ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Aaron Nagao to Penn State!!!!!

Bassett/Forrest
I read somene on HWC identifying these two as must gets. I expect IRONBIRD could already be inking them into a future line-up projection that shows Iowa beating PSU in the dual. PROVE ME WRONG!!! WHAT SAY YOU?!?!?!

See @82bordeaux how I posted this funny here instead of GIA? I'm learning.

I read somene on HWC identifying these two as must gets. I expect IRONBIRD could already be inking them into a future line-up projection that shows Iowa beating PSU in the dual. PROVE ME WRONG!!! WHAT SAY YOU?!?!?!

Of course he is. I've got some real bad news for them, though...

giphy.gif

TBH - My post to the Spencer thread (which upset someone who I had long put on ignore) reflected my 'Street Fight' instincts rearing their ugly head. I posted it shortly after I was replied to with a "Ped Valley."

To me, it was a commensurate response. My intent was to de-escalate through humor. Obviously, when attempting humor one has to be willing to risk the chance of bombing.

TBH - My post to the Spencer thread (which upset someone who I had long put on ignore) reflected my 'Street Fight' instincts rearing their ugly head. I posted it shortly after I was replied to with a "Ped Valley."

To me, it was a commensurate response. My intent was to de-escalate through humor. Obviously, when attempting humor one has to be willing to risk the chance of bombing.
In a post alluding to Bob Nicolls and mentioning bombing, it may be appropriate to note that British Air Marshal Arthur “Bomber” Harris’ area bombardment strategy in WWII was something that was euphemistically called “dehousing” given its target and impact on the residential housing stock of Nazi Germany. Quite ironic as I think old Slumlord would enjoy that euphemism - has more cachet than “eviction”

I'm as excited about our recent pick-ups as everyone else is. This is quite a team we will have next year (depending on who RSs), and for years to come. But I'm troubled a bit by the intensity of the rubbing it (especially on Iowa) that I read here. I know that some of Iowa's extreme fans post things over the top. I would like to think that we can absorb that and not respond in kind. I like to think that we can just let our coaches and wrestlers make the case of how good they are, without our wanting/needing to belittle others. I know that this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. But I would prefer taking pleasure in the great character and performance or our guys, rather than in knocking down others. If everyone is free to share their opinion, then I guess I am too. I also think I speak for a good number of others.
I think a little good-natured ribbing is all in good fun. I think taking over their threads is not.

I also think it’s pretty easy to tell what is good-natured and what isn’t.

I think a little good-natured ribbing is all in good fun. I think taking over their threads is not.

I also think it’s pretty easy to tell what is good-natured and what isn’t.
oh you mean like the way they treat PSU fans??LOL

oh you mean like the way they treat PSU fans??LOL
I won't belabor this, but just make one more comment. Yes, there are some Iowa fans that post some pretty ugly things (and I'm sure that many good Iowa fans are embarrassed by it). I just would like us not to stoop to that level. We can do better than that. And, that reflects well on PSU!

I won't belabor this, but just make one more comment. Yes, there are some Iowa fans that post some pretty ugly things (and I'm sure that many good Iowa fans are embarrassed by it). I just would like us not to stoop to that level. We can do better than that. And, that reflects well on PSU!
what did I say wrong,just made a statement??I know all teams have people like that but I was not talking about any one person!

Was that General Ripper (originally)? Nice!!! I believe the "A few good men" line was a homage to "Dr Strangelove."

Maybe you could create one alter ego on GIA that is sympathetic and use it as often as one might go to confession or seek absolution.
Right.

Are we becoming a bona fide “dream school”?
Don't look now but Lilledahl said ...

"Jammenz: shut up" -- Willie Saylor, Jan 6, 2017
Reactions:Sullivan, danoftw, Creek Side and 7 others

Reactions: creamery freak
I think he’s just continuing the discussion. Not posting at you. That’s how I took it.
Yes, that's exactly right. I probably shouldn't have used tull's post to respond too, as my post was broader in nature.

maybe iowa will start making early payments to them??LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT