ADVERTISEMENT

A9 report out in the open

Spanier's full interview content never made the final interview notes. Among the omissions:

• Spanier passed a polygraph to get his clearance renewed
  • Curley and Shultz independently told Spanier he was being wronged when he stepped down, as neither had ever told him of abuse.
  • Spanier said the reasoning he thought JS needed counseling was because JS didn't know he shouldn't shower with boys, not because he suspected molestation.

p.21

This is the kind of information that is important in the overall evaluation of the Freeh Rpt's validity. This is why we need reporters to interview people to talk about these specific points and point them out and give some context.... otherwise, a quick scan of the A9 report will not reveal these details to the average reader.

I'm thinking that Snedden and (the guy who writes the legal articles) would be good people to start with interviewing to analyze this report.

As I've said since day 1, C/S/S/P really had no idea what they were dealing with after McQ gave his statement to them. The above more or less confirms that.

"Fina said he would provide the Freeh Group with copies of transcripts from the Grand Jury." page 27

If the commonwealth has any integrity left, Fina is really effed right now.

wheneveryone-gets-atrophy-you-dont-know-how-to-lose-boohoo-6621108.png

Last edited:
As I've said since day 1, C/S/S/P really had no idea what they were dealing with after McQ gave his statement to them. The above more or less confirms that.

One reason why they didn't know what they were dealing with might be because MM gave them a soft report and didn't say anything about sexual assault.

Dranov & John McQueary said that MM didn't tell them about sexual assault. They just said he was upset and kept referring to sounds. Dranov specifically said that MM didn't say anything that warranted calling the police. MM testified that he used soft language with Joe and C/S both testified that MM didn't tell them about sexual assault.

So why should we believe Dranov & Dad but not believe the PSU administrators?

How about this gem on page 20 (pdf page 24).

...the Freeh Report states "A senior Penn State official referred to Curley as Paterno's 'errand boy.'" ...Our review revealed that the source of this statement was the University President Rodney Erickson,..."

Well now...

I'll put this here even though double posting, but report indicates that Fina shared Grand Jury transcripts with Freeh. Does anyone know if this is legal?

Reactions: 91Joe95
I'll put this here even though double posting, but report indicates that Fina shared Grand Jury transcripts with Freeh. Does anyone know if this is legal?
Whether it’s legal or not isn’t proof that the Freeh report was wrong! You guys are salivating over crumbs of nothingness.

I had heard rumors about the threatening nature of the Freeh "interrogators." Now we know that people felt like their jobs were threatened and yet overwhelmingly supported the good character of Tim, Gary, Graham and Joe. It does my heart good to know that there were honest and courageous people who refused to be intimidated.
Corbett comes out looking worse than before.....and I didn't think that was possible. He and Surma really had an agenda.
If you had an inkling that Fina, Feathers etc. were sleazy......well "its not a perfect world."
Then there is Cynthia Baldwin. The gift that keeps on giving. Sounds like she was the voice behind the report. Good old Miss Vicky.....she was just trying to be helpful....LOL what a misanthrope.
Finally, I wonder who the ex football playing Judas on the BOT was. I guess we get two guesses.

Whether it’s legal or not isn’t proof that the Freeh report was wrong! You guys are salivating over crumbs of nothingness.

There are countless other factoids that demonstrate the Freeh Report was flawed and wrong. The information in the A9 report indicates that Freeh and team admitted internally they had no evidence of a coverup. And that was the concluding opinion that Freeh ran with.

While those of us on here who have rehashed this hundreds of times knew that, I doubt the general public does. That is the kind of info that needs to get out and get state legislative people questioning and pressuring the IraBOTs. (Not that I think that will happen, but it's the avenue that is needed).

"Report states 430 interviews were conducted. Surprisingly, only 25% of the interviews are cited."p.23

This stood out to me but again, nobody gives a flyin' fish. At least, at very least people who were on the board at one time put it out there. This is good, as was the statement that the entire institution was painted as a den of iniquity which PSU applauded but is now, at least, being shot down. Might not mean a pile of piss but OK with me.

How about this gem on page 20 (pdf page 24).

...the Freeh Report states "A senior Penn State official referred to Curley as Paterno's 'errand boy.'" ...Our review revealed that the source of this statement was the University President Rodney Erickson,..."

Well now...
Interesting statement from - get his name off our creamery - Erickson, the lapdog of the OGBOT

Forgetting about the Freeh report for a microsecond, think about the slaps to the nuggets the fans got....the BOT elections, the naming of buildings, the decisions that were made since 2011 including everything from parade marshals to satellite campus speakers to parking...you will hop to the music or you will ride out. Up to you.

you have to love Bunny's logic

"The University was trying to stifle this report from the A7 . . . because it is a big nothing burger" LOL what a clown.

I helped several alumni trustees get elected. None of them voted for Dambly.

Bunny shills for one, and she votes for Dambly

go figure

One of Freeh's investigators emailed Freeh and 6 others after reviewing the PA Grand Jury secrecy law. They knew Baldwin was about to eff up and appear with C/S/S before the GJ creating an "unnecessary hindrance to the university's access to info about the GJ." Freeh and team left her eff up anyway. Best $8 million dollars spent ever!

p.53

One of Freeh's investigators emailed Freeh and 6 others after reviewing the PA Grand Jury secrecy law. They knew Baldwin was about to eff up and appear with C/S/S before the GJ creating an "unnecessary hindrance to the university's access to info about the GJ." Freeh and team left her eff up anyway. Best $8 million dollars spent ever!

p.53
It isn't possible that Baldwin could have honestly been so clueless.....is it?

p.53

They knew it didn't matter. Nothing was getting past the state sponsored goalie.

This stood out to me but again, nobody gives a flyin' fish. At least, at very least people who were on the board at one time put it out there. This is good, as was the statement that the entire institution was painted as a den of iniquity which PSU applauded but is now, at least, being shot down. Might not mean a pile of piss but OK with me.
I don't have it in front of me, but they(Freeh) asked 132 people if C/S/S/P had the characteristics to pull off a cover-up, only 9 had anything negative to say.

The graft and corruption on this BOT is only rivaled by those sweet soles that sit under their chairs in our legislature, and count our money as it goes into their expense accounts.

I didn't know about Struthers, I would like to know more. the
Struthers was an executive at MBNA and they had a sizeable credit card deal with PSU. Freeh also worked at MBNA for a period of time with Struthers. To make it worse, Struthers was on the board at TSM. When PSU hired Freeh, they omitted Freeh's MBNA employ in the press release and stated he had no conflict or ties to PSU. The Philly Inquirer, to their credit, pointed this conflict out immediately.

https://www.philly.com/philly/blogs...estigator-was-exec-at-firm-with-PSU-ties.html

The Philly Inquirer, to their credit, pointed this conflict out immediately.

And the crickets were deafening. All those years I got those MBNA credit card come-ons. All that shiz I threw in the garbage. I am directly responsible for all of this. I hate me :eek:.

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then. (to quote a Michigan guy.)

Last edited:
Struthers was an executive at MBNA and they had a sizeable credit card deal with PSU. Freeh also worked at MBNA for a period of time with Struthers. To make it worse, Struthers was on the board at TSM. When PSU hired Freeh, they omitted Freeh's MBNA employ in the press release and stated he had no conflict or ties to PSU. The Philly Inquirer, to their credit, pointed this conflict out immediately.

https://www.philly.com/philly/blogs...estigator-was-exec-at-firm-with-PSU-ties.html[/QUOTE

Yeah, I read the whole thing, but there is more to know about this guy, me thinks, too linked to second mile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT