a force.

Lastly, the incoming freshman punter and kicker will be a huge upgrade compared to what we had last year. Coverage of punts and kick will probably improve. We still need better kick and punt returns, but I think we now have enough athletes that this area should be better than recent years as well.

Stop with the sanctions. It didn't affect recruiting at all. We had better classes under sanctions with Franklin than with Joe during the 2000s (a lot of his classes).

We will eventually be rid of Franklin and when that happens we are a consistent top 15 team of not top ten.

Using your logic then please don't analyze, judge, or provide an opinion on anything that you're not an expert in...

Stop with the sanctions. It didn't affect recruiting at all. We had better classes under sanctions with Franklin than with Joe during the 2000s (a lot of his classes).

We will eventually be rid of Franklin and when that happens we are a consistent top 15 team of not top ten.

How do we stop with the sanctions? They are a fact that affected everything about this program. And how can you say they didn't affect recruiting? What were our recruiting rankings under O'Brien? You know this year and last year's upper class men. Also, how many recruits did we not get because of the sanctions? Plus, we had fewer scholarships to give so that in itself hurst recruiting badly. Until every team we play has similar sanctions then they will affect the on field product. They didn't have them and we did, so we're not on a level playing field...end of story.

Give it up Douchebag - - - you will NEVER even come close to our boy "21" - - - and, as opposed to an interloper like you, "21" is OUR guy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT